I've only just found this out. It happened nearly 11 hours ago (at the time of writing this). You probably don't even know it happened - unless you watched it happening live - for the BBC and other MSM outlets will do all they can to avoid you finding out.

Today at FMQ's two men in paramilitary gear interrupted proceedings. They barracked the FM with allegations about IRA supporters in the SNP. They had to be removed from the chamber by the Police.

Irrespective of your views on our FM or our Scottish Parliament this is a worrying development. Worrying that these two men were able so easily to gain access to the public gallery; disrupt proceedings and pose a serious security threat to our FM. I would sincerely hope that everyone reading this would agree that such behaviour should not be tolerated.

But the worries don't end with the security issues outlined above. Just as worrying is surely the fact that, at the time of writing, there has been no mention of this on the BBC's Scotland's news pages on the web. Just think about it. Men in paramilitary gear invade parliament; disrupt proceedings and hurl accusations at our nation's FM; and our state broadcaster ignores the event. In what other country in the, so-called, civilised world would that happen? It is utterly indefensible on so many levels I cannot even begin to count them. Now, the print media can get away with it. They make their allegiances very clear and are not bound by rules on impartiality. But the BBC are. That's one of the reasons the BBC is funded the way it is; we all pay and so we can all expect non-partisan editorial. The whole thing stinks to high heaven and is just a further example of the BBC ignoring its own guidelines on impartiality.

I would also venture to suggest that if the two men concerned happened to be supporters of independence for Scotland and the disruption was directed at a Unionist MSP then the matter would be front and centre of every Scottish news bulletin.

One final point. I gave up watching BBC Scotlandshire's news some time in mid 2014. This story may have been mentioned but I suspect not, or perhaps in scant detail and well down the running order. No doubt I'll be corrected if I am wrong on that issue. Even if I am wrong everything else is deeply worrying for our democracy.