Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jobs Wanted / Services Offered Forum Section NEW SECTION NOW SET UP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jobs Wanted / Services Offered Forum Section NEW SECTION NOW SET UP

Just a suggestion, how about adding a Jobs Wanted / Services Offered Forum Section. I am sure the forum members would find this helpful if people could also list services offered.

It does happen occasionally. A separate section where you could advertise what is being offered - gardening, plumbing, computer support etc would be useful for people looking to sell their services or gain employment.

I do realise that there is a business listing section, I am suggesting a place where individuals rather than established business could promote their skills and services and people could advertise work on offer - in a private capacity.

I think this is a good suggestion.

A Jobs Wanted section has been suggested several times over the years. The problem is that employers do not look for staff that way. They expect people looking for work to respond to their vacancy ads. We do not want to create more work to continually review those type of ads.

For - "gardening, plumbing, computer support etc would be useful for people looking to sell their services or gain employment". Basically this is self employment and people already advertise their services in our business section www.caithness-business.co.uk and anyone can add a page for free by completing the from at https://caithness-business.co.uk/submit_details.php
    There is complete mix of long established business to part -time to new businesses - many of whom do not have premises but work from home.
    So a new section would merely be repeating what is already there meaning anyone looking for a service has to look in two places rather than one.

The business page also allows links at any time to a new website or facebook page that can have updates.

We also offer to add any business articles for free that can link to the business page but few people seem to send us anything about their business offerings.

We have always tried to help Caithness businesses by offering as many services as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    The problem is that employers do not look for staff that way. They expect people looking for work to respond to their vacancy ads.
    I wish somebody would tell the Job Centre that.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

The problem with the Business section is the News spambot keeps pushing any local business adverts down. Any chance of shifting the Postspamnewsbotmachine to its own "News" thread?

Brian

Link set as my Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The problem with the Business section is the News spambot keeps pushing any local business adverts down. Any chance of shifting the Postspamnewsbotmachine to its own "News" thread?

Brian

Very true and good point Brain I have tried putting something on and a day later its vanished

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    The problem is that employers do not look for staff that way. They expect people looking for work to respond to their vacancy ads.
    A bit like people applying for their jobs expecting a reply from them but it never happens....

I think a new job section would be great, Yossa had the right idea in the 1980,'s
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ZjEi2UsQPdkPjl

At least he tried.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Bill, I’m sorry to write this, but your arguments are very wrong!

Take a look at all the December posts in the business section you linked to. There isn’t a single post that’s remotely relevant to Richardj’s suggestion! Who in their right mind would look in the business section for a school kid offering grass cutting services or a student offering informal computing skills or fixing a PC?

We (or at least I) are thinking of skills and community building, not setting up formal businesses. Community spirit is in short measure these days, surely our community website shouldn’t forbid it!

i don’t think I’m exaggerating (much) here. Surely this site should be more like Gumtree than a Highlands and Islands Enterprise corporate website.