Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boris Johnson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I think here Politics should be put aside
    That is usually the go-to phrase when someone feels their preferred political system is under threat.

As has been said many times on here this situation requires a political solution. Politicians are deciding the policy; the allocation of funds; the distribution of resources and even the use of the armed forces. This situation could not be any more political if it tried. It's just a shame that the UK currently has a bumper crop of self-interested, incompetent, numbskulls in charge.

The thing that really gets me mad though, is all the distraction activity that is going on; either initiated or encouraged by HMG and all of it draped in a UJ. They have allowed this pandemic to produce what will probably be the single worst socio-economic crisis in all our lifetimes. And yet their crisis management approach seems to be, "We have made a huge mess of everything so let's create a load of smoke and mirrors and maybe people won't notice.". Dunkirk and Blitz spirit references; centenarian veterans having to keep the NHS afloat; good old Boris recovering; and national clapping once a week. Then there is the press going ballistic when the SG proposes a plan (face masks in some public places) which HMG hasn't even thought about yet but which the press spin to be a cheap attempt by NS to embarrass HMG.

As for your assertion that "It's better together!"; don't make me laugh. Being in this Union is costing people their lives. British exceptionalism is costing people their lives and above all sheer incompetence is costing people their lives.

Canada has been using the Military for likely 2 months now, to supplement Old Age homes and as a support system, and most other Countries are now doing the same!
    All Governments are ‘smoke and mirrors’!
    I agree that those in charge in most Countries arn’t capable of Crisis Mgm’t!
    If it’s any consolation, Most Countries are in the same boat, with the same probs, but people trying to ‘stir it up’ at this juncture, serves no one!
    If people feel so strongly about the issues, they should go and Volunteer.
    And Division creates more Division, and thus it goes on and on!
    Stick together and wait for an opportunity to do better.
    Go back in time...what caused the probs in the British Empire, and all the great dynasties in the World!