Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Jeez, that makes depressing reading.

The three reasons given for the projected high level of death are a shocking indictment of HMGs level of unpreparedness. That is particularly so in the light of Exercise Cygnus in 2016 which was designed to help us prepare for an event such as this. It seems that the results of that exercise were "buried" by HMG. John Pilger's piece in the Daily Telegraph is worth reading if you can face yet more bleak news.

It would appear that the results from Exercise Cygnus were so catastrophically frightening that HMG suppressed the report for fear of causing alarm. That might be fair enough (arguably) but the failure to act properly upon the outcome of that exercise will, undoubtedly, have caused people their lives. Pilger calls what has (not) happened a crime. However, since the finding of Exercise Cygnus are still classified I doubt we will ever see anyone held responsible.

Depressing indeed. As is the Telegraph piece.

I still believe that the principal cause of the delay in imposing the lockdown was the complete lack of understanding of the dire consequences of exponential growth at all levels of government, which is what orkneycadian has been stressing from the beginning. Incredible as it sounds, it also seems that the bigwig in the Imperial team didn’t understand until it was too late. As someone said recently, a linear response to exponential growth will always lose. We needed to kill off the exponential growth early on, which we failed to do. Hopefully, the lockdown will eventually succeed in killing it off. We will know in a week or two. I hope!

Oh, and those that did understand the consequences of exponential growth apparently underestimated the size of the exponent. Given the data we already had from China, and also early data from Italy, this was unforgivable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    The three reasons given for the projected high level of death are a shocking indictment of HMGs level of unpreparedness. That is particularly so in the light of Exercise Cygnus in 2016 which was designed to help us prepare for an event such as this. It seems that the results of that exercise were "buried" by HMG. John Pilger's piece in the Daily Telegraph is worth reading if you can face yet more bleak news.

It would appear that the results from Exercise Cygnus were so catastrophically frightening that HMG suppressed the report for fear of causing alarm. That might be fair enough (arguably) but the failure to act properly upon the outcome of that exercise will, undoubtedly, have caused people their lives. Pilger calls what has (not) happened a crime. However, since the finding of Exercise Cygnus are still classified I doubt we will ever see anyone held responsible.
    John Pilger has always been at the forefront of investigative journalism, he gets better with age; that's why his revelations are almost toxic to our MSM which is, in the main. the propaganda arm of the tory government. I doubt this government will ever reveal the true extent of the damage revealed by Exercise Cygnus.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Depressing indeed. As is the Telegraph piece.

I still believe that the principal cause of the delay in imposing the lockdown was the complete lack of understanding of the dire consequences of exponential growth at all levels of government, which is what orkneycadian has been stressing from the beginning. Incredible as it sounds, it also seems that the bigwig in the Imperial team didn’t understand until it was too late. As someone said recently, a linear response to exponential growth will always lose. We needed to kill off the exponential growth early on, which we failed to do. Hopefully, the lockdown will eventually succeed in killing it off. We will know in a week or two. I hope!
    Seems like Imperial has a great set of experts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52240140

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    John Pilger has always been at the forefront of investigative journalism, he gets better with age; that's why his revelations are almost toxic to our MSM which is, in the main. the propaganda arm of the tory government. I doubt this government will ever reveal the true extent of the damage revealed by Exercise Cygnus.
    I forgot to mention in my previous post that the article in the Telegraph is credited to Paul Nuki and Bill Gardner. Corky, is there also an article by John Pilger?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the article in the Telegraph is credited to Paul Nuki and Bill Gardner. Corky, is there also an article by John Pilger?
    I did read an article by him but for the life of me I can't find it now. I also watched his interview with RT and he covers the same issues. You can view it here. It makes for pretty depressing viewing.

It’s amazing how different people are affected by the virus in such different ways. Kenny Dalglish tested positive after being admitted to hospital for treatment of gallstones. He’s been released as he showed no symptoms.

It’s amazing how different people are affected by the virus in such different ways. Kenny Dalglish tested positive after being admitted to hospital for treatment of gallstones. He’s been released as he showed no symptoms.
    That's what's so scary about it. Stay home and stay safe everyone.

If you can bear any more bleak news have a look here.

It's a table showing the worldwide death rates by country. The stat's only cover up to 9 April but already the UK has the 3rd worst percentage death rate. There are a lot of "ifs", "ands" and "buts" about the stats but whichever way you look at them they make for yet more depressing reading.

Just thought I would share this video / documentary link https://www.ntd.com/coronavirusfilm.html just in case anyone is interested in the alt theory of the origins of the covid-19 pandemic. In this hour long video is the proposal that the virus was created deliberately, and no it is not a crap pot idea, there is a lot of what appears valid evidence presented to support the theory. Whether it is true or not is definitely a valid question, I suspect it is true.

It started in a wet meat market in Wuhan having jumped species from wild life- as did SARS.

Draw your own conclusions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	covid19.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	35215

Perhaps it is because the Scottish Government is adamant that there is not a shortage of PPE supplies in Scotland and that they have got the issue covered?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Perhaps it is because the Scottish Government is adamant that there is not a shortage of PPE supplies in Scotland and that they have got the issue covered?
    Or, it could be, as today's National front page headline says, "UK Gov't Told PPE Firms to Prioritise England".

The article says 'he SUSPECTS the order came from PHE.....headlines can be very misleading, as you have said before Don't trust the media....any media, they all have their own agenda.

I have just been on Gompels website. They are only taking orders from established customers, not accepting any new customers. Also recent reviews from Welsh customers, which doesn't tie in with the newspaper article.

Check out John Pilger at http://johnpilger.com/

Film on NHS released.

I for one, would be willing to pay an extra 2p tax IF it was ring fenced for the NHS. I remember paying over 30% tax so still nowhere near that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    The article says 'he SUSPECTS the order came from PHE.....headlines can be very misleading, as you have said before Don't trust the media....any media, they all have their own agenda.

I have just been on Gompels website. They are only taking orders from established customers, not accepting any new customers. Also recent reviews from Welsh customers, which doesn't tie in with the newspaper article.

Nation.Cymru The Times The Press & Journal The Daily Record

I don't know much about the first publication but the others are all pretty anti-SG and are very unlikely to publish something like this unless there was some truth in it.

You have taught me to never trust the MSM....does that still stand? :-)

Btw, I don't agree with any country prioritising itself. We are all supposed to be in this together. I'm sure the SG have their own suppliers and arrangements.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast