Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: When 3 out of 4 isn't a majority

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default When 3 out of 4 isn't a majority

Well, there we have it. All 3 devolved administrations have now voted against and, therefore, have withheld consent from the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

The Governments/Administrations in Wales, N.Ireland and Scotland have all said "No". But it doesn't matter a toss because England says "Yes".

The UK in a nutshell.

Yes but..., no but..., we wis assured that all the members of the union were equal partners. Wis I lied to?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Yes, you were lied to and Gordon Brown has a damned cheek reappearing every couple of months to lie to us again.

As I read on Twitter somewhere this morning (I can't remember where now) the Tories continue to call for the "country" to unite and for us all to come together after recent political upheaval. They want to do this by ignoring the clearly expressed wishes of all 3 devolved governments. Tyranny isn't governance.

It really must be galling. All this mis information being fed to us...Corky constantly pointing it out, yet we the majority still vote for unionist parties. Maybe the majority are reasonably happy with things the way they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    It really must be galling. All this mis information being fed to us...Corky constantly pointing it out, yet we the majority still vote for unionist parties. Maybe the majority are reasonably happy with things the way they are?
    Jeez what a philosophy to live your life by. You are "reasonably happy", I take it. No wonder the UK is spiralling down the toilet bowl if "reasonably happy" is the best we can aspire to.

Good luck in your world. The one where everyone is "reasonably happy" but no progress is every made because everyone is "reasonably happy" and doesn't want things to change.

I understand that at times of change most of the available energy goes on maintaining the status quo but that's is no excuse for settling for "reasonably happy". We can do much better than that.

There are always things that could be improved, no matter who is in power. That's why I used 'reasonably happy'

And it's not tyranny either.