Christmas is a time to celebrate family and friends ( present and passed) but this year is different as Westminster politics cast the shadow of fear over everything .
Looking back I can hear the words of my father ( how served in WW2 and was a 21 year veteran) " I fought alongside others that laid down their lives for this ". He fought so people had the right to choose and live without FEAR ,near 75 years later and nothing has changed . We learn nothing and by doing so pass on a Christmas gift of apathy and servitude to Westminster rule. I'm ashamed of my generation that puts me ( the individual ) above we ( the people) . If my father and others had taken this attitude a different flag would be flying overhead and things would be very different . We will never have the gratitude of generations to come as my fathers generation has , just a line in history saying " they feared everything for no reason ,give nothing, allowed the cruel to rule unopposed , bankrupted society of its moral fortitude and leave nothing for the generations that follow". The soul and light of those who have gone before and fought for freedom extinguish by a Tory and unionist ideal long dead. 2019