Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullet dodged

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    As a free country, we will be able to pick and choose what we want to do
    I guess in the good old days when you were at school and got a "proper" education they didn't cover irony in the curriculum. Quite breathtaking hypocrisy even by your standards.

OddQ.
    You mentioned something about the American Health Care System.
    Stay away from that Monstrosity!
    Pick Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    OddQ.
    You mentioned something about the American Health Care System.
    Stay away from that Monstrosity!
    Pick Canada!

& only getting worse under Trump.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    & only getting worse under Trump.
    U mean Obama Care......
    Cheeze Wizzzzzz. Too much CNN.
    I worked for a bit with the Major Media. Untrustworthy!
    I mentioned in another Post...Yes, Trump is playing Politics.
    He is Reaching out to Red Neck America. That is why he didn’t wear a Mask at the Automotive appearance a few days ago.
    Ya gotta get ur facts (RICHT).

Whilst we definitely dodged a bullet in 2014, its looking more and more like we got caught in a hail of them in 2016. Scotland's unemployment rate is now the worst of all the UK nations, and even the UK itself, thanks to the policies of Wee Krankie in Holywood

Sorry Fulmar, but she has really demonstrated her Krankiness this last few months and deserves the title. The people of Scotland are getting fed up of her playing games with our economy, just to try and make a point with Westminster. If Boris says something is White, Krankie has to say its Black. The rest of the UK is starting to recover, whilst Scotland is still driving itself into the gutter.

No doubt the SNP spin machine will try to blame Westminster for the state Scotland got itself into, but too many folk are able to see through that now.

@ Orkneycadian. More utter bollo*ks from the Daily Mail's man in the north.

"....too many folk are able to see through that now.". Yes they are seeing through all the lies and deception only they emanate from Westminster. That is why support for Independence is on the rise as opinion poll after opinion poll has shown and the SNP are on course to win big at the next Holyrood election.

I see that the misogyny is back. If you can't win by reason and argument then just play dirty seems to be order of the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    @ Orkneycadian. More utter bollo*ks from the Daily Mail's man in the north.

"....too many folk are able to see through that now.". Yes they are seeing through all the lies and deception only they emanate from Westminster. That is why support for Independence is on the rise as opinion poll after opinion poll has shown and the SNP are on course to win big at the next Holyrood election.

I see that the misogyny is back. If you can't win by reason and argument then just play dirty seems to be order of the day!!
    Where pray tell me, do u see Misogyny?

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Where pray tell me, do u see Misogyny?
    Misogyny? Where??

Misogyny? Where??
    Corky said u said!! Ahhhhhhh

Ahh, righto. Fortunately, I don't see any of the drivel spouted by Corky Smeek, which is a right blessing. But I gather that he or she likes to pin anything that differs from his or her views as misogynistic, racist, ageist, homophobic, xenophobic, and any other ist or obics you care to mention in a vain attempt to portray such views as completely unacceptable. Heavens knows what he / she thinks of Janey Godley's parodies of Nicola Sturgeons daily briefings (I would post an example link on here but they usually contain some sweary words, so you'll just have to Google them yourselves), but apparently Nicola herself is quite flattered by them.

Isn't it remarkable how many people who are quite clearly "....ists" or "....obics" deny the fact. They appear unable to recognise a pattern in their behaviour and utterances that the rest of us can see as plain as day.

One ill-judged comment does not necessarily make you an "....ist" or an "....obic" but an orchestrated campaign over a sustained period which is designed to demean and diminish, either an individual or group, does. The relentlessness of it reveals the true character of the person concerned. They invariably seek to hide behind the, "some of my best friends are..." defence whilst conveniently forgetting the long list of examples which precede it and which reveal the true pattern of belief.

I've now lost count of the number of times I have seen correspondents on here express their dismay at the views of one particular member. Despite that he continues to bombard us with his vile diatribes whilst simultaneously maintaining that he represents the mainstream view. Well he doesn't.

Scotland aspires to be an open and inclusive society which offers equal opportunity to all. "....ists" and "....obics" should be examining their consciences and wondering if their beliefs systems might be in need of a radical overhaul.

Heavens knows what he / she thinks of Janey Godley's parodies of Nicola Sturgeons daily briefings (I would post an example link on here but they usually contain some sweary words, so you'll just have to Google them yourselves), but apparently Nicola herself is quite flattered by them.
    Just been watching some of the more recent Janey Godley briefings. I would love to quote some of the hilarious lines, especially from the one 3 days ago regards border controls and chamomile tea, but would inevitably be banned! Suffice to say that Janey does a hilarious job of portraying Nicola as extremely foul mouthed. After the tirade against Boris Johnson, Nicola is portrayed to say "I swear to ****, am gonna need a chamomile tea....." Its hilarious. But I guess Corky Smeek will need more than tea if he or she dared watch it, and heavens knows what kind of ist or obic Janey would be for daring making these videos and putting them on You Tube. I guess Janey must be politicianist or FirstMinisterophobic for wanting to portray her as she does. I guess Janey must also be deemed a Heightist, for always taking a rise (pun intended) from Nicola's high heeled shoes. Fortunately, thats no skin of my nose and I don't get offended for the sake of getting offended. Instead, its a good laugh to watch. I believe Nicola thinks so too, leaving only the snowflakes to get themselves in a tizz.

Someone doesn't seem to understand what satire is.

Oh! and I meant to say Janey Godley is poking fun at what Nicola Sturgeon is saying and doing. That is fair game. Anyone in the public eye can expect to be satirised thus. What is not acceptable is when someone is vilified because of what they are, be that their sex, gender, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, etc.

Yes, but Jane Godley is on Nicola's side, not undermining her and has been on message and I for one think that she is often brilliant and very funny. Nicola approves too, on the whole I think. Glasgow humour at its best but personally would prefer fewer swear words- although think it might lose its punch a bit, I don't know.

Not entirely sure that Nicola's message extends to putting words in the mouth of Thersa May (The Hadrian's Wall episode where she suggests that the National Security Adviser used to collect trolleys outside Tesco). Or suggesting that Thersa May would use the words "You are supposed to be picking people who are right for the job, not your ******* pals"

I guess if a bloke had made that video, then some would suggest it was misogynistic. But since its a woman who made it, then its apparently satire. I guess then that's the same kind of satire that got that Stuart Campbell in so much bother with Kezia Dugdale and David Mundell.

People who are unaware of the nature and extent of misogyny may benefit from watching Australia's most unforgettable TV moment. Even if you are fully aware this is still spellbinding television.

Finances looking sound for Scexit. Deficit only 15.1 billion and just 2 billion more than last year. And these numbers mostly outside the Conoravirus period.

What could possibly go wrong?

surely with figures like that, wee Jimmy needs to just give it a rest
    W.A.T.P.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast