Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

China now looks pretty much like an "also ran" in this carry on. 18th in the league table of Cases per Million of Population, less than half of the cases in the world and daily new cases in the low double digits.

I think I would rather drink hand sanitiser than gin. Isn't there a "distillery" in Caithness that makes something like "It would bring tears to a crofters eyes"? My guess is it probably would. There used to be a small "craft" distillery on Orkney made "Crofters Choice" whisky. Or as it became known "It'll do if you don't have any meths"

I’m not sure I’d describe the reason we are facing this pandemic as an also ran.

Lets not forget where this all started and which draconian regime suppressed all knowledge of it at first and allowed its citizens and others to continue 'business as usual' so that now, the whole world is affected. That is fact and its not the first time either.

when and if we get over this, some questions need to be asked of China regarding this matter
    W.A.T.P.

This is meant to be humerous, not offensive to anyone. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	35199

was just saying this to the other half he other day, its absolutely true.
    Probably the right thing to do also, every man for himself and all that
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Lets not forget where this all started and which draconian regime suppressed all knowledge of it at first and allowed its citizens and others to continue 'business as usual'
    I don't think its Chinas fault that coutries like the UK decided to continue "business as usual". The UK had ample opportunity to close its borders, even after the outbreak in China. But the we had to have open and porous borders. China had nothing to do with that. If the UK had "proper borders", then we would not be in today's situation.

I thought Unionists didn't want Borders. https://twitter.com/votenoborders?lang=en

So in much of the world, the horse has already bolted and is running at full canter. All we can do now is sit back and marvel at the hysteria as the sheeple try to catch it - Rather comically, using toilet roll.

Even here in Orkney its out of hand. Folk are panic buying everything from coal to bottled water. And its not going to make a blind bit of difference at this stage. Its now going to be what it will be. Best we can hope for is to see how many come out the other side, and then we can look back and realise that borders have a function after all. Unfortunately, there might not be so many of us who can look back - Sure, the population will still have grown - But some of the oldies will have gone, and the babies less than a year old will have no appreciation of the situation.

Hopefully, it will go down as lesson learned.

Having a mild interest in numbers and statistics, and now that the published stats are really starting to drift from reality - Realistic number of UK cases is likely to be in the 100,000 region, rather than the claimed 2,000 - I thought it might be fun to review the growth in statistics;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	35200

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I thought Unionists didn't want Borders. https://twitter.com/votenoborders?lang=en
    Bore off mate
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Bore off mate
    Just exposing hypocrisy, that's all.

Just exposing hypocrisy, that's all.
    why not keep your independence stuff to your independence threads.
    W.A.T.P.

Another SNP clusterf...
    You mean like this utterly non-political post. Nothing but hypocrisy all the time.

You mean like this utterly non-political post. Nothing but hypocrisy all the time.
    was a valid response to the OP statement re the kids hospital in Edinburgh, which was some 8 pages back.
    W.A.T.P.

was a valid response to the OP statement re the kids hospital in Edinburgh, which was some 8 pages back.
    That was in a thread entitled "Coronavirus". You brought the SNP into the discussion, in the second post on the thread, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    The Chinese don't hang about when they set their minds to it;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ital-WEEK.html

Hundreds of heavy-duty vehicles and armies of workers are gathered overnight as China vows to build a 1,000-bed coronavirus hospital from scratch in ONE WEEK

How long have they been at the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh, and when does it open?

Just for Corky, I dont care about the thread title, this was the opening post, and my reply was and still is valid in relation to that.

Now the thread has developed over the months to have no bearing on any independence argument you may have, so kindly, as requested before, please bore off elsewhere
    W.A.T.P.

I dont care about the thread title
    If that's true why are you getting so upset?

If that's true why are you getting so upset?
    Upset?
    No, sorry I dont follow your thinking, thankfully
    W.A.T.P.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1587.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	35201 Apparently half of us will be dead this time next week......a bit of humour to lighten the mood

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast