Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Vigulanties chasing out Fulltime Van Dwellers from Scotland - dissgusting!!

Default Unwanted Vigulanties chasing out Fulltime Van Dwellers from Scotland - dissgusting!!

Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

You do have to feel sorry for these people. We have a lady van 'dweller' near us. Police did visit her on Sunday (think someone reported van on the cliff) Police happy and have left her there.

If councils are housing the homeless for the duration of this pandemic, maybe they could open one site in each council area and ask police to direct van dwellers to it. Can't think there are that many that they can't park far enough apart to be an issue.

[QUOTE=dx100uk;1191327]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0cAiSQ5NsQ&t=134s

I don't think this guys attitude and language would ‘endear’ him to anyone!

BTW...I know what I, and likely others find Disgusting!

Not seeing any evidence of vigilantism in the video linked.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Not seeing any evidence of vigilantism in the video linked.
    Naaaaa.. just some foulmouthed ........?

because of unwanted attention to the person that started the campaign against the group ...the first video is now removed and replaced by an edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaRx2zuuPs&t=53s

as for Jonah and his language ...you live in Scotland and don't hear it already in every otherword from our fellow natives??
    Last edited by dx100uk; 29-Mar-20 at 03:35.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    because of unwanted attention to the person that started the campaign against the group ...the first video is now removed and replaced by an edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaRx2zuuPs&t=53s

as for Jonah and his language ...you live in Scotland and don't hear it already in every otherword from our fellow natives??
    I can assure you that is not NORMAL language spoken by any CIVILIZED person. A few swear words yes.....

In addition........What person in their right mind’ would record such an obscene message, and then post it. A sad Society! I am not a ‘prude’. I know The North of Scotland.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 29-Mar-20 at 13:51.

They never mentioned if they had the landowners permission for their camp set up and to dig in vegetables and their human waste to the ground.
    You may have a right to roam in Scotland but not to set up makeshift campsites and damage ground.

Doesn’t excuse an online trolling campaign though but I’d stop short of calling this a vigilante group.

I see that Jonah 365 has another YouTube video called "Had a row in Lidl",

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxU-cIvoNLo

Is that the Thurso Lidl car park that he is in?

The video would have been considerably shorter if all the instances of the"f word" were taken out. But I think most of us would be against people being hostile towards the man because he has an English accent.

That is Thurso Lidl. You hear as many English (lots of Yorkshire) accents as local ones. NEVER seen or heard any racist comments EVER. I think it may be the chaps very offensive language that is the problem. If I heard him talking like that near women or children I would say something, and no doubt he would make a 'everyone hates me video'.

I did have some sympathy for his plight, but the more videos I see, the more I dislike the chap and his 'I'm a victim mentality'.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    That is Thurso Lidl. You hear as many English (lots of Yorkshire) accents as local ones. NEVER seen or heard any racist comments EVER. I think it may be the chaps very offensive language that is the problem. If I heard him talking like that near women or children I would say something, and no doubt he would make a 'everyone hates me video'.

I did have some sympathy for his plight, but the more videos I see, the more I dislike the chap and his 'I'm a victim mentality'.
    Agree entirely (now there's a novelty).

He is not doing himself or the visitors from the South any favours with that post.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

No not really.
    My language is a colourful as the next mans but by heck he can swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    He is not doing himself or the visitors from the South any favours with that post.
    Well said.....who would ever believe him!
    He has def got probs!

I heard him state that he had been up here 5 years, fair enough.
    If you look at his videos he was south of the wall around a month ago.

His van is his home, he travels all over the place, thinks he can do anything he chooses, he is an arrogant foul mouthed attention seeker - keep out of his way.
    By showing his videos he is making money and at the moment he will be discouraging visitors from visiting up north - but folk who know the highlanders will know that his language and behaviour are not acceptable in the Highlands or anywhere else.
    Will try to check in with an old friend from Thurso who spent many years working in this persons supposed field and with the same group he says he says he worked with - my old friend and many other I have met from that regiment certainly do not spout the foul mouth rubbish this man does. I reckon he is a "walter mitty"
    Last edited by pat; 30-Mar-20 at 12:27. Reason: spelling

Agreed wholeheartedly Pat and others.
    Lets try and get him off his ‘soapbox’!
    I have complained to YouTube with respect to his language.
    As George Carlin used to say, there were 7 words you must never say on television, and he has used nearly every one in a sentence!
    Hopefully, collectively, we can take away his platform!

are you ok with these nomads moving around the country in these times?
    W.A.T.P.

I think this corona thing has us ALL a little tetchy. I moved from Liverpool to Shebster 20 years ago for a while and I couldn't have received a warmer welcome. I treated the locals how I would like to be treated. I respected their customs & way of life and I had zero problems. I think half of this guys problem is his attitude.

This man has a house in Lybster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast