Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Coronavirus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    So for anyone trying to imagine the scale of the "population emergency", another Scotland has been added to the world since New Years Day.
    Mibbies its time for the grubbiement to give notice that they will stop Child Benefit for all new-born children from one year hence. People might then reevaluate the planning of their families. Unfortunately this will do very little to change familial practices in many other areas of the world.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

What I find interesting is the way the virus has spread throughout the world. Useful information for the WHO for when a serious virus occurs.

Anyone remember Survivors tv series in the 70's about such a spread. I always thought I had the skills to survive if I was one of the lucky ones.

BBC reporting that the number of cases today standing at about 12,000. So the approximation of the number of cases roughly doubling every 2 days still stands. Friday the 21st of February and the whole planet will have caught it! But then again, there was a Chinese nurse on some news sites about a week ago saying there was 90,000 cases. Who to believe.....

I googled - "will the virus change" and got this - https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.o...virus-outbreak

Though the BBC are reporting officially 14000 cases today on https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51345855 the same webpage suggests that the University of Hong Kong are estimating 75,000 in Wuhan alone. If so, then the doubling every 2 days is a day or 2 behind....

So, here's the thing. All of the deaths have been amongst heavy smokers developing complications such as Pneumonia etc, China is a country of very very heavy smoking. Good job Caithness folk do not partake in this disgusting habit ?