Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The BBC...

Default The BBC...

Surprising to see that the above is copying the CNN line.
    CNN is a Democratic (Liberal) News Media Outlet in America, and around the World!
    They advertise objective news, but are in the Liberal Pocket and will do ‘anything’ to oust the Current Prez of the United States, and anyone else with a Republican...Conservative philosophy!
    Interesting!

You mean you are only just realising that the BBC is not fair, impartial or neutral! You have been away for a long time.

pffft, here we go again...

They are not copying CNN, but like CNN they report the facts, can't blame them if the facts reflect badly on Trump & his republican lap dogs.

Feel free to keep whatching Fox news though who are most comparable to RT, both of whom are just propaganda machines for their respective Governments (though in Fox's defence they do still have a few serious reporters left that Trump profoundly dislikes).
    Did you notice that when Trump rolled out his video presentation a few weeks ago to point out how the media allegedly downplayed the crisis themselves from the start actually featured mostly clips from Fox News who where just parroting Trumps own line.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

The following is a quote from the current BBC Charter.

"The BBC should bring people together for shared experiences and help contribute to the social cohesion and wellbeing of the United Kingdom.".

The BBC is required by its charter to do this. Given the fact that a substantial part of the Scottish electorate do not wish to be part of the UK this is an overtly political statement. So, tell me how the BBC can fulfil its mission statement:-

"The Mission of the BBC is to act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain.".

In a Scottish context they cannot do both of these things.

Let me put it this way....
    For Months now, when things are going ‘bad in the UK., the BBC reverts to being negative about the USA. One can predict when they are going ‘to take a run at Trump’! An easy target......
    If anyone has followed the Russian Debacle and the Conspiracies to get Prez Trump unelected, the system has shown how corrupt people can be!
    Bloomberg, a Democrat...(Liberal) spent nearly $1 Billion to get Trump, and lost.

Honestly I am disappointed with the BBC...The last Bastion of fair reporting...I thought!

Corky... There is much wrong with the BBC & plenty of room for improvement.
    However this thread was not started to provide a critical analysis of the many faces of the BBC.
    This thread was started as Horseman's attempt to defend Trump for the indefensable way he has conducted himself as the President of the USA.

I’m beginning to think The Horseman is The Donald himself. I can’t think of any other plausible explanation for his increasingly implausible posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Corky... There is much wrong with the BBC & plenty of room for improvement.
    However this thread was not started to provide a critical analysis of the many faces of the BBC.
    This thread was started as Horseman's attempt to defend Trump for the indefensable way he has conducted himself as the President of the USA.
    Well, the thread is entitled, "The BBC".

My interpretation of the original post was it was intended to start a discussion on the increasing politicisation of the media, particularly in the UK and US, but I do see your point.

If he thinks CNN are bad then lord knows what he thinks of the Canadian-born but now US citizen and Late-night show host Samantha Bee. Her YT channel is well worth watching if you like some pretty blunt anti-Trump satire. Viewer discretion is advised however, - some fairly strong language - which is why I haven't provided a link.

Yes I am Scottish absconder and watch BBC......and I see CNN lies on said BBC.
    I am not a Prez Trump defender, but when blatant lies are continually being broadcast, I take issue with the coverage.
    My opinion is that That Great Institution, the BBC is not fulfilling it’s Mandate!
    And I don’t agree with American Law. I prefer the British system, and have advocated that during my tenure with the Canadian Gov’t.
    I even one evening, surreptitiously went to our typing pool, and changed their Word Processors from US English to UK English! Not my finest moment but it did bring change!
    It would appear on here, when you don't agree with Certain people one becomes A Traitor! Huh?
    And as an ‘Exile’, I am on a BBC advisory group but who listens!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    ..It would appear on here, when you don't agree with Certain people one becomes A Traitor!..
    Don't know about here but I do know that Donald Trump loves to label people traitors if they critisise him. & you don't need to take CNN's word for it, just read his own Twitter feed.

He is just playing a game for the ‘Red Necks’!
    And this two words are Not Derogatory, nor Racist!

BTW..Prez Trump wouldn’t put on the Mask at the Auto Factory, as he is an ‘Astute’ Politician.
    Many in America don’t want Masks.....just the game of Politica!