Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tories couldn't run a menage.

Are you THAT worried, that you need to post stories from 2018?

I guess that at least you are not one to discount reports from what appears to be called 'MSM' which distinguishes you from other strongly SNP orientated posters on here.

Corky....just GOT to say this

Is that TRUE or did you read it on the BBC

I thought Porky had gone back to hibernation after the GE but nice to see him still around and spouting shyte from the Nickla bookie. I just noticed the other day that being critical of Porky results in bad rep from Maggie. How does that work then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    I thought Porky had gone back to hibernation after the GE but nice to see him still around and spouting shyte from the Nickla bookie. I just noticed the other day that being critical of Porky results in bad rep from Maggie. How does that work then ?
    You too? I thought it was just me. What I find insulting is he/she thinks we are idiots.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	35083

What I find insulting is he/she thinks we are idiots.

You are idiots, but you know that already! You must be because you think the Union is worth preserving even when it is quite obvious it is in its death throes.

OK Goodfellers, I'll take the bait. If you are doing any form of linguistic analysis of various posts then you are doing it wrong. If you are paying anyone else or have bought some form of software to do it for you then you have been diddled. If you are attempting to show your prowess at data analysis you have failed. But, you appear to derive some infantile enjoyment from this charade. Far be it from me to deprive a child from its toy so please continue with it. After all it just makes you and your fellow zoomers look more idiotic with each passing day.

I'm not sure what your aim is, Corky, in posting but if it to influence folks' views then have to say, in my experience, it is not likely to happen by insulting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    What I find insulting is he/she thinks we are idiots.

You are idiots, but you know that already! You must be because you think the Union is worth preserving even when it is quite obvious it is in its death throes.

OK Goodfellers, I'll take the bait. If you are doing any form of linguistic analysis of various posts then you are doing it wrong. If you are paying anyone else or have bought some form of software to do it for you then you have been diddled. If you are attempting to show your prowess at data analysis you have failed. But, you appear to derive some infantile enjoyment from this charade. Far be it from me to deprive a child from its toy so please continue with it. After all it just makes you and your fellow zoomers look more idiotic with each passing day.
    Obviously there are two Porkers at work here, one posting dredged up rubbish as directed by Old Boot House or the other posting as Porky where his personal animosity and character comes to the surface.

Excuse me butting in, but are these critics arguing that all these conservative projects and polices have not run over budget and are in fact roaring successes; please clarify.
    Last edited by Gronnuck; 21-Jan-20 at 10:16.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

It must be very frustrating in 'your world' Corky.

To live in a country where the majority disagree with your vision and no matter what 'evidence' you gather and show the uneducated fools, they still wont vote the way you want them to.

My software (and hardware) are working just fine Corky my friend, but thank you for your kind permission to carry on with my infantile enjoyment.

Ps When's Maggie going to start posting again, must be imminent?

Ah, the world according to the Unionist zoomer.

They get all upset because they think that I think they are idiots because they think I have multiple accounts and am unwilling to acknowledge that they have found this out. This, they feel, makes them feel clever and superior.

The reality is, of course, as it always is with the most zoomiest of zoomers, quite the reverse. The people who have really been insulted are the other account holders whose good names and integrity have been called into question by the idiots who wrongly attribute their posts to me. They have done nothing to merit your vitriol.

Get a grip Fulmar. As with so many of your ilk it would appear that it is ok to insult the other side but terribly bad form to have it done to you.

As for Goodfellers it is frustrating in my world because my world is one where the people in one part of the country vote but other people in another part tell them their vote doesn't count. That tends never to end well for the people in the other part.

Corky....I bet your blood pressure is through the roof! Try to calm down, I find multiple accounts amusing, I don't think anything I've posted could be classed as 'vitriol'

I know it must be frustrating to keep posting all this information, yet I doubt you have persuaded any unionist to 'switch sides'. You will not sway me with emotion, as a retiree I'm interested in economics. I've worked hard all my life to be debt free and have a decent pension, I spent a reasonable amount of time in southern Britain (I thought you might like that reference) so I do not want a separate currency that could fluctuate wildly, I want stability. For me, life is good, why would I want anything to change?

Corky, unless some Unionists change sides, you are not going to achieve your aim any time soon so I would have thought polite persuasion was the way to go.

Yes, yes. I'll just go away, calm down and not rock your "reasonably happy" boat. This whole issue is not about you and your "reasonably happy" life now that you are retired (as am I incidentally). It is about our kids and grandkids. They deserve a better outlook than an isolated, inward-looking; xenophobic, conservative, "reasonably happy" UK (although I really mean England).

It's about not being selfish and having an "I'm all right jack" attitude so why should I change. This movement is about the future and it is wrong for you to deny anyone the right to choose that for themselves just because you are "reasonably happy" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Corky, unless some Unionists change sides, you are not going to achieve your aim any time soon so I would have thought polite persuasion was the way to go.
    Why have the words "pots" and "kettles" suddenly sprung to mind?

We (the Scottish majority) have chosen and we are 'reasonable happy'.

I'm sorry to say the vast majority of people put themselves and their family first (that's only natural), so yes, 'I'm alright jack' does apply to me. I'm guessing you're not so happy with your lot in life. Jeremy Corbyn found out that the UK is not really a left leaning country and the SNP politic is definitely left leaning, some would say too far left.

Nobody has denied you anything, we had our vote. Just because you and the SNP didn't get the result you wanted, you can't keep on demanding another vote until you get the result you want, well you can, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. I've no doubt there will be a second referendum, but I hope not for a fair few years. Come the revolution you can get out your little red book and start rounding up the traitors that don't have the same vision as you did.

We (the Scottish majority) have rejected the Tories for decades but still we have their governments foisted upon us. We (the Scottish majority) rejected Brexit but it is still being forced upon us. If, somehow, out of that you can glean that people are "reasonably happy" then just wait a wee while until Tory policies begin to bite and the real implications of Brexit are hitting home. The happiness index will be down at something like "totally, completely and utterly pis*ed off".

I detect a trend emerging in these threads. All votes won by Unionists must be respected and are binding regardless of whether pre-vote promises are ever enacted and manifestos turn out to be catalogues of lies. All votes won by Separatists must be challenged and deemed inadmissible in terms of mandate. The Tories made GE 2019 in Scotland all about independence. They rarely spoke or wrote about anything else. Indeed, Jackson Carlaw made the election into a vote on independence. When he lost more than 50% of the Tory's seats in Scotland and the SNP won more than 80% of all Scottish seats he conveniently forgot all of that; moved the goalposts and said winning 80% of seats is not enough for a mandate on indy. He did that having effectively called the GE a vote on the Scottish constitution.

So, when you say no-one has denied us anything I take it you forgot about the fact that we were promised a vote for "Yes" in IndyRef1 would be a vote to leave the EU when the reverse was true. Did you also forget about "The Vow" which promised us federalism within 2 years. Perhaps it slipped your mind that a bigger percentage of voters in Scotland voted for Indy than UK voters voted for Boris. You expect us to be "reasonably happy" that we are just continually sh*t upon from a great height.

You can be as selfish as you wish - that is your choice. Just be aware that your selfishness now has huge implications for younger generations. You and I will not be around to see it all pan out but the currently "reasonably happy" will be the ones to whom future historians assign blame. You are be on the wrong side of history my "reasonably happy" friend. I hope you can live with your conscience.

You have such a pessimistic view of everything. That is really sad.

You sound like one of Donald Trumps 'Prophets of Doom'.............I don't beleive the world or Scotland are going down the pan, maybe that's because I'm a more optimistically minded person.

As I said earlier, it must be really galling to you, to list all Westminster's 'failures' towards Scotland, and still unionist parties get more votes than seperatists……...what is going on, are we all just plain stupid?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	35086 maybe this sums up your view of the Scottish electorate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast