Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: what happened

Default what happened

good day all first time on forum use to reside in thurso left in 66 to australia use to go to west public school and walked past a house on castlegreen and duncan st been looking at google maps and it shows a vacant block now what happened to the house thank you

I can only assume it was Viewfirth. There is a section on the forum here about its demise.

Hope you enjoy the forum and find some old friends.....and make some new ones.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Thank you for your reply and after a bit more of a search it was the Viewfirth i can remember in 65/66 attending a event where they played rugby and had tug of war and a fire brigade display using the house as a prop being 5-6 at the time they could of been different events but i was sure the tug of war and fire brigade where the same we came from Aberdeen dad worked at dounraey we lived on Howburn rd right across from Fulmar rd we left to australia and finished up in whyalla south australia with others out of thurso who have been life long friends one is a local girl val who married an Aberdeen lad she use to work at dounraey oh also have looked at old photos of the site i always thought there was a clump of trees on the duncan street side that the kids use to say was haunted so again thank you poppett for your reply

Pleased to have been useful.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today