Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The BBC...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The BBC...

I find it astounding, that the BBC continually ‘re prints’ the extremely biased opinions/comments of CNN.
    A few days ago they had 15 excerpts taken from CNN!
    Are they ‘short staffed’, or is it a Pro Liberal platform!
    Thots.......

If you follow comments on twitter regarding the BBC you will know that is has lost a lot of respect in the area of news and current affairs programmes.

The Left claim the BBC is Tory biased, the Conservative twitter accounts claim that the BBC is left wing or has Marxist leanings.

Personally I have stopped watching many of the current affairs programmes such as Andrew Marr and Question time - they are in my opinion left wing and biased, to the detriment of the BBC service.

The news - well lets say we now watch France 24 https://www.france24.com/en/ and https://www.aljazeera.com/ for news that does not just slate the current UK Government.

In regard to BBC Scotland - I better not say anything or I may upset people.

I for one can't wait for the BBC Licence fee to be removed.

I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !

Quote Originally Posted by Headwark View Post
    I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !
    Thanks Headward, I really do wish I was wrong as I am of an age when the BBC was a truly trusted source of news.

Must admit I do not watch much television (about two hours a week), one hour of which is often Antiques Roadshow.

Have got so tired of the extreme bias of BBC I have cancelled my direct debit for television licence and will forego my usual Sunday evening programme.

I have paid 6 months ahead on television licence due to paying monthly, the TV Licencing Authority immediately got in contact to question why I was cancelling, not exactly threatening but along those lines.

If the BBC wish to take a person over retirement age to court that's ok with me.

I will not be watching their programmes as I do not consider they are unbiased or fair and from what I have viewed not worth the amount of money collected each year by the TV Licencing Authority.

I know that my television is capable of receiving BBC channels and am liable for television licence - does anyone know how I can get access to those channels blocked on my television please so I do not get prosecuted?

Hi Pat, sadly at the moment if you want to watch STV, Channel 4 or any station on a TV you need a Licence. While many people have stopped paying it does leave them open to prosecution if you own a TV - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

There is talk that non-payment will be decriminalised, although this is not yet agreed. However the BBC will still be able to make a claim against people who have a TV, or watch BBC content via broadband, it simply means that you would no longer be given a criminal record or potentially end up in jail. The real answer is that the BBC need license fee needs to be removed completely and replayed with a paid-subscription service such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. This subscription system could possibly earn the BBC more money as the content could then be made available Worldwide. The downside for the BBC is that they would then need to make content people were "willing" to pay for.

At the moment it is probably simpler and easier to pay this tax and let your MP know that you are not happy with the current licence fee legislation.

It's now impossible to get your news from a single source due to rampant bias. You need to pull in multiple sources and form your own opinion based on what you see. It's worth getting in news from sources such as RT and Al Jazeera as well, as that often shows up UK sources as being very biased.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I find it astounding, that the BBC continually ‘re prints’ the extremely biased opinions/comments of CNN.
    A few days ago they had 15 excerpts taken from CNN!
    Are they ‘short staffed’, or is it a Pro Liberal platform!
    Thots.......
    isn't a pro liberal platform a good thing?

BBC today has 6 (six) Canadian stories on line. All are extremely Negative.
    One is Fake News....I live here!

To those who watch CNN. It is not an Objective News Source!
    It is controlled by the Democratic Party...as u say... The Liberals, solely to defeat the Republican (Conservatives).

Alrock.....U must believe in The Truth and objectivity! Surely!

I don't care who is in power in the US... Open ur ‘hoolies’!

Another Anti-Prez Trump day on my version of The BBC.
    Unbelievable how they Copy CNN.... what a sad way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Another Anti-Prez Trump day on my version of The BBC.
    Unbelievable how they Copy CNN.... what a sad way to go!

Try watching other TV (except US right wing conservative media, eg. Fox) & you'll see that is not just CNN & BBC reporting the actual news. It's not their fault that Trump gives them so much material to work with, like his latest, retweeting a Nigerian doctor claiming that she can cure Covid-19, the same doctor who believes in things like demons sleeping with women in their sleep causing illness etc.

Who is Dr. Stella Immanuel?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

[QUOTE=Alrock;1193696]Try watching other TV (except US right wing conservative media, eg. Fox) & you'll see that is not just CNN & BBC reporting the actual news. It's not their fault that Trump gives them so much material to work with, like his latest, retweeting a Nigerian doctor claiming that she can cure Covid-19, the same doctor who believes in things like demons sleeping with women in their sleep causing illness etc.

********CNN is a paid entity by the Democratic Party. Liberal Fake News!
    Gosh, U Cannot be from Kaitness!.............
    Last edited by The Horseman; 29-Jul-20 at 18:17.