Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbourfest

Is there more boats to arrive yet I thought there was going to be over 30 boats I only counted about 15 arriving today are they delayed by the fog ?Hope the weather Holds

I'm with The Charlatans in hoping the fog goes away.

GrumpyHippo - your photos are fantastic.

Here's to a great weekend for all.

Default Harbour Festival

What wonderful photos - my thanks to Grumpyhippo !
    Let's have some more please.

I do hope the sun is shining for his special day, but it will be a great day nevertheless.
    I wish I could be there - I have to admit to feeling quite a buzz even this far away from it all.

If you are going, and if you are interested in your Caithness Family History/ stories etc, then do pop into the CFHS tent. From there you will learn so much about Your History and you'll be warmly welcomed I have no doubt.

Have fun,
    Trinkie

I took the kids through this afternoon, and I have to say I thought it was fantastic. Loads of boats you could get on, lots of local stalls. Great atmosphere. The helicopter display was a particular highlight for the small people. Only grump - I was really surprised to find no handrail on the inside edge of the pontoon. It made for hairy stuff walking a 7 and a 4 year old along it when it was busy! Apart from that - well done to the organisers, they obviously put a huge amount of work into it, and judging by the crowds taht were there, it seems to have paid off!
    engiebenjy

Quote Originally Posted by trinkie View Post
    What wonderful photos - my thanks to Grumpyhippo !
    Let's have some more please.
    Thanks for the kind comments Moira and Trinkie here are some more.........

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

I thought it was great day and the boats were fantastic it was also good to see so many people out enjoyng themselves well done to everyone involved.

We had a great time today. The rain didn't dampen anyones spirits, certainly not around the Old Pulteney stall where the spirits were running oot the door faster than the boy could pour them!

Met alot of old pals which was good, half the fun in any event is meeting up and getting 'e crack and there was plenty today.

Favourite bit was just seeing Wick harbour so busy. I think the event organisers have done us proud and thanks to them for pulling it off.

Looking forward to watching the boats go out the bay tomorrow.

More please.
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

I went past the bignold park 'Harbourfest car park' at 3.30pm and there were only 3 cars parked up!

Was the turn-out not as expected as I didn't find parking near the harbour any problem this morning, I hope the rain did not put too many off as we all enjoyed the day!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

We went down to see the harbourfest. We thought it was very good. Many thanks to all the people who worked must have worked hard to make it all such a success.

did any one get any video clips of the pipe band and other things ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    did any one get any video clips of the pipe band and other things ??
    I hope they did and I am sure they did Look forward to watching it.What a great advert for the area. Wish I could have been there.

also why put it on youtube and caithness.org tv ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12