Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Failures of the SNP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Failures of the SNP!

If I am reading anything that resembles reality, the Scottish Gov’t is failing miserably!
    The promise of 580 homes was relegated to 50!
    £15 Bbbillion in debt...that should never have happened.
    £2000 per person in debt...way above average.
    Now those who advocate Their ‘deliverance’ out of Debt........what say U?
    So Sad for a proud Country....And Salmond still being defended at the ‘public purse’!
    And of course...... . the Secret Celebrity. Likely many more than one!
    Another...What say U? Ty.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Horseman, but what you are reading is true, and the Scottish Government is indeed failing us miserably. The continued obsession with the neverendum is blinding a proportion of our population who can't or won't see what is really going on. They still seem to hark back to that cover picture on the Daily Record with 25 £20 notes laid out in a fan and the headline "£500 for every Scot if we vote Yes". Poor things.

Some thought that the SG was doing a good job in their handling of the Conoravirus scam. But everyday now, Scotland's efforts are put to shame by Wales. Our economy is tanked, but this seems to be the intention of the SG, so it can be blamed on Westminster.

I agree, it's quite sad how some in our country have painted us all in a corner. Just to try and get their way. Hopefully the conned amongst us will wake up and smell the coffee in the near future and we can start to rebuild our country, with all this neverendum nonsense put behind us fir once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    To be in debt, one has to borrow money. The Scottish government in Holyrood doesn't have borrowing powers? My question is who borrowed such a large amount of money on Scotland's behalf?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    To be in debt, one has to borrow money. The Scottish government in Holyrood doesn't have borrowing powers? My question is who borrowed such a large amount of money on Scotland's behalf?
    It would appear ‘Debt’ should be replaced by ‘Deficit’.

Ahh the GERS deficit of £15.1Bn. How do you think we arrived at that?
    What GERS is asking you to believe is that with just 8.2% of the UK population Scotland created between 54% and 60% of the UK deficit. It did not. The Holyrood government would not have chosen to spend much of the cost charged to it by the UK government. In a normal, independent country Scotland would not have chosen to pay for the Trident nuclear weapon system, HS2, the new Hinkley Point C nuclear power station, London’s Crossrail etc. The list goes on; projects that are of no benefit whatsoever to the people of Scotland. The ‘deficit’ is the proportion of the UK’s much bigger deficit that is foisted upon Scotland.
    Maya Angelou

With the above logic, we in Orkney and Shetland should keep all our oil money up here, and now allow Holyrood to squander it on vanity projects that have no benefit to Orkney or Shetland. All that spending on motorways, Gaelic road signs, in fact, anything south of the Pentland Firth.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    With the above logic, we in Orkney and Shetland should keep all our oil money up here, and now allow Holyrood to squander it on vanity projects that have no benefit to Orkney or Shetland. All that spending on motorways, Gaelic road signs, in fact, anything south of the Pentland Firth.
    Last time I looked Orkney and Shetland were part of the country that is Scotland and have been so since 1472.
    Maya Angelou

Indeed it is Horseman, all driven by the monoagenda SNP

Interesting headline (well, front page domination) in this weeks Orcadian

https://www.orcadian.co.uk/wp-conten...tember-17.jpeg

Orkney independence could be good for the Caithness economy if they decide to have significantly lower Alcohol/Tobacco tax etc. Booze cruises could become a thing up here just like it is in the south of England.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Not sure any Caithness holders of off sales licences would agree with you there, Alrock......

So this is where we should expect heaps of support from the Scexiteers. If we join them, as well as other oppressed outposts, such as Catalonia, then we should all band together. The SNP will of course be fully supportive. Won't they?

all driven by the monoagenda(sic) SNP
    None of the things I mentioned above, regarding Orkney and Shetland, have anything to do with the SNP. They are just some of the consequences of going it alone, or remaining with the rUK.

If you are referring to Scottish Independence, you still fail to understand what it is all about. The SNP are not forcing anyone to go for Independence. They are the only way to get us there. Many people in Scotland want to become a country in our own right again. Most never wanted this union with England in the first place, but it was thrust upon us by Lord this and Earl that, who were blackmailed and bribed to sign us up, whether we wanted it or not. (If you want to get into the Darien fiasco...that should be a new thread)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parcel of Rogues.jpg 
Views:	1375 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	35344

You appear to believe that Orkney and Shetland should have the option of Independence, but not Scotland itself? That's like the politicians who always cheer on other countries that are celebrating their Independence Days, then turn round to Scotland and say, "Ah, but not for you."

Methinks you are going to have to change your ‘entire’ leadership.
    It seems like a terrible mess! How can one go forward with all these Civil/Criminal proceedings, and continuing allegations!

Its not for the want of trying Horseman. Here in Orkney (and up in Shetland) we repeatedly have a Scottish Government foisted upon us that we did not vote for. And then for the following 5 years, they again make a right horses backside of it. I guess its due to years of repetition of this that the vikings are now seeking their FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, once free, the rUK will have us back again. Maybe with the darkening nights, I should nip down to London and project an "Orkney and Shetland Luvs UK" message on the side of Big Ben?

You'd better get your skates on then before there is another lock down when the Scots might not actually be able to cross the border. Oh, and by the way, cases are rising rapidly in London and the NHS there are bracing themselves for a second huge influx of Covid patients- but of course, you dismiss all of that and this is not the virus thread at the end of the day. So, have a nice trip- send us a post card, won't you.

Here in Orkney (and up in Shetland) we repeatedly have a Scottish Government foisted upon us that we did not vote for. And then for the following 5 years, they again make a right horses backside of it. I guess its due to years of repetition of this that the vikings are now seeking their FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, once free, the rUK will have us back again. Maybe with the darkening nights, I should nip down to London and project an "Orkney and Shetland Luvs UK" message on the side of Big Ben?
    Considering the statement above, have you read the latest story from The Herald? You might Luv the UK, but it appears they don't think much of you.......or Human Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    If I am reading anything that resembles reality, the Scottish Gov’t is failing miserably!
    The promise of 580 homes was relegated to 50!
    £2000 per person in debt...way above average.
    Now those who advocate Their ‘deliverance’ out of Debt........what say U?
    So Sad for a proud Country....And Salmond still being defended at the ‘public purse’!
    And of course...... . the Secret Celebrity. Likely many more than one!
    Another...What say U? Ty.
    For a party that seems to be failing it is doing remarkably well in the polls. It makes one suspect that you just made up the original post from bumph you read in the Daily Mail/Express or got it from the BBC.

Electoral Calculus has been predicting for months now that if a GE were held tomorrow then the SNP would win 58/59 seats. All recent polls for the Holyrood Election show the SNP polling around 55% and on course to win a majority of seats.

Oh, and of course the last 15 polls on the subject have shown a clear and rising majority in favour of independence. I imagine with Brexit looming that majority will increase.

Fortunately the Scottish population are having the veil lifted from their eyes and seeing for themselves just how bad this Union is. Most of the folk I speak to are absolutely delighted to live north of the border and to have a parliament that protects them from many (but sadly, not all) of the worst excesses of Westminster.

Hello again Corky!

Hi Fulmar. It's nice to be back.

Corky.......so there is nothing to the ‘stuff’ we read in the Newspapers a d ither media about your Leader, husband and Salmond, and the many women who made false claims. Your replies make it seem all OK. Why did the Women do it?
    Everything is good........Harmony!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 13-Dec-20 at 23:17.

I think enough has been said about bias in the MSM in the UK not to have to go over it all again. I do, however, think it is rather inconsistent of you to rail against CNN and its anti-GOP/Trump stance yet you expect us to swallow the anti-SNP/Indy rhetoric of the vast bulk of the MSM over here.
    As for the rest of your post I made no comment whatsoever on those issues.