Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank god for MSM

Default Thank god for MSM

I think we should all agree the MSM did a good job of protecting our children from potential explotation. Thank you MSM

Is there no end to the scandals coming out of this supposed party? An ex leader still awaiting trial for alleged sexual assaults, and now a resignation for inappropriate contact with a 16 year old boy. Is this party really fit to lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I think we should all agree the MSM did a good job of protecting our children from potential explotation. Thank you MSM

No response from Party Central - grooming of our youth is obviously official policy. Say sorry when you are found out and its all ok again.

Not sure if grooming of youth is quite endemic yet. Alex Salmond and Mark McDonald were allegedly more into being inappropriate with woman over 18. But certainly, behaving inappropriately seems to be an SNP problem.

No way the whole lot can be impeached?

Stuart Campbell must be fairly drowning under applications to join his breakaway breakaway movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Really? You honestly believe this stint today was anything to do with protecting a a sixteen year old? This was purely political. It was to stick the knife in the Scottish Government and to disrupt the Scottish budget which just happened to be presented today. They sat on this story till the time was right for the biggest impact. Didn't quite work though as the Budget went ahead as planned.

I ask you this though.....if this had happened to your sixteen year old, would you contact the police, contact the Scottish government or head straight to the gutter press to line your pockets? Concerned parent indeed.

I personally totally disagree with what Derek Mackay has alleged to have done. No complaints have actually been made to the police at this time, but in my view it is so wrong on many levels. He has immediately resigned his position and been suspended by the Party pending further investigation, and rightly so.

The rest of the comments on this thread to date, are not even worth forum space let alone an adult response. (mind you, yours isn't much better, but at least funny.)

I agree this was well timed. Reminds me of the George Micheal 'scandal'. Press all knew he was gay, but sat on story until he did something foolish.

It was a bit strange to wait until 11.30pm the night before the budget, but that's the press, out for maximum impact. I wonder if the new director of communications knew what was coming. With his contacts I bet he did.

I don't suppose there needs to be any police involvement if the boy was over 16, maybe that's why the parents went to the press. I would like to think it wasn't for the money, as their son will have to live with this now and I'm sure a lot of people know who he is.

Apparently, 5 of the messages were sent in the last week. Doesn't sound like an issue that has been parked for the last 6 months.

And given the state of the Scottish justice system, then it's little wonder that members of the public think they will get more action if they go to the press. Have you ever tried calling the police these days to report a non emergency matter? "We are experiencing an unusually high volume of calls at the moment. Please try calling back some other time" Seriously?

I hadn't read that (recent messages) . In this day and age it beggars belief that someone in such a powerful position and clearly intelligent would make such mistakes. Must have been a real infatuation with this boy.

On MFR they are now saying there are more inappropriate texts to another man.

And it seems he will get a large cash payoff for resigning. Not a bad life this being an msp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-51412460

Derek Mackay: Scottish government denies trying to block newspaper claims

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...eons-run-road/

Between Brexit and another scandal, Sturgeon’s run out of road

I can see how Derek Mackay could have slipped up here if he was only trying to send messages to the First Minister.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...-derek-mackay/

Scottish Conservatives call for helpline to be set up for potential victims of Derek Mackay

I imagine the call centre operators will be inundated by all the Scottish taxpayers who got well and truly shafted

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...former-deputy/

Almost 400,000 Scots hit with stealth tax as Derek Mackay's former deputy steps in to deliver Budget

Wow, that call centre is going to be busy - 400,000 Scottish taxpayers shafted.

And as I said earlier on another thread, just wait until PIP/DLA new claiments get dealt with by the Scottish govt. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...benefits-bill/

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post

Almost 400,000 Scots hit with stealth tax as Derek Mackay's former deputy steps in to deliver Budget

Have you tried the Dandy and the Beano yet? I hear Desperate Dan is in trouble wie the Vegans, and Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton woke everyone up yesterday in the House of Lords, and it did not go down well at all. One simply does not disrupt one's daily snooze, especially as one is paid over £300 per day to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lords.jpg 
Views:	4134 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	35136

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...-derek-mackay/

Scottish Conservatives call for helpline to be set up for potential victims of Derek Mackay

I imagine the call centre operators will be inundated by all the Scottish taxpayers who got well and truly shafted

I suppose we could also start a helpline for folks who are victims of dodgy, used car dealers, who have a habit of going bankrupt, and who also have a penchant for disappearing paintings? Another helpline could be set up for those affected by racist Tory Councillors. (too many to count here) And lets not forget the Tory Gropers. ( I think they are members of the Tory Groper Society). Then there are those who are upset with the Tory Obscene Photographic Download Society. I could go on but.... I think we could create lots of employment here by opening several call centres for this lot alone.

People who live in glass houses and all that. eh?

Since you are fairly numerate, if you have read the article you will know the Telegraph is spinning this story so far that you could call it a downright lie without exaggerating.

I never actually realised, till I read the below article,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...EL-WATSON.html

That when launched / named, the Glen Sannox only had black squares painted on where the windows should be, to make it look more "finished" than it actually was.

What a shambles.

Have you ever worked for the Daily Mail? You’d walk (back) into a senior journalist position at any time.

No, can't say I have - Not even the Orcadian. I think I once got a poem in the annual school magazine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast