Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Spare Car Key

Default Spare Car Key

Is there anywhere in Caithness that could cut and program a spare car key please ?

what car
    model
    year

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Think auto parts up ormlie do it now

Thanks folks, no luck at Autoparts, dx its a 2013 Citroen Berlingo with the triple button key cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Thanks folks, no luck at Autoparts, dx its a 2013 Citroen Berlingo with the triple button key cheers.
    Is it just a key to open the door manually and start the vehicle or do you need the three button opener as well?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Hi Kevin, i would prefer the three button remote and programmed if only to stop the immobiliser/alarm getting its knickers in a twist but as an emergency spare getting the door opened and engine started would be fine.

First you need to get a key cut Either from a dealership or an online key cutter, This is done from the vin number of the vehicle, A dealership require proof of ownership for ovbious reasons, some of the online do not. You then need to have the key programed by some one with Renault clip diagnostic tool.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Hi Kevin, i would prefer the three button remote and programmed if only to stop the immobiliser/alarm getting its knickers in a twist but as an emergency spare getting the door opened and engine started would be fine.
    We have a reader at Birons in Wick that does about 82% of car keys and I think my work colleague Ryan has cut and chipped that key before. Bring it in after the holidays, we are open on Friday the 3rd.

Thanks Kevin, will do, it’ll be towards the middle of the month though, cheers.