Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

This COVID-19 Community Risk Monitor measures the level of risk exposure of Scotland’s 354 local authority wards to the COVID-19 virus and displays as the risks on a map:

https://www.scotianomics.org/covid19-risk-monitor/

And to think, this is what we could have had;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	35230

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Agreed, but some will get a B or maybe even a B+. HMG would be lucky to get an F-.
    I would give A grades to South Korea and New Zealand. And probably to a few others in the east.

The latest weekly data for Coronavirus in Scotland: Who is dying and where?:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52214177

Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post
    The latest weekly data for Coronavirus in Scotland: Who is dying and where?:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52214177

Not very helpful for info on Caithness, all they give is info on NHS Highland which covers a very large area, would be like trying to figure out what is happening in London by looking at figures from Manchester...

Any links to more localised figures out there?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Not very helpful for info on Caithness, all they give is info on NHS Highland which covers a very large area, would be like trying to figure out what is happening in London by looking at figures from Manchester...

Any links to more localised figures out there?
    I haven't seen any since Bill Fernie raised it here

Call for local coronavirus numbers to be given

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Howie View Post
    Orkney;

Number of confirmed cases = 7 - NHS Orkney flatly deny that anyone else in Orkney has ever had it. When Dr Drew went on Jeremy Vine to suggest there may be 200 - 300 cases in the community, this was rapidly shot down by NHS Orkney - https://www.orcadian.co.uk/nhs-orkne...d-case-claims/

Number of deaths "involving" coronavirus = 2 - Both allegedly in patients with significant underlying health conditions.

Number of NHS Orkney Chief Executives exposed for travelling home at the weekends to see his family on the Black Isle = 1 - https://www.orcadian.co.uk/governmen...hland-commute/
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 22-May-20 at 15:20. Reason: Why do you only see spelling mistakes later?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Howie View Post
    I haven't seen any since Bill Fernie raised it here

NHS Highland says the number of confirmed cases are released on a Highland-wide basis due to "patient confidentiality".
    What bs. We don't need names, addresses, phone numbers etc., just a number.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

We are the same.
    If its a Safe area people go there, if not they don’t......

Following the publication of Scotland's route map for getting out of lockdown, why on earth are "places of worship" opening up before schools? Here we are, in 2020, and educating people about a set of fictional beliefs, based on a 2000 year old novel is taking priority over educating kids about the real world things (assuming they can pay attention long enough, and tear themselves away from their social media). We are told that things will be different after all this - Surely this is the time to put the religious cults to bed for once and for all? They have been a big source of coronavirus outbreaks in places like Iran, and are most definitely in the non essential category. But for reasons unknown, they are deemed more essential than schools by Auntie Nicola? And professional sport? Whats more essential about 22 or 23 grown adults chasing a bag of wind about a field that makes it more important than educating kids?

I think I can see why education standards in Scotland are slipping. Greater emphasis being placed on religion and football than on education.

The list of people the the BritNat-in-chief despises grows ever longer. Another two added today:-

Church goers
    Football supporters

He already hates:

Trade Unionists
    Separatists
    Women
    Anyone who lives south of Perth but north of the Tweed

He's not very keen on Diane Abbott either. I'm not sure whether that's misogyny or racism or both.

The list of people the the BritNat-in-chief despises grows ever longer. Another two added today:-

Church goers
    Football supporters

He already hates:

Trade Unionists
    Separatists
    Women

He's not very keen on Diane Abbott either. I'm not sure whether that's misogyny or racism or both.
    Misogyny..... Most people don't even know what it means!
    I agree with the Orkney standards, Well said.....
    Did you know that Orkney-men founded the Famous Hudson Bay Company, and in the category of ‘The toughest Men in the World‘.
    King Harald or was it Ragnar?
    Doesn't matter......am sure Ragnar didn't know about MISOGYNY.
    It’s Friday nite and we are still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Misogyny..... Most people don't even know what it means!
    That Corky Smeek certainly doesn't. Apparently, referring to the wannabe Queen of Scotland as Wee Krankie constitutes misogyny. Could never understand why that denigrates every woman on the planet, but then again, this is coming from the mindset that thinks that 45% is a majority.

What I did spend a bit of time on yesterday was watching the back catalogue of Janey Godley coronavirus briefings. As that mocks Nicola, that must be misogynistic too. How that works when Janey herself is a woman is baffling, but my brain is too small to understand how misogyny can be found in places where none exists.

What the Janey Godley videos does highlight is why on earth does Nicola always turn up in such ridiculous high heels to attend the briefings? Couldn't she just ask Frank to have a box put behind the podium for her?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Apparently, referring to the wannabe Queen of Scotland as Wee Krankie constitutes misogyny.
    Nicola Sturgeon, Diane Abbott, Greta Thunberg have all been given the treatment by you. Are you sure you don't have a problem with high-achieving, powerful women? Looks awfully like it to me.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the other issues you raise. They are just laughable and not worthy of a response.

Interesting article about Shetland on the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-52823510

Church goers
    Football supporters

He already hates:

Trade Unionists
    Separatists
    Women

I see from another thread that caravaners, motorhomers and cruise liner passengers have all been added to the list. I also forgot to add to my original list, NHS workers, whom he thinks provide us with a 3rd class service.

I wonder which group is next in line to be added to his list. There can't be many left, surely.

So folks in Scotland are finally starting to cotton on that there's going to be more to coronavirus than a 3 month holiday on 80% pay;

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...-20-000-names/

Rolls-Royce petition on Scots job cuts hits 20,000 names

What are they expecting a petition is going to solve? Where were they when they could have had a petition to close the UK (or even Scotland's) borders in January, or even 2019, or even earlier? You wanted freedom of movement folks. You got it. That means freedom of movement of diseases. You got that too. Now you are complaining that you don't like the consequences?

Coronavirus: Death rates twice as high in deprived areas:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53079112

The 2 graphics in the above link solely seem to focus on cities in the Southern Belt. With hardly any cases here in Caithness and Orkney, we are being disproportionately penalised here, economically, by Sourthern Belt policies. England, Wales and Northern Ireland are well on the way to trying to limit economic damage, but we in the North are being dictated unviable policies by Holyrood. As a result, it's areas like ours that are going to end up as economic graveyards, thanks to the Southern centric policies.

"Highland Council finances 'hit hardest' by Covid crisis

Covid-19 has cost Highland Council more per head of population than any other UK local authority, according to BBC research.

The cost of the infection to the council could run to £96.9m, the fourth worst in the UK.

But the estimated shortfall at the council is the equivalent of £411 for every resident - the highest UK figure. ... .":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-53149054