Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullet dodged

Default Bullet dodged

Anyone else think we made the right decision in 2014?

Oil virtually worthless, rather than the $130/barrel SNP figures predicted.

Are you getting bored being in lockdown? I can't think of any other reason to stir up this tripe at the moment.

Just found this mornings news interesting. Also lots of similar comments doing the rounds today, so I thought I would join in.

If you want, you could thank me and everyone else that said 'No' for not living in a financially bankrupt country
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 21-Apr-20 at 15:51.

Here is a link to the story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52367052 And the top rated comment Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	60 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	35218

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Just found this mornings news interesting. Also lots of similar comments doing the rounds today, so I thought I would join in.

If you want, you could thank me and everyone else that said 'No' for not living in a financially bankrupt country
    Ok, I'll indulge you for the time being. For the umpteenth time: how come Finland, Ireland, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Cyprus ..... and so on, can all survive with little or no oil resources and far fewer of the other natural resources that Scotland has? These countries are all of similar size, or smaller than Scotland yet all are successful independent countries. I've never had a Unionist provide an explanation for this yet, so let me provide one.

BritNats have so little faith in their own country folk that they'd rather another country's country folk ran their country. It's as simple as that. As I have said many, many times. I have faith in the people of Scotland. It's high time you had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Ok, I'll indulge you for the time being. For the umpteenth time: how come Finland, Ireland, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Cyprus ..... and so on, can all survive with little or no oil resources and far fewer of the other natural resources that Scotland has? These countries are all of similar size, or smaller than Scotland yet all are successful independent countries. I've never had a Unionist provide an explanation for this yet, so let me provide one.

BritNats have so little faith in their own country folk that they'd rather another country's country folk ran their country. It's as simple as that. As I have said many, many times. I have faith in the people of Scotland. It's high time you had too.
    If it was that simple then independence is in the bag....Just need to convince a few as to where all the wealth is going to come from...Not interested in other countries, just this one. You can't deny the SNP had built their model on oil being a huge part of the financial jigsaw.

Well, I didn't expect an answer and I didn't get one (again). If you are only interested in this country why are you happy for it to be run by another country?

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Well, I didn't expect an answer and I didn't get one (again). If you are only interested in this country why are you happy for it to be run by another country?
    Because for me, it works well (As it does for many of us).

Because for me, it works well (As it does for many of us).
    So it's true then. Your argument against Scottish independence is not an economic one after all, it's an ethnic one. I realise it is an inconvenient truth for you that there are so many shining examples of small, successful, independent countries around the world. Few of these have the advantages that Scotland has yet seem to make a go of it. Your opposition cannot be based upon economics as these countries all provide ample and continuing proof that small countries can be perfectly viable independent states. This surely leads one to the inevitable conclusion that you do not consider the Scots capable of running their own affairs.

So what is it that you think makes the Scots the only people on earth who need someone else to run their affairs for them? I'd love to hear what you think our deficiencies are. I mean, Scots are credited with inventing the modern world so what has happened to make you lose all faith in us or did you never have any in the first place? Oh, wait a minute, I know. It was the constant drip, drip of unionist propaganda from the State backed-up by an MSM with interests vested in the union. It's bound to have an effect upon those who do not possess sufficient independence of thought to be able to discern that they are being lied to.

Deja vu.

You have said all this before...as have I.

My life is good. I enjoy my life. An independant Scotland would only bring uncertainty. At my age, I'd rather things stayed as they are. Simple really.

Deja vu.

You have said all this before...as have I.

My life is good. I enjoy my life. An independant Scotland would only bring uncertainty. At my age, I'd rather things stayed as they are. Simple really.
    Yep. I suspect we are roughly the same age yet I think independence brings hope, opportunity, adventure and a chance to rid ourselves of our current servile status in this union. I think it's a great shame (and if I am being honest, selfish) that, because you think you are happy and have a good life, that you are prepared to consign generations younger than us to lives devoid of hope when the majority of younger people want Indy.

As you say, they are the next generation and they will get their chance to vote on independance at some time in the future.

Did you find this morning's news just as interesting? It's just that you haven't commented upon it yet. I'm sure you want to take the credit for ensuring that Scotland is still tied to this morally bankrupt and utterly incompetent state. After all, you said you wanted to be congratulated for voting "No" in IndyRef1 and saving us from disaster.

So surely you want to associate yourself with the wonderful work being done to bring "... up to about half of the promised kit." to the UK about 5 days later than planned.

Or what about all the UK-based PPE manufacturers/suppliers who have offered to help but who have been ignored by HMG.

Then of course there is Simon McDonald (Foreign Office) who spilt the beans yesterday about the "political decision" for the UK not to join the EU's PPE procurement scheme and was then forced to sign a retraction to minimise the damage his revelation had caused.

Quite frankly being in this Union is causing people to lose their lives. Thanks "No" voters.

As I have said before and will say again HMG made it clear that it was taking the lead in tackling this pandemic. It has to take the flack when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Please would you stop mis-characterising and misquoting me. I appreciate that you have no arguments of your own but it does you no credit to attribute quotes and assertions to me that I have never uttered. There really is no point in debating things if you are just going to make things up about what you think, I think.

That's the 'bit' you fail to acknowledge
    Whereas you fail to acknowledge anything about the failings of this discredited government.

Enough is enough. It's pointless continuing in this vein as you just sling personal insults around to avoid having to answer difficult questions. I'll let you share this thread with anyone else who wishes to comment.

Every Government in the World, is at this moment of time...Discredited!
    It wouldn’t matter if they got it ‘nearly right’, The Opposition would say they didn't!
    And guess what the Media print. Anything that makes a Contrarian statement.

Sadly this 'Jack' attitude is too prevalent in many sad older people who have no hopes or aspirations of their own and will deny the same to their offspring, if they have any, or any future generations.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

What's sad about any of that?
    The fact that you felt you needed to say it on a public forum!

Sorry, I know I said I'd leave this thread alone but sometimes your blood just boils.

That's the problem with many. They don't like anyone to succeed in life. I've worked flipping hard and make no excuses for being well off!
    Who the h*ll said anything about not wanting people to succeed? Stop making things up.

Leaving for the second time.

Just like to point out I'm never called sad! I have a fantastic wife and two stepsons, who are both doing well in their chosen field. I've achieved everything I want to. I've run out of countries to visit on holiday. I've got a couple of cars and motorbikes sat in the garage, I've got a holiday home in Northern England. I've never needed a mortgage. I've got three VERY good pension funds.

My stepsons will have their houses paid for them when I die, and maybe ever be able to retire early, I managed to retire at 53.

What's sad about any of that?
    You’ve done well for yourself – well done. However just because you’re ‘all right Jack’ doesn’t mean everyone else is comfortable with the status quo. You argue, “An independent Scotland would only bring uncertainty.” There is no more uncertainty than the greater English project currently being run from Westminster.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast