Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: It's BORIS branding

Default It's BORIS branding

Well the colonists are at it again, BORIS branding . Plantation owners branded people ,BORIS now wants to brand a country with the colonist flag. One step short off a tattoo .

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Well the colonists are at it again, BORIS branding . Plantation owners branded people ,BORIS now wants to brand a country with the colonist flag. One step short off a tattoo .

And, in the end, what has Westminster actually funded for/in Scotland that we haven't been debited for, to add to our supposed "budget defict", or contributed to, via our "share" of Westminster's Debt Interest?

I wish Westminster would send funding for tracking down and banning sock puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I wish Westminster would send funding for tracking down and banning sock puppets.
    everyone should be wary of colonist Westminster worshippers masquerading as Unionists. Maybe you could go south and pick it up in person.

Sock puppets, orkneycadian?

Would that be something on the same lines as you and The Horseman leapfrogging each other, (or you responding to yourself), on thread after thread, proclaiming SNP bad/union good in an endless variety of ways...without one iota of fact to explain, with examples and figures, why you think this union gives Scotland anything it can't achieve on its own?

This is not new. Union-jackerry has and is currently being used by the Government in England to undermine the independence movement. Much of what is going on is just dog-whistle stuff to try to bolster the sagging spirits of people such as Orkneycadian. However, the proliferation of Scottish goods in supermarkets that have been re-branded with a UJ is evidence of more a substantive agenda. Dairy produce, soft fruits, meats and cereals-based products are just a few of those already subject to this tactic. Whisky and fish are also in their gunsight as the English government attempts to secure a UK single market for future trade deals. It will not be too long before whisky and salmon are re-branded as British.

Such attempts to remove "Scottishness" have been tried (and have failed) in the past. Everything from banning tartan to insisting HM Queen is known as QEII when she is only QEI in Scotland. It's a drip, drip process designed to reduce our sense of uniqueness. Clearly, it works to some extent given the number of anglicised Scots who inhabit this forum. Increasingly, however, people are seeing through it and are moving towards independence as the only way forward. Feel free to join us. It's a wonderful feeling knowing you will be judged to have been on the right side of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Sock puppets, orkneycadian?

Would that be something on the same lines as you and The Horseman leapfrogging each other, (or you responding to yourself), on thread after thread
    Much as I liked, and was quite good at, leapfrog when I was at the school, alas, it will not get me back and fore across the pond (frog pun intended) from Orkney where I live, to Canada where I understand The Horseman lives. It would be good if it could though. And unlike The Horseman, I don't think I have ever travelled from Caithness to a dance in Dingwall or Elgin or wherever, over the Struie. We did sometimes come over for the Caithness show though, and there have been a few nights of ill repute on some of the Friday and Saturday nights there.

And while Horseman does talk a lot of sense, he has a writing style that I doubt I could ever master!

Anyway, what happened to me being on your ignore list, as you said in a thread some time ago?

Too funny.
    Was just chatting with Dc1 about the ‘Olde days’...of the fun we had.
    Why can’t U2.....Corky and OddQ, have a bit of ‘merriment’! Too Olde or Too Young?
    Perhaps u have never made your way South to The Famous Dances!
    Leave middle East Coast Caithness, and travel South with a Refreshment stop in Brora, then Ardgay, and thru Spinningdale you slowed down in case James Robertson JUSTICE, and The Duke of Edinburgh were walking their Dowgies in the A9!
    We had no worries of INDYREF and those ‘strange thingies’. We just lived our lives to the fullest...to go over the Struie in the dead of Winter was The Supreme Challenge, and then to fight a Duel on the way home against Barrogill Angus in His Lotus Cortina, was the ‘epitome’ of a successful week!
    There is a well known phrase that sums it all up!
    BEEN THERE...DONE THAT!
    Regards....
    Last edited by The Horseman; 18-Aug-20 at 09:12.

Some folk say that Boris was spotted at the Forth rail bridge and Edinburgh castle doing a Banksy with a stencil and some spray cans . Nice wee colonists flags ,just in case things don't go his way . This morning they found a banksy styled piece of art with BJ wrapped in a wee Union Jack towel staring into the black hole of Doom .

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Some folk say that Boris was spotted at the Forth rail bridge and Edinburgh castle doing a Banksy with a stencil and some spray cans . Nice wee colonists flags ,just in case things don't go his way . This morning they found a banksy styled piece of art with BJ wrapped in a wee Union Jack towel staring into the black hole of Doom .
    We are all staring into the black hole of doom thanks to BJ and his pals. Fortunately, those of us who live in Scotland will get another opportunity to escape the madness and re-join the real world sometime soon.

Sound like the ‘Last cry‘ before Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    This is not new. Union-jackerry has and is currently being used by the Government in England to undermine the independence movement. Much of what is going on is just dog-whistle stuff to try to bolster the sagging spirits of people such as Orkneycadian. However, the proliferation of Scottish goods in supermarkets that have been re-branded with a UJ is evidence of more a substantive agenda. Dairy produce, soft fruits, meats and cereals-based products are just a few of those already subject to this tactic. Whisky and fish are also in their gunsight as the English government attempts to secure a UK single market for future trade deals. It will not be too long before whisky and salmon are re-branded as British.

Such attempts to remove "Scottishness" have been tried (and have failed) in the past. Everything from banning tartan to insisting HM Queen is known as QEII when she is only QEI in Scotland. It's a drip, drip process designed to reduce our sense of uniqueness. Clearly, it works to some extent given the number of anglicised Scots who inhabit this forum. Increasingly, however, people are seeing through it and are moving towards independence as the only way forward. Feel free to join us. It's a wonderful feeling knowing you will be judged to have been on the right side of history.

Seems a bit ironic that the best Boris can come up with now to "save the Union" mirrors exactly the actions of the EU, with their EU flag branding of EU supported infrastructure spending in the UK, given we know how much that didn't sway the Brexit vote in England and Wales in 2016, even in areas which had benefitted from EU monetary input.

Why does he think the idea would work for him when it didn't for the EU? Or does he think we in Scotland voted to remain in the EU solely because of continually seeing the EU flagging,, and are therefore open to being brainwashed in the same way again, just by the proliferation of a different flag?
    Last edited by Oddquine; 20-Aug-20 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Or does he think we in Scotland voted to remain in the EU solely because of continually seeing the EU flagging
    It's certainly one of the factors that helped me decide how to vote. The EU has been flagging for years. In fact, if it were running a marathon, it's still at the first water station, being given glucose and oxygen with a medic advising it to pull out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    It's certainly one of the factors that helped me decide how to vote. The EU has been flagging for years. In fact, if it were running a marathon, it's still at the first water station, being given glucose and oxygen with a medic advising it to pull out of the race.
    So, you don't like flagging Unions, eh! Join the club.