Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Poll reveals majority of Scots back indyref2 legal battle with UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Poll reveals majority of Scots back indyref2 legal battle with UK

Amazing headline in The National https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...is-referendum/

Thought I better read it just in case opinion is changing and me and everyone I know might be out of step.

Read the article and it says "
    The finding is the latest from the Panelbase poll conducted for the ScotGoesPop! blog, supported by The National."

So this is a poll on a nationalist blog supported by a nationalist paper.

Then you get to the poll results (expecting nearly 100% support due to poll reader base)

Only 50% agree with the poll and 39% disagree...apparently that is massive support!

It's nice that the Sunday papers can give you a good laugh

Is that like all the Daily Mail polls that had 99% support for a hard Brexit?

What I find odd is that no-one in Orkney knows anyone in Orkney who has beel polled. Now, given that Orkney is the bellwether which has to also poll a majority "Yes" in any future referendum, then the pollsters could save themselves a lot of time, and face, by concentrating their efforts in Orkney. If Orkney is still polling 67% no, 33% Yes, then any national opinion is worthless. All thanks to the SNP's policy on Dragging Out Against Will

It is interesting that you left out this quote from the article:-

"Dana Linnet, who was principle officer for the US consulate from 2009-12 during Barack Obama’s presidency, wrote: “The UK Government can’t say in 2014 that Scottish independence would be bad because Scotland would not be an EU member anymore with all those huge economic benefits and then say in 2018 that Scotland can’t be independent post-Brexit with no EU economic benefits.

“Makes no sense. None of their words were/are intellectually honest or proven by sound economic data. I hope the EU does leave the light on for you. As I’ve said many times I have no dog in your fight but I can see ‘what’s what’.”."

Sir Humphrey Appleby shone a light on polling data nearly 40 years ago. Everyone knows you can get a poll to say whatever you want and all this faux outrage and malicious glee is rather tired and transparent.

Why would I post the entire article when I have given a link to it?

The post is about the poll, not some American has beens personal opinion.

It's curious (not) why everyone, no matter how senior, respected or knowledgable, who presents reasonable empirical evidence is rubbished by your side. You can never find fault with the message so you just rubbish the messenger.

Have you not yet worked out how this forum and politics in general work?

I suggest you buy this book. https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/b...RoC6RcQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Amazing headline in The National https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...is-referendum/

Thought I better read it just in case opinion is changing and me and everyone I know might be out of step.

Read the article and it says "
    The finding is the latest from the Panelbase poll conducted for the ScotGoesPop! blog, supported by The National."

So this is a poll on a nationalist blog supported by a nationalist paper.

Then you get to the poll results (expecting nearly 100% support due to poll reader base)

Only 50% agree with the poll and 39% disagree...apparently that is massive support!

It's nice that the Sunday papers can give you a good laugh

Oh, for goodness sake. That is not how Panelbase works. This was a poll carried out by Panelbase, and paid for by ScotGoesPop, also supported by The National. It was not carried out on the blog. Go check out the PanelBase website and see how it works, then come back and start yer moaning. (You could even join it and get in on the action)