Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Harbourfest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Harbourfest

Your harbourfest sounds really great. I can imagine the work load every one must have taken on,hope you all have a great time and the weather holds up for you. All the best.

I wonder how many disabled people will be able to enjoy all the activity at the harbour. i understand disabled cars are to park at the swimming pool but this is a very long walk away for disabled people. Also i was told there is a park and ride bus but none of this has been advertised. does anyone know?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Advertisement for this event has been very poor all round. I hope the harbour is cleaned up before then it was a right mess yesterday.

For flip's sake - what's with all the negativity? The event has been well advertised in my opinion - possibly not the parking etc and maybe that could have been clearer - but if it is an issue for you just pick the phone up and ask them! Look through the events listings on this site and the email and phone number are there for you.

NLP

Advertisement for this event has been very poor all round. I hope the harbour is cleaned up before then it was a right mess yesterday.

I think its been well advertised,its been in the groat,p&j on the org,as for the mess a cargo of wood was shipped out at the weekend and a drop of bark and twigs was left on the quay

There has been a supplement in the P&J today, and I am sure the Courier and Groat will have all the info you need. You must be hibernating if you havent read about the event-Caithness.org has run details of the programme, and the flottila has even been advertised in some national papers- I am sure it will go really well on Saturday, and lets hope there will be good weather.
    I have heard that traffic can park in the Bignold Park, or the Glebe (where the County Show traffic goes) - maybe there will be a park and ride???? But I can understand in the interests of safety roads are closed and no traffic is allowed in - there was a Highland Council advert in the Groat and Courier last week advising people of what road were shut and the dates and times they were to be shut. The shiny barriers are ready at the harbour side ready for use, and there are 5 lovely looking yachts in the harbour just now - cant wait to see all the boats on Saturday should be really good.

We went down to see the harbourfest. We thought it was very good. Many thanks to all the people who worked must have worked hard to make it all such a success.

did any one get any video clips of the pipe band and other things ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    did any one get any video clips of the pipe band and other things ??
    I hope they did and I am sure they did Look forward to watching it.What a great advert for the area. Wish I could have been there.

also why put it on youtube and caithness.org tv ??