Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobs Wanted / Services Offered Forum Section NEW SECTION NOW SET UP

Excellent news. I hope they pay particular attention to parking within a couple of feet of the stop lines at the lights at Bridge Street and the Thurso Street / Francis Street junctions.

Aside from that, this Jobs Wanted section seems to work well. No sooner is an enquiry made, and the post is filled.

orkneycadian, you have a wicked sense of humour, you have given me a couple of laughs today (honestly) and it is refreshing from the crap I read on twitter.

New section now set up now set up
    http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisp...-and-Community

It replaces the Volunteering Opportunities that was hardly being used. Any post for that heading can now go in the general section or sent to me for the Community pages as many often are already.

Bill, thanks, I hope it becomes a success for the forum and people using it.

The post office thread comes to mind. Use it or lose it. 17 days and 1 post. Not really the huge demand that was portrayed earlier in this thread.

Niall, not many people use this forum any longer - from memory this started with the last SNP fuelled independence debates that got a bit heated on this forum and you kicked a lot of the more colourful members off the forum. You were correct on ensuring the discussion was moderate and personal attacks did not happen, you could have done this with a suspension rather than stopping the debate and removing members. So now the debate is on twitter or facebook.

If you look at all your forum sections most are no longer used. The first forum post on the Services offered section was interesting and potentially useful to me, and possible others. So your threat to remove it is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The problem with the Business section is the News spambot keeps pushing any local business adverts down. Any chance of shifting the Postspamnewsbotmachine to its own "News" thread?

Brian

Very true and good point Brain I have tried putting something on and a day later its vanished

Default Services

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    A better title might be Community Services Offered/Wanted.

I have some services I could offer for free or in exchange.
    Hello Aqua, may I enquire as to what services you have/supply. Can you contact me through the PM messaging site. Kind regards.
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12