Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: The Tories couldn't run a menage.

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Attachment 35086 maybe this sums up your view of the Scottish electorate.
    The fact that you think this cartoon illustrates a view of the Scottish electorate is the thing that is really sad. And I mean really sad. As Scots we voted against Christmas (metaphorically speaking) but were forced to accept it anyway. The fact that you cannot see that is deeply worrying.

    If I am pessimistic, which I don't think I am but even if I was, it is because I have lived too long and have seen too many promises made to Scotland only for them to be broken the minute the vote is over. If you cannot also see that then I can only assume the prescription for your rose tinted spectacles needs to be renewed.

    It must be really galling for you and all your one-nation Tory pals with your patrican view of Scotland that we have seen through your efforts to convince us that you know what is in our best interests. Do try to remain "reasonably happy" as the Union disintegrates around you.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Why have the words "pots" and "kettles" suddenly sprung to mind?
    Don't know, search me. No doubt you have the answer though or believe that you do. I have not been disrespectful to anyone and do actually remain open minded if arguments were compelling for me and look forward to hearing the answers that I want on critical points. But so far that has never happened, not anywhere.

  3. #23

    Default

    You do remember the vote we had a few weeks ago....the one where unionist parties got the most combined votes...despite all the SNP moaning about 'bad Westminster'.

    My life is good, as are the lives of most people I know in Caithness. We are happy with life as it is. As I said, your circumstances may not be quite so good, which maybe why you buy into the SNP promise of jam for everyone (just don't ask who is going to pay for it). We are worried it will be us that pays for it, so for us, it's better the devil you know.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Don't know, search me. No doubt you have the answer though or believe that you do. I have not been disrespectful to anyone and do actually remain open minded if arguments were compelling for me and look forward to hearing the answers that I want on critical points. But so far that has never happened, not anywhere.
    I think this type of argument falls into the category of logical fallacy. A person can claim to be open minded but, in reality they are adhering to a fairly rigid belief system. In order to reinforce that belief system they constantly re-assert the claim that they have never heard any evidence to make them change their mind, even if that evidence is clearly and overwhelmingly convincing. That way they get to continue believing in something they know, deep down, is flawed.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I think this type of argument falls into the category of logical fallacy. A person can claim to be open minded but, in reality they are adhering to a fairly rigid belief system. In order to reinforce that belief system they constantly re-assert the claim that they have never heard any evidence to make them change their mind, even if that evidence is clearly and overwhelmingly convincing. That way they get to continue believing in something they know, deep down, is flawed.
    This coming from the man who calls people bigots for no apparent reason and then refuses to apologise.
    W.A.T.P.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    This coming from the man who calls people bigots for no apparent reason and then refuses to apologise.
    Directly from the Nicla Murrel/Humble Crofter charm school

  7. #27

    Default

    No, I want to know the answers!
    What will the currency be in an Independent Scotland? If it is the then that is not fiscal independence as that is controlled by the bank of England.
    If it is a 'new' currency then what will that be and what assets/ reserves are there to back it up?
    Scotland will be out of the UK and cannot automatically be re-admitted- it has to reapply and does not currently fulfil the 5 fiscal criteria set out by the EU. So how long will Scotland be out then and what is the currency meantime?
    If Scotland re-joins, then is it going to be the Euro?
    What will the England/ Scotland border be like and how will it be run and controlled?
    What passports will Scots have? I've had a UK passport all my life! I want to know!
    There's just a few for starters- there are others.
    These questions matter to all people living in Scotland, not least my children and grandchildren - young people whom you say you are speaking up for.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    You do remember the vote we had a few weeks ago....the one where unionist parties got the most combined votes...despite all the SNP moaning about 'bad Westminster'.
    You do remember that vote we had a few weeks ago when the Tories said the election was about stopping the SNP and Independence yet the SNP won 80% of the seats.

    I am deeply touched by your concern for my personal circumstances, if a little irked. You know very little about me yet appear to think I am clinging to the rung just above the gutter. I am not. However, I don't like to think of you being placed under any more stress worrying about me, particularly with your precious Union falling apart around you. So I should like to reassure you that your "reasonably happy" state will remain unaffected. Apparently winding up Unionist zoomers on internet forums releases endorphins so I envisage being around for a wee while yet.

    I understand that you are worried by the prospect of independence. That is understandable. But based upon your description of your personal circumstances I see very little difference between yours and mine and yet I am happy to embrace the prospect of a better Scotland. We all take our own time to realise the benefits of independence. I'm sure you will come around eventually.

  9. #29

    Default

    Oh and the issue of climate change is the one that the young people will be grappling with (in my view) and compared to that, the question of independence for Scotland pales into insignificance- again in my view.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    No, I want to know the answers!
    What will the currency be in an Independent Scotland? If it is the then that is not fiscal independence as that is controlled by the bank of England.
    If it is a 'new' currency then what will that be and what assets/ reserves are there to back it up?
    Scotland will be out of the UK and cannot automatically be re-admitted- it has to reapply and does not currently fulfil the 5 fiscal criteria set out by the EU. So how long will Scotland be out then and what is the currency meantime?
    If Scotland re-joins, then is it going to be the Euro?
    What will the England/ Scotland border be like and how will it be run and controlled?
    What passports will Scots have? I've had a UK passport all my life! I want to know!
    There's just a few for starters- there are others.
    These questions matter to all people living in Scotland, not least my children and grandchildren - young people whom you say you are speaking up for.
    I'm sorry but you have just proved my point. Answers to all of these questions have been given widely and repeatedly. I'm afraid I am not responsible for you not finding things out. But perhaps you have found them out and have chosen to disregard them as they pose a threat to what you hold dear. That's fair enough. We all succumb to confirmation bias.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I'm sorry but you have just proved my point. Answers to all of these questions have been given widely and repeatedly. I'm afraid I am not responsible for you not finding things out. But perhaps you have found them out and have chosen to disregard them as they pose a threat to what you hold dear. That's fair enough. We all succumb to confirmation bias.
    you certainly do
    W.A.T.P.

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I'm sorry but you have just proved my point. Answers to all of these questions have been given widely and repeatedly. I'm afraid I am not responsible for you not finding things out. But perhaps you have found them out and have chosen to disregard them as they pose a threat to what you hold dear. That's fair enough. We all succumb to confirmation bias.
    So let me get this straight, you are happy to keep posting independance propaganda, but the first time you are asked to provide some facts, you crumble and say 'do your own research'. Do you know how much that speaks about SNP supporters, oh dear oh dear!

  13. #33

    Default

    So let me get this straight, you are happy just to keep on with the ad hominem attacks because you have no real arguments to support your own case. You try to disguise your complete lack of argument by attacking the messenger rather than the message.

    In any case have you actually been paying attention to these last few posts? It is my assertion that some people chose to ignore all evidence however strong as it fundamentally undermines their belief system. What would be the point of me answering these questions when they have already been answered a thousand times before and are freely and openly available to all? I suggest you spend more time marshalling your own flimsy arguments.

  14. #34

    Default

    So we ignore the propoganda, but yet you still continue to post, someone asks for some facts and you can't/wont give any because it would be a waste of time. I hate to tell you, your propaganda is a waste of time too!!

  15. #35

    Default

    By the way, 'we' are not trying to convice anyone of anything, you post propoganda and 'we' reply....It's simple really, stop posting and 'we' can stop shooting you down in flames

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    By the way, 'we' are not trying to convice anyone of anything, you post propoganda and 'we' reply....It's simple really, stop posting and 'we' can stop shooting you down in flames
    Utterly breathtaking hypocrisy. You really are living in a different world. At least you are "reasonably happy" though.

    Here are just a few of the threads which were originated by the zoomer community and which you presumably will claim contain no propaganda. It took about 30 seconds to produce this list. There were plenty of threads (sorry, propaganda statements) to choose from.

    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...tist-hypocrisy

    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ist-Arithmetic

    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...lmond-disgrace

    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...in-the-trough! Oh look that's one of yours.

    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...0-SNP-tantrums

    The propagandist-in-chief is responsible for most of these.

    It's simple really. You lot stop posting lies and misinformation then I'll leave you alone. For as long as you continue with your Unionist propaganda I'll be there pointing out your lies to everyone else.

  17. #37

    Default

    The 'one' I posted, lies and misinformation you say! If only you could hear me laughing right now!

  18. #38

    Default

    Well, if nothing else I appear to have moved you up a notch on your happiness index. Stick with me pal and in an independent Scotland you will be at "absolutely chuffed to bits" in no time.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Well, if nothing else I appear to have moved you up a notch on your happiness index. Stick with me pal and in an independent Scotland you will be at "absolutely chuffed to bits" in no time.
    More like absolutely sucked dry by Nicola in what is already the highest taxed part of the UK.
    If she had free reign we may as well all give up work or learn to enjoy the figurative shafting she will deliver.
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 23-Jan-20 at 11:17.
    W.A.T.P.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    More like absolutely sucked dry by Nicola in what is already the highest taxed part of the UK.
    If she had free reign we may as well all give up work or learn to enjoy the figurative shafting she will deliver.

    Reign being the operative word for Nicola Queen of Scots now that The Man Who Would Be King has been airbrushed from the scene.
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 23-Jan-20 at 11:17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •