Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: The Tories couldn't run a menage.

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    No, I want to know the answers!
    What will the currency be in an Independent Scotland? If it is the then that is not fiscal independence as that is controlled by the bank of England.
    If it is a 'new' currency then what will that be and what assets/ reserves are there to back it up?
    Scotland will be out of the UK and cannot automatically be re-admitted- it has to reapply and does not currently fulfil the 5 fiscal criteria set out by the EU. So how long will Scotland be out then and what is the currency meantime?
    If Scotland re-joins, then is it going to be the Euro?
    What will the England/ Scotland border be like and how will it be run and controlled?
    What passports will Scots have? I've had a UK passport all my life! I want to know!
    There's just a few for starters- there are others.
    These questions matter to all people living in Scotland, not least my children and grandchildren - young people whom you say you are speaking up for.
    I think the official line, Fulmar, is that "someone, somewhere will figure it out - sometime. In the meantime just get voting for independence"

    This is very much the case with Scotlands inability to join the EU due to its shockingly bad deficit. Apparently that's not an issue and Krankie simply plans to deal with it by growing the economy. Simples. I meantime plan to deal with my overdraft and credit card bills by growing a magic money tree.

  2. #42

    Default

    You have been quick enough to post up threads on here, Corky and if there were any among the thousands of references that you claim exist then you should have been the first to highlight them. Fact is that you can't as you don't have the answers and neither does Nicola Sturgeon, who when she was grilled on such matters during the general election campaign, became flustered and did not answer, I could post up the links to the interviews but ''But perhaps you have found them out and have chosen to disregard them as they pose a threat to what you hold dear''.
    I'm just one among the voting Scottish public. It would be nice to actually have some answers but perhaps folk like me will have to wait for whatever marvels appear on the SNP election blurb next year and we will have to hope that it is something better than someone's fantasy scrawl on the back of an (E) cigarette packet.

  3. #43

    Default

    Project fear is alive and kicking. Telling blatant lies to scare folks is a tactic that worked in IndyRef1. But then, if you have nothing positive to say about your own side then resorting to telling lies about the other side is probably your only recourse. This morally bankrupt approach, aided by a willing and compliant MSM, appears to be the only thing in Unionist armoury. Even yesterday it was confirmed that the most you can ever aspire to within this Union is to be "reasonably happy". Don't go getting above yourselves Scotland. We will decide how happy you are allowed to be. It's as if aspiration was a crime.


    So to hear the propagandist-in-chief of the Unionist zoomers claim that Scotland will not be allowed into the EU because of its "shockingly bad deficit" is no great surprise. You see, it was non-aspirational, zoomer unionists who decided that when it was established the Scottish Government was not allowed to run a deficit. Any deficit which is ever ascribed to Scotland is that which Westminster has decided is our share of the UK deficit. They didn't ask/consult the SG about this. They just assigned a percentage which surprise, surprise bears no relation to reality.


    The propagandist-in-chief knows all of this. But why let a blatant lie get in the way of a good scare story? Scaring folk worked last time so we'll keep doing it appears to be the approach.


    What way to defend a Union! Not a single positive reason for wishing to remain is ever given. Of course we all know, there aren't actually any positive reasons to remain and the zoomers also know this. So for the lack of anything positive to say they just tell lies in the hope that you will be scared into staying with the status quo.


    Oh, and at the same time the Unionist government will ignore the law and the clearly expressed decisions of all three devolved parliaments to withhold consent for the Brexit WAB and push ahead regardless. In this Union if you live in N.Ireland, Wales or Scotland you are an electoral irrelevance. All you are good for is the tax receipts you generate for Westminster to squander.

  4. #44

    Default

    Well,if Boris REALLY has broken the law, I'm sure your chum Cherry will be at the courts door first thing. If not, then perhaps no laws have been broken.

    Why can't you accept that many of us are happy with the status quo. I have everything I need in life, I can't think of a single positive thing independance would bring to my life.

    You really do have a bee in your bonnet and cannot accept that people might be content with their lives.

    I pity you.

  5. #45

    Default

    There was a general election just last month- correct? You agree that that happened, I take it? In that election, 55% of the votes cast were not, I repeat not for the SNP but for pro unionist parties and therefore not supportive of SNP policies, especially not, therefore, for independence. That is a fact. Which part of that do you not understand Corky?
    The nightmare scenario for the SNP is that at least some of the votes cast for the SNP were anti-Tory rather than pro independence. Even Nicola Sturgeon is on record as admitting that some who voted SNP may not support independence. So lets see what happens next year in Scotland's own elections as that is likely to be revealing. So how you can say what you say regarding tyranny is absolutely beyond me. We voted, we had a say. As for project fear, always was a load of rubbish and invented by the SNP. I've never been fearful of anything and still am not. If there were to be an indyref2 then I certainly don't fear it. I think it would be a gross waste of money and the culmination of lies and spin but certainly not afraid of it one bit.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    You have been quick enough to post up threads on here, Corky and if there were any among the thousands of references that you claim exist then you should have been the first to highlight them. Fact is that you can't as you don't have the answers and neither does Nicola Sturgeon, who when she was grilled on such matters during the general election campaign, became flustered and did not answer, I could post up the links to the interviews but ''But perhaps you have found them out and have chosen to disregard them as they pose a threat to what you hold dear''.
    I'm just one among the voting Scottish public. It would be nice to actually have some answers but perhaps folk like me will have to wait for whatever marvels appear on the SNP election blurb next year and we will have to hope that it is something better than someone's fantasy scrawl on the back of an (E) cigarette packet.

    Strange how your mind allows you to distort things when you are actively looking for reasons not to support something. Since announcing their intention to hold IndyRef1 the Scottish Government has produced huge amounts of literature explaining their position. As I seem to recall one of these was over 800 pages long. The SG even faced criticism from the environmental lobby for producing too much documentation. By sharp contrast the UK Government's papers on Brexit preparations amounted to little more than a pamphlet. Talk about back of a fag packet!! The hypocrisy is breathtaking. You know, fine well, that these SG documents exist. You probably even know where to find them but perhaps since they haven't actually been delivered to your door it conveniently affords you the opportunity to affect faux outrage and say your questions haven't been answered.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    There was a general election just last month- correct? You agree that that happened, I take it? In that election, 55% of the votes cast were not, I repeat not for the SNP but for pro unionist parties and therefore not supportive of SNP policies, especially not, therefore, for independence. That is a fact. Which part of that do you not understand Corky?
    The nightmare scenario for the SNP is that at least some of the votes cast for the SNP were anti-Tory rather than pro independence. Even Nicola Sturgeon is on record as admitting that some who voted SNP may not support independence. So lets see what happens next year in Scotland's own elections as that is likely to be revealing. So how you can say what you say regarding tyranny is absolutely beyond me. We voted, we had a say. As for project fear, always was a load of rubbish and invented by the SNP. I've never been fearful of anything and still am not. If there were to be an indyref2 then I certainly don't fear it. I think it would be a gross waste of money and the culmination of lies and spin but certainly not afraid of it one bit.
    Wow, we agree on something - there was a general election last month. However, it seems to have escaped you notice that in the election the SNP won 80% of all Scottish seats. This was an election, remember, where the Tories put the constitution front and centre. According to Carlaw Jackson the election was about Independence. And using the electoral system devised by Westminster the Scottish people showed clearly and decisively that they want the SNP to represent their interests.

    It's curious, however, that you conveniently forget that, at the GE, Boris Johnson only amassed 43.6% (and only 25.1% in Scotland) of the vote yet still gets to deny us a better future. Somehow that doesn't seem to matter to you. Just more hypocrisy.

  8. #48

    Default

    [QUOTE=Why can't you accept that many of us are happy with the status quo.[/QUOTE]

    Just about the most flimsy argument I have ever heard in favour of continuing the Union. You may be "reasonably happy" but there are a great many who are not. Your "I'm alright jack"; "devil take the hindmost" attitude does you little credit. Not a shred of humanity to be seen. I take it you weren't paying attention during bible class when the story of the good samaritan was being told. It's me who pities you.

  9. #49

    Default

    I have not forgotten and do not think that Boris has a mandate either as it happens. I'm very much for electoral reform. However, it was a Westminster election and last I looked, the SNP MPs have taken up their seats and making vigorous representations down at the Parliament (I presume). Still surprised that you haven't answered my original questions when it is such common knowledge, (according to you that is) and posted the links to where it is all set out. You, who have all the facts at your fingertips too- you do surprise me (not).
    However, that's me done posting on the topic as pointless right now.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    However, that's me done posting on the topic as pointless right now.
    Right I see. So unless I do your homework for you you are going to flounce off.

  11. #51

    Default

    Corky. I don't often resort to name calling, but I have to say you come across as quite pathetic.

    As they say on Dragons den.....I'm out....Have the board to yourself

  12. #52

    Default

    All it takes, Goodfellers, is one click;

    http://forum.caithness.org/profile.p...ignore&u=32233

    Well, maybe 2 - One on the above link, one on the confirm button.

    I did it last year sometime, and its well worth it.

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    However, it was a Westminster election and last I looked, the SNP MPs have taken up their seats and making vigorous representations down at the Parliament (I presume).
    Couldn't a lot of money be saved if, instead of sending 47 SNP MPs to Westminster to talk and vote in unison in accordance with their orders from on high, that just 1 gets sent with 47 voting rights? That would save an awful lot of travel expenses, hotel bills, hat and shoe allowances etc. I think I have yet to see any SNP MPs vote according to the wishes of their constituents, or even of their own will. Instead, they all troop through the same voting lobby, as if they are all shackled together in chains, and daren't be seperated.

  14. #54

    Default

    What an utterly pathetic bunch. Quite happy to dish out the dirt and insults when it suits you but when your lies are exposed you disappear into the shadows. Not one of you can come back with anything positive to say about your precious Union. Instead you indulge in ad hominem attacks and misogyny against the First Minister to disguise the fact that you are bereft of argument.

    Pretty much the Westminster model for dealing with the SNP. Ignore them. They'll go away and we can get back to being "reasonably happy".

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    What an utterly pathetic bunch. Quite happy to dish out the dirt and insults when it suits you but when your lies are exposed you disappear into the shadows
    Pot Kettle my friend.
    I am still awaiting you retraction and apology of accusing me of bigotry.
    To date I have seen nothing of the sort.
    W.A.T.P.

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Pot Kettle my friend.
    I am still awaiting you retraction and apology of accusing me of bigotry.
    To date I have seen nothing of the sort.
    Told you. Ad hominem attacks. It's all they've got.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Told you. Ad hominem attacks. It's all they've got.
    In this country we speak English, however I do believe it was you who struck the 1st blow on a persons character by making bigotry accusations was it not?
    Its not illegal to admit you were wrong, you may even feel a little better for it.
    In fact I have not made any attack on your character at all.
    W.A.T.P.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    In this country we speak English, however I do believe it was you who struck the 1st blow on a persons character by making bigotry accusations was it not?
    Its not illegal to admit you were wrong, you may even feel a little better for it.
    In fact I have not made any attack on your character at all.
    All right, I'll bite. I DID NOT accuse you of bigotry. At no point did I use the word bigot in any context during our exchange. All I did was question your public allegiances - see here http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ship-of-the-EU

    And, if you read the posts in question you will see very clearly that you have made an attack on my character - Dec 8 2019 @ 17.02. I tell you what, if you apologise and retract your insult we will say no more about it.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    All right, I'll bite. I DID NOT accuse you of bigotry. At no point did I use the word bigot in any context during our exchange. All I did was question your public allegiances - see here http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ship-of-the-EU

    And, if you read the posts in question you will see very clearly that you have made an attack on my character - Dec 8 2019 @ 17.02. I tell you what, if you apologise and retract your insult we will say no more about it.
    Aah yes I am sorry, you accused me of being sectarian which I would class as worse.
    I didnt make an attack on your character, it was more of an observation on you in general due to you unfounded and unsubstantiated claims that I am sectarian.
    And to be fair, there is a fair body of evidence in here that you are a fully paid up, card carrying walloper
    Last edited by mi16; 23-Jan-20 at 18:22.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •