Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boris Johnson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Boris Johnson

Having read that Boris Johnson is now in ICU due to coronavirus, I wish him and everyone else who has this illness, a speedy recovery. I may not particularly like the man or his policies, but I do not wish this illness on anyone, so wish him well.

I have been disgusted by many comments I have read online about his present situation, and am saddened that fellow human beings can sink so low.

I agree, wholeheartedly. Thankfully, I haven't seen the comments. My heart absolutely goes out to everyone affected and their families- it's all so utterly horrendous and beyond words really.

'Borrowed ' from a different platform.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturep.PNG 
Views:	368 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	35209

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Having read that Boris Johnson is now in ICU due to coronavirus, I wish him and everyone else who has this illness, a speedy recovery. I may not particularly like the man or his policies, but I do not wish this illness on anyone, so wish him well.

I have been disgusted by many comments I have read online about his present situation, and am saddened that fellow human beings can sink so low.
    He is suffering the consequences of his actions (or inactions), but not suffering as much as those people who have caught coronavirus and had no access to an ICU bed and a ventilator as a precaution, and died as a result....or suffering as much as the families of the health workers who have died from coronavirus because of the lack of PPE equipment.

I hope he recovers....but I have not one iota of sympathy for him....and would rather smack him than clap him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    He is suffering the consequences of his actions (or inactions), but not suffering as much as those people who have caught coronavirus and had no access to an ICU bed and a ventilator as a precaution, and died as a result....or suffering as much as the families of the health workers who have died from coronavirus because of the lack of PPE equipment.

I hope he recovers....but I have not one iota of sympathy for him....and would rather smack him than clap him.

Oh, please don't read too much into my intentions. My post was never about clapping or patting on the back. I honestly believe he and his team have handled this whole situation appallingly, and continue to do so. Throughout it all, they still put profit and Cronyism above the health, safety and financial security of the people at large, and are still lying to us daily. There is also so much more, quietly going on behind the scenes at the moment, which infuriates me......but that is for another day.

So no, my post was never really about sympathy, I was merely attempting to show that not everyone who detests the Tories wishes his demise.
    Last edited by Shabbychic; 09-Apr-20 at 11:09.

Well, I never thought I would agree with much I heard on the BBC, but watch this.

Emily Maitlis has been my most respected TV journalist/presenter for a long time.

I too wish Boris a speedy recovery, for all the same reasons as Shabbychic and Fulmar.

Have to laugh when folk go on about Nicola and the SNP being cultish...they have nothing on the cult of Boris. It is as irrational as the cult of trump in the USA. I see there is a crowdfunder been set up for £1000 to buy him a pair of Purdey sterling silver duelling cufflinks wirh a personal message saying "thank you". Thank you for exactly WHAT, I wonder...it's certainly not for being a half decent prime minister for the UK?