Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Colonists

Default Colonists

Where did Dozy's thread go? I was going to ask him what we should do about all the pesky colonists who have arrived on our Orkney and Shetland shores since 1468, bringing their alien ways with them - The surnames starting with Mac and Mc, the trend for men getting married in checked skirts, whilst another guy in a checked skirt performs a lewd act on an octopus, their attempts to get us to help them seek independence for their motherland, their attempts to displace our native language, "Old Norn", with something called "Scots" which seems to just be English spoken in a Glaswegian accent.

We have been well and truly colonised here by what I would guess Dozy would call "colonists masquerading as seperatists"

Was Dozy embarrassed with the direction the thread was going, and deleted it to save face?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    whilst another guy in a checked skirt performs a lewd act on an octopus
    what a sucker
    W.A.T.P.

Sorry ,been told not to talk to terrorists or law breakers. So I can't talk to Tories or their radicalized supporters.

Hopefully then, you'll still be able to find a 'non Tory English tutor' to help with your punctuation and spelling.

Don't be put off by them being an English tutor - They may well be Scottish.

It's not me that's stocking up on shotgun cartridges .

As a colonist ,what's your definition of the word ' colony' .

A double gin, a dash of pink grapefruit juice and a drop of Luxardo.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/cockta...pe/2352/colony

You sound like you have the recipe a bit wrong however and have been putting far too much gin in it. Go easy on it and drink more grapefruit juice. Then we might be better placed to understand what it is you are saying.

Colony

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

can you tell me the definition of the word Terrorist .

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.
    Ah right, so in that context, Orkney and/or Shetland are the areas under the full or partial political control, and Scotland is the country doing the controlling and occupation?

Thanks for clearing that up and confirming what we suspected.

Fortunately, as you will have seen in another thread, moves are afoot in both Orkney and Shetland to remedy that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Ah right, so in that context, Orkney and/or Shetland are the areas under the full or partial political control, and Scotland is the country doing the controlling and occupation?

Thanks for clearing that up and confirming what we suspected.

Fortunately, as you will have seen in another thread, moves are afoot in both Orkney and Shetland to remedy that situation.
    Yet again the colonist in you makes the argument ' it's ok for us to do it to you because we say your doing it to someone else' total rubbish . Scotland is a country that has international standing , Orkney and Shetland ain't . If they want to be independent by all means go for it . Scotland won't bully or threaten them with a campaign of Fear. Here's hoping that you support the same if the channel isles ,Gib , the Falklands and maybe the isle of white choose independence.Funny how you hate Scotland and hate the folk that what independence but flag wave for Orkney and Shetland who are looking in the same direction . Cherry picking unionism .

Whats the definition of terrorism or will we get more waffle.
    Good to see you acknowledge that Scotland is a colony and Westminster will have a say in the Orkney Shetland debate as part of the U.K. Boris is a No trust ,no treaty ,no truth colonist masquerading as a unionist.

Dozy, at least let the sun get over the yardarm before you start into the rum.

Your post contains some deeply disturbing quotes. Orkney and Shetland do not have international standing you say? Well, this does re-inforce how irrelevant the Scexiteers consider the Northern Isles, except when they want the oil, the fish or the energy.

And your continuing obsessesion with terrorism is deeply disturbing. Is there perhaps a de-radicalisation programme in your area that you could sign up for?

And I really do think you have had too much "pre sun/yardarm rum" to interpret that I acknowledge that Scotland is a colony. I didn't. But like your obsession with terrorism, your obsession with colonies is of great concern.

I thought dozy was from a family of incomers to Caithness. I hope I have the right dozy!