Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: One Law For.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boris says he won't throw Cummings to the dogs...

Have to say I agree... He should be thrown under a Bendy Bus.

Apparently he was just following his instincts which is OK.
    So.. if my instinct was to punch somebody in the face is that OK?
    Last edited by Alrock; 24-May-20 at 17:39.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Compared to the shenanigans going on between Orkney and the Black Isle (which of course passes through Caithness), Mr Cummings' actions look quite benign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-52753322

Coronavirus: NHS Orkney executive criticised over weekend home travel

But to quote from the article;

"The Scottish government said his role was "pivotal", and that he was allowed to travel when not working."

Why then is the Scottish Government saying that a non clinical, administrative worker who could work from home, can freely travel to see his family at weekends (he is provided with accommodation on Orkney), but yet bay for Dominic Cummings' blood for going to self isolate in a detached building near his parents farm? A mystery to me.

Just about fell off my chair laughing at the 12 o clock news on Radio 2. Nicola Sturgeon saying that Boris Johnson should consider his position on defending Dominic Cummings.

Meanwhile, Nicola, and her "government" are standing by their position in defending Iain Stewart for making 8 or 9 un-necessary return trips from Orkney to the Black Isle during the lock down. Maybe she should consider her position - Full stop?

You really couldn't make it up. If she continues this hypocrisy, she really is going to have to go back to being "Wee Krankie" (Sorry Fulmar), but she really is making a right meal of this, and is arguably cranky. She should be arranging Iain Stewarts resignation, for putting the lives of Orcadians at risk. An interview on Radio Orkney last week with the Chair of NHS Orkney on Radio Orkney over the matter, and the full front page article in last weeks Orcadian are all mightily concerning. One in particular went something like;

Mr Stewart - "Its reasonable for people like me to be able to travel to see our families at the weekend for our mental well being"
    Journalist - "Is it therefore reasonable for members of the public to travel to see their families at the weekend for their mental well being?"
    Mr Stewart - "Let's not turn this into a silly press thing"
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 25-May-20 at 12:20.

Seems Mr Stewart didn't last long at NHS Highland......

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,n...utive_9714.htm

Some real entertainment here.....

https://www.mixcloud.com/radioorkney...22nd-may-2020/

Sorry, there is no timer on the stream where I can direct you to the start of the interesting stuff, but the interview starts at about 1/4 of the way in.

Less than 18 months ago, Iain Stewart pledged World Class Health and Social Care for the NHS Highland area.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...vice-in-north/

New NHS Highland chief Iain Stewart pledges 'world-class' health service in north

Can I ask the good folkies of Caithness, if they feel they now have a world class health service? Feel free to base your answer on before or during coronavirus, though with the P&J reporting his move from Highland to Orkney on the 24th of January, he must have reckoned to have completed his delivery before he left. I guess that's why our SNP led government stand by him in the current scandal over all his trips up and down the A9. He must be a cracking chief if he has delivered World Class healthcare in Caithness and the rest of the region, in a mere 12 months.

So Caithness folks, do tell us about your world class healthcare. Is it world class? Is it 3rd world class?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Less than 18 months ago, Iain Stewart pledged World Class Health and Social Care for the NHS Highland area.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...vice-in-north/

New NHS Highland chief Iain Stewart pledges 'world-class' health service in north

Can I ask the good folkies of Caithness, if they feel they now have a world class health service? Feel free to base your answer on before or during coronavirus, though with the P&J reporting his move from Highland to Orkney on the 24th of January, he must have reckoned to have completed his delivery before he left. I guess that's why our SNP led government stand by him in the current scandal over all his trips up and down the A9. He must be a cracking chief if he has delivered World Class healthcare in Caithness and the rest of the region, in a mere 12 months.

So Caithness folks, do tell us about your world class healthcare. Is it world class? Is it 3rd world class?
    Translation:- "I think the NHS in Scotland is s**t and I'm going to rejoice in every perceived failure, however small or imagined, and tell everyone about it. In particular, I am going to tell the NHS staff who have been working their ars*s off for the last few months trying to keep us all safe and healthy that I think there efforts are and were third class.".

You probably won't read this but I sincerely hope that someone else tells you what shameful human being you are and requests that you retract your last post.