Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harbourfest

Default Harbourfest

Your harbourfest sounds really great. I can imagine the work load every one must have taken on,hope you all have a great time and the weather holds up for you. All the best.

I wonder how many disabled people will be able to enjoy all the activity at the harbour. i understand disabled cars are to park at the swimming pool but this is a very long walk away for disabled people. Also i was told there is a park and ride bus but none of this has been advertised. does anyone know?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Advertisement for this event has been very poor all round. I hope the harbour is cleaned up before then it was a right mess yesterday.

For flip's sake - what's with all the negativity? The event has been well advertised in my opinion - possibly not the parking etc and maybe that could have been clearer - but if it is an issue for you just pick the phone up and ask them! Look through the events listings on this site and the email and phone number are there for you.

NLP

Advertisement for this event has been very poor all round. I hope the harbour is cleaned up before then it was a right mess yesterday.

I think its been well advertised,its been in the groat,p&j on the org,as for the mess a cargo of wood was shipped out at the weekend and a drop of bark and twigs was left on the quay

There has been a supplement in the P&J today, and I am sure the Courier and Groat will have all the info you need. You must be hibernating if you havent read about the event-Caithness.org has run details of the programme, and the flottila has even been advertised in some national papers- I am sure it will go really well on Saturday, and lets hope there will be good weather.
    I have heard that traffic can park in the Bignold Park, or the Glebe (where the County Show traffic goes) - maybe there will be a park and ride???? But I can understand in the interests of safety roads are closed and no traffic is allowed in - there was a Highland Council advert in the Groat and Courier last week advising people of what road were shut and the dates and times they were to be shut. The shiny barriers are ready at the harbour side ready for use, and there are 5 lovely looking yachts in the harbour just now - cant wait to see all the boats on Saturday should be really good.

Disabled parking is in the medical centre car park with any overflow to go into the swimmingpool carpark. Caithness dial-a-ride will then ferry less abled people to and from the Harbourfest. And as for the negative posts how about offering to go and help out with what you can see is wrong?.

Thats good to know that there will be transport for disabled people from the swimming pool car park, havent seen that advertised, so hope people will know this and be able to come to the harbour now.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Though i know the sight in wick harbour will be good, personally it will be too crowded for me, but, i shall just head a little further south and take pics of them (weather permitting) as they pass Sarclet or somewhere like that

DOes anybody know what time it starts on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by jm.mack View Post
    DOes anybody know what time it starts on Saturday?
    10am Heritage boats is open for visitors and the market stalls open. At 11am it's the offical opening.
    There is a free mini-bus service running from the Swimming pool/medical centre car park to the harbour for Disabled.

The flotilla leaves the harbour sunday morning, 10am *i think*

I noticed that there will be parking in the Bignold Park and the Glebe. Where is the Glebe in Wick always thought it was in Thurso.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    I noticed that there will be parking in the Bignold Park and the Glebe. Where is the Glebe in Wick always thought it was in Thurso.
    There are Glebes all over Scotland; the word describes ground which belongs (or belonged to in the past) to a parish Church.

Smile Glebe Park

Its the park used for the county show up by the Parish Church.
    Weather looks good too for a a nice walk through the town to the harbour.
    Also Bignold Park.
    I kent his faither

hospital staff are issued with permits to park so that they can actually get to work without the hassle of findin an available space!!!

Road closures around the harbour, and parking arrangements for during the Harbourfest can be found at http://www.caithness.org/wickharbourfest/index.htm along with the finalised programme of events. A lot of this information is now on the Orgs front page, too! Its going to be a brilliant weekend!!
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

i'm really looking forward to it myself. i think its great for the town and the harbour.

thank you to the organisers and i wish it a big success. hopefully it will be repeated if it works out.

gonna be some great photos. that is if this fog goes away... grrr to the fog.
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

I could only get there tonight (busy weekend!!) but at least it was nice and quiet.

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast