Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BBC...

Default The BBC...

I find it astounding, that the BBC continually ‘re prints’ the extremely biased opinions/comments of CNN.
    A few days ago they had 15 excerpts taken from CNN!
    Are they ‘short staffed’, or is it a Pro Liberal platform!
    Thots.......

If you follow comments on twitter regarding the BBC you will know that is has lost a lot of respect in the area of news and current affairs programmes.

The Left claim the BBC is Tory biased, the Conservative twitter accounts claim that the BBC is left wing or has Marxist leanings.

Personally I have stopped watching many of the current affairs programmes such as Andrew Marr and Question time - they are in my opinion left wing and biased, to the detriment of the BBC service.

The news - well lets say we now watch France 24 https://www.france24.com/en/ and https://www.aljazeera.com/ for news that does not just slate the current UK Government.

In regard to BBC Scotland - I better not say anything or I may upset people.

I for one can't wait for the BBC Licence fee to be removed.

I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !

It's now impossible to get your news from a single source due to rampant bias. You need to pull in multiple sources and form your own opinion based on what you see. It's worth getting in news from sources such as RT and Al Jazeera as well, as that often shows up UK sources as being very biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Headwark View Post
    I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !
    Thanks Headward, I really do wish I was wrong as I am of an age when the BBC was a truly trusted source of news.

Must admit I do not watch much television (about two hours a week), one hour of which is often Antiques Roadshow.

Have got so tired of the extreme bias of BBC I have cancelled my direct debit for television licence and will forego my usual Sunday evening programme.

I have paid 6 months ahead on television licence due to paying monthly, the TV Licencing Authority immediately got in contact to question why I was cancelling, not exactly threatening but along those lines.

If the BBC wish to take a person over retirement age to court that's ok with me.

I will not be watching their programmes as I do not consider they are unbiased or fair and from what I have viewed not worth the amount of money collected each year by the TV Licencing Authority.

I know that my television is capable of receiving BBC channels and am liable for television licence - does anyone know how I can get access to those channels blocked on my television please so I do not get prosecuted?

Hi Pat, sadly at the moment if you want to watch STV, Channel 4 or any station on a TV you need a Licence. While many people have stopped paying it does leave them open to prosecution if you own a TV - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

There is talk that non-payment will be decriminalised, although this is not yet agreed. However the BBC will still be able to make a claim against people who have a TV, or watch BBC content via broadband, it simply means that you would no longer be given a criminal record or potentially end up in jail. The real answer is that the BBC need license fee needs to be removed completely and replayed with a paid-subscription service such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. This subscription system could possibly earn the BBC more money as the content could then be made available Worldwide. The downside for the BBC is that they would then need to make content people were "willing" to pay for.

At the moment it is probably simpler and easier to pay this tax and let your MP know that you are not happy with the current licence fee legislation.

As well as their own liberal agenda, the BBC need to scrap their license fee. I know this isnt to everyone's/anyone's taste but have you heard about the way the BBC's John Sweeny tried to bribe people to tell lies about Tommy Robinson? Theres a video on YouTube called Panodrama. I don't agree with Robinson, but they way the BBC were exposed by this made me laugh for ages, as well as question what else the BBC are lying about. Not going to link the video here, but just put the word in the youtube search bar.

Link set as my Homepage

Today on reading the BBC Website, it was highlighting the American situation!
    On CNN ...your most Untrustworthy News Outlet, it was profiling ‘The Anti Prez Trump’ message, in addition to the UK beaches being packed with Covid ‘exchangers’!
    Each one making the other’s Country seem worse....Is this Objective News......so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Today on reading the BBC Website, it was highlighting the American situation!
    On CNN ...your most Untrustworthy News Outlet, it was profiling ‘The Anti Prez Trump’ message, in addition to the UK beaches being packed with Covid ‘exchangers’!
    Each one making the other’s Country seem worse....Is this Objective News......so sad.
    Well, some of us have been attempting to convince you for ages that the BBC is not objective. At least now you are seeing it for yourself.
    Last edited by Corky Smeek; 26-Jun-20 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by richardj View Post
    Hi Pat, sadly at the moment if you want to watch STV, Channel 4 or any station on a TV you need a Licence. While many people have stopped paying it does leave them open to prosecution if you own a TV - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one
    The way I read your link, it only applies to live TV and live streams and iPlayer, not the TV set's capabilities or for downloads after live broadcasts. Enjoy your ITV repeats and Netflix!

We don’t have Licences here.
    What do they cost......I have forgotten.. Tks

Just checked Horseman,
    in May I paid £13.20 so that times 12 totals £158.40 for you to watch BBC as all other channels are free

I wish the BBC would do 'special free offers' like Amazon prime, Netflix, and others do. I completly rinsed out Netflix and Prime on free offers at the begining of lock-down. Now I've seen all I want, there is no need to pay membership to watch what I have already viewed for free. There is no new content worth a jot, so tha's my telly until xmas....maybe. As for news coverage, I remain a well informed adult by way of a weekly copy of the 'Groats Journal (on-line for free).

Can’t u get the BBC ‘on line’?

If you watch it on line you still have to legally pay their licence fee, you tick a declaration that you have a television licence to enable you to proceed to watch BBC on line.
    You do not sign the same declaration for other channels, only that you abide by fair use etc.

Wow. I didn't realize that it was so expensive......and restrictive.
    Do they have commercial messages?

There used to be a blog just called BBC Bias but it seems to have disappeared. However putting just that in your search engine produces masses of links yet OFCOM does nothing. Denies there is a problem. No point complaining to the Beeb - complete waste of time unless you're a big name or organisation. My issue, like many others, is over their obsession with climate change. Their policy was set many years ago by a "green" committee and for a long time now they have allowed no-one on air who dares to disagree. Those who did in the past were permanently banned. It seems to be a requirement that it is mentioned in almost any context, however unlikely. They should allow balanced debate on everything - politics and all - but they don't. I resent paying the licence fee and haven't for a while due to age but looks as if I will have to again.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Agree with you badger - BBC are completely biased and blinkered - if it does not fit with their views it is banned or the person not shown on BBC.

Horseman - the BBC is supposed to be advert free - which is why you are meant to pay the BBC licence fee, for them to pay themselves high salaries and pay for the programmes they produce, doesn't matter if you watch their programmes or only watch all the commercial channels you still have to pay the BBC licence fees as your television set is capable of receiving BBC.
    If it was pay to view I do not think many folk would be viewing BBC, most folk accept they pay a television licence but do not realise ALL of that money funds the BBC only, for them to decide what views we should hold and what slots we should fit, their censorship and very biased reporting is frightening.

Yes.....and the BBC I see on ‘The Net’ is just Copy and Paste CNN......and it is also Unreliable News.
    But they get away with it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast