Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mystery spots

Default Mystery spots

I found one of my windows covered in spots yesterday which could not have been there long and look as if they all came at once. Only on one window and doesn't look like birds, too small and spread out, but can't think what insects would do this. Mystified. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window spots.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	35226  
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

My completely uneducated guess would be Starlings, I’m sure I’ve endured the same target practice shortly after washing the car.

Thanks. I certainly have plenty of them including one family at the top of the chimney (I don't have a fire!). Just couldn't work out how the spots were so small and spread out. Weird but quite artistic I suppose if you like that sort of thing.

We also had some in our unused chimney, unfortunately it didn’t end well for them, the poor things got in but couldn’t get out, a bit late but we now have wire mesh over the top of the chimney.

Oh dear, the starlings have developed a taste for the fat balls I put out. The results are all over my windows, especially one - disgusting. Don't their mothers teach them anything?