Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: More POWERful than you thought?

Default More POWERful than you thought?

More POWERful than you thought?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas_per_head-768x554.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	35100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewables_per_head-768x554.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	35101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scottish_electricity_potential-768x554.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	35102

Your wind power propoganda.....would be interesting to know what your thoughts on the massive constraint payments being made to Scottish wind farms producing zero renewable energy?

Does your propoganda take these silent wind farms in to account?

Stroupster alone claims to help the environment by saving 66,000 tones of co2 per year. Multiply this by the huge numbers of dormant turbines....remember this when you post some propoganda about how green the Scottish govt is. I expect they use the 66,000 ton saving in calculations even though thats not quite the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Your wind power propoganda.....would be interesting to know what your thoughts on the massive constraint payments being made to Scottish wind farms producing zero renewable energy?

Stroupster alone claims to help the environment by saving 66,000 tones of co2 per year. Multiply this by the huge numbers of dormant turbines....remember this when you post some propoganda about how green the Scottish govt is. I expect they use the 66,000 ton saving in calculations even though thats not quite the truth.
    I'm not sure why you think you are "reasonably happy". You sound thoroughly miserable the whole time. I think that, rather than post on here, you should put all your efforts into developing a time machine then you and Jacob Rees Mogg can head back to an era you feel more comfortable in.

The UK is changing. Scotland is changing. I'm afraid you are going to have to accept that and adapt.

Some more FACTS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scottish_electricity2-768x554.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	35105

What are the relevance of your posts Corky? What are you trying to prove/acheive?

Isn't it only turbines which have to be switched off for whatever reason, which get the constraint payments...not turbines which automatically shut down if the wind is too strong? Scottish Power is, I believe, going to be trialling a storage system for wind electricity production which is not immediately required....so, if it works, then the problem should go away, shouldn't it? To read you, one would almost think there were no wind turbines in England and Wales getting exactly the same payments as in Scotland...and you''d almost think that Scotland wasn't paying through the nose for access to that National Grid in the first place, so we are paying more towards our own electricity production (and National Grid subsidies) than they are on the other side of the border because they are nearer to London, the centre of the UK universe.

From the Torygraph

"The National Grid said the wind constraint payments were “the most economically efficient way of managing additional green capacity”.

A spokesman said: “National Grid balances the country’s supply and demand of electricity minute by minute, and it also transports electricity from where it is generated to where it is needed. As part of its role, it can sometimes ask generators to come on or off the grid to keep the system balanced – ensuring that there is energy across the UK whenever and wherever it is needed.”
    Emma Pinchbeck, RenewableUK’s Executive Director, said: “Constraint payments have been the cheapest way for National Grid to run the electricity network within its current limits.
    "Wind farms are compensated because being told to switch off means a significant loss of revenue from generating power, and causes wear and tear on the turbines."

Pathetic. And you know EXACTLY what I mean by that statement.

Anyone seen Maggie747?

What are the relevance of your posts Corky? What are you trying to prove/acheive?
    Well, you asked!

There two sides to an argument. I'll be damned if I am going to allow a few hard-line Unionists to bully, intimidate, scare, malign, abuse and lie to try to convince people there is only one side to an argument - theirs.

I've told you before.....calm down, you sound rather heated!
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 26-Jan-20 at 17:48.

Pathetic. And you know EXACTLY what I mean by that statement.
    Yep...I do.............it means you have nothing to say but feel obliged to say something.