Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Music Scene In Wick

Default Music Scene In Wick

I just wish that Wick could get some decent bands to play here, Thurso seems to manage to get some to play at their night club there, so why cant we.
    Does anybody else feel like this and would like to see popular bands play gigs in Wick.
    We have had Del Amitre, Runrig even Echo and the Bunnymen play up here but that was donkeys ago.

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    I just wish that Wick could get some decent bands to play here, Thurso seems to manage to get some to play at their night club there, so why cant we.
    Does anybody else feel like this and would like to see popular bands play gigs in Wick.
    We have had Del Amitre, Runrig even Echo and the Bunnymen play up here but that was donkeys ago.
    Pretty easy really, you get a venue, contact the agent, see if you can afford them, and............if you book them, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Pretty easy really, you get a venue, contact the agent, see if you can afford them, and............if you book them, they will come.
    You could call it um.... erm.... uh.... WICKSTOCK!

the last big band i remember coming up to Wick was the proclaimers about 5 years ago to the Assembly Rooms

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post

the last big band i remember coming up to Wick was the proclaimers about 5 years ago to the Assembly Rooms
    and they...................packed the place

indeed Catnip you could probaboly do this yourself. As BM said. Find venue, contact agent, land on an act with a name & indeed a price you can afford to pay them. Advertise it well & hope for the best......it all comes down to Joe Paying Public to make it worth while....

or WICK AID

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    or WICK AID
    hmmm i can imagine a christmas no.1 in the making

"Feed the Wiiiiicker! Don't they know its Giro Pay-Day?"

NB I am just pulling wick folks legs!

It's quite possible that they'll be pulling your legs off

hmmm i can imagine a christmas no.1 in the making

"Feed the Wiiiiicker! Don't they know its Giro Pay-Day?"

NB I am just pulling wick folks legs!
    I think the official words are do they know its Giro day in Pulteney Town.

I'm just kidding e weekers too

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    It's quite possible that they'll be pulling your legs off
    dinna be sayin that min! I'll have no using for ma pedal board then!

A bitty o` advice, Ye Thirsa lot better ease up on `e Poltney jokes if ye value yer hub ceps.

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn View Post
    A bitty o` advice, Ye Thirsa lot better ease up on `e Poltney jokes if ye value yer hub ceps.
    I think Rims is the more appropriate term these days :P

An you're no getting mine I'm a Thirsa exile, you need to sort out that Moncur he started it all.

PS some of my best friends are from Wick

No worries Jeemag. Ye canna beat a bit o` cross county banter though, eh?

Think ah`ll leave moncurs hub cepps alone an` mebbe empty `e coal oot o` he`s bunker instead.

PS fit nicht`s washin` nicht in Thirsa. Ah could do wee a new pair o` jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn View Post
    No worries Jeemag. Ye canna beat a bit o` cross county banter though, eh?

Think ah`ll leave moncurs hub cepps alone an` mebbe empty `e coal oot o` he`s bunker instead.

PS fit nicht`s washin` nicht in Thirsa. Ah could do wee a new pair o` jeans.
    lol lovin it! erm dont think my wheel trims are worth nickin in all honesty! plus the coal bunker at the back of ma hoose is empty already! AND im an odd shaped person so doubt ma clothes would fit anyone! lol

Default Organise it myself

Hey guys I reckon I coul do this. organise a festival for wick, but I would need people to back me up. you got to take health and safety into account for everything these days, of course it would have to be a licensed event and with no under agers comming in and throwing up everywhere or peeping cause the boyfriend dumped them !!!!!!!

Some one was on about wick aid. I remember years ago up at the hangers they held a wick aid gig there, it was really good and they had a bar there as well.
    Lets get the thinking caps on guys and try to get something organised, we could do it for charity !!!

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    Hey guys I reckon I coul do this. organise a festival for wick, but I would need people to back me up. you got to take health and safety into account for everything these days, of course it would have to be a licensed event and with no under agers comming in and throwing up everywhere or peeping cause the boyfriend dumped them !!!!!!!

Some one was on about wick aid. I remember years ago up at the hangers they held a wick aid gig there, it was really good and they had a bar there as well.
    Lets get the thinking caps on guys and try to get something organised, we could do it for charity !!!
    Good luck, I hope all goes well. Theres always a good selection of bands to pick from up here who usually do this thing quite happily for free because its going to charity.

Have you organised gigs before? Do you play in any bands etc

I have just started guitar lessons, I only want to be able to play "Smelly Cat"
    I have organised floats for past galas I know band people too, I think it would be a good idea.
    It has really got me thinking now. But a lot of it is not what you know it is Who you know.