Well, here is some more food for thought. In these difficult times it is incumbent upon us all to work for the common good; and that got me thinking. How about all those correspondents on here, who object so strongly to virtually every aspect of SG policy, start paying for the things they have been getting free all these years. After all it could lead to accusations of hypocrisy if you accept a benefit you so publicly criticise.

I'm thinking of:-

Free Prescriptions - It is £9 per time in England. Most of us will be able to calculate quite easily how much we would have had to spend if we lived in England instead of Scotland. If we just go back 5 years I think that would be fair. My quick calculation shows that I would have had to pay £810 during that period.

Free Bus Travel - For over 1 million people in Scotland bus travel is free. That number will rise when young people are added to the list of those eligible. So, next time you use a bus for free put the fare in your piggy bank and when it gets to a reasonable sum send it off to the SG so they can spend it on the fight against Coronavirus.

Free Pre-school Childcare - The SG suggests this could save each family £4,500. If you have infants in your house and you object so much to this benefit send a cheque for £4.5K down to Edinburgh once your child has started primary school.

All those new/renovated Schools - 750 schools built or refurbished but if you object so much why not go private? It'll reduce class sizes and give the kids of those of us who value what has been achieved a better education.

Scrapping Tuition Fees - A 4 year Scottish honours degree would cost up to £44,000 if our students were expected to pay what they do in England. Again, I am sure Kate Forbes would welcome a load of cheques from those of you who object so strongly to having had their offspring enjoy a world class education for free.

I could go on but I think you get the message. There is an easy way to show just how opposed you are to all of these social policies. Just write a cheque and you will feel good again knowing that you have helped ease the burden on the Scottish exchequer.