Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LibDems spamming

Default LibDems spamming

Has any one else been bombarded with leaflets from the LibDems? I'm not just talking about leaflets put through the door by local supporters, I mean leaflets actually addressed and sent through the post. I've lost count of how many I've had and I'm getting more than a little peed off with it.
    If at first you don't succeed...................

....erase all evidence that you even tried

Yep, loads of them, was considering voting for them but not any more. As well as the spamming the main issue that changed my mind was all the negative campaigning over Scottish Independence.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Received several Lib Dem letters - marked them “return to sender” and sent them back.

We also have received many leaflets - but alas if they would make any difference it's to late as we have a postal vote and it went in on the day it arrived. Seriously is anyone influenced how to vote by any leaflets arriving in the letterbox.

6 leaflets and 2 letters personally addressed to me to date, the latest one from Jamie Stone. They all adorned the bottom of my recycling bin. I have issues with a Scottish based political party banging on about saving jobs in Scotland when they use English based printers to print their leaflets.

The Labour leaflet arrived today, not impressed with the errors.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	labour.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	34986

We have also had multiple copies of the same political leaflets, what a waste of money and paper.

Regarding the Lib Dems, we have voted for them for over 11 years, not again due to their policies and the obnoxious leader.

Shouldn't this be in the Politics section?

Can hardly call the Libdems political, their leaflets peddling little more that a hate campaign against the SNP,
    Mr.Stone has gotten comfortable up here in the north and does not want to lose that position..and of what they are going to do..has /is being done done already,
    Too many leaflets, junk mail no more,
    they are a waste of space and its time they were gone.

Just had THREE from Lib Dems this morning, advising me to vote tactically. Also had an email from this group https://www.scotlandinunion.co.uk/tactical-voting-2019

I put my postcode in and it advises Lib Dems! My conservative views are well documented on this site, but for the very first time in my life am going to vote Lib Dems....now I've got to go and lay down somewhere dark and rest!

Add ANOTHER 5!!!!! 5 more delivered today! 2 letters, 1 from Willie Rennie, the other form Mike Smithson (whooo??) and three leaflets. This is getting beyond a joke now!

Just had more election leaflets including a personally addressed letter from a Mike Smithson - who claims to be a Polling and Election Expert, telling me that to stop the SNP is for Conservative and Labour voters to vote Liberal Democrats. In small letters at the bottom of the letter is "on behalf of the Liberal Democrats, 8-10 Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AE. So now the Lib Dems are getting a so called "expert" to tell me to vote for them if I want to stop the SNP.

If you look at Mr Smithson's twitter https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB account he says he is a gambler and runs a website advising on the best bets to place for the next election. Is this letter from a gambler who bets on who will win parliamentary seats simply not illegal? It is immoral in my opinion for the Lib Dems to use him and to send this letter out, they have permanently lost my vote.

If you were planning to vote Lib Dem - just remember what they did in coalition, they sold their souls. The policies they are putting forward and the blatant lies they have told are not ones I want implemented. Vote for the party you believe in, whether this is Scottish Labour, the Conservatives, the SNP, or even the Lib Dems if you actually believe in their policies. Please do not follow the idea that tactical voting is good, it is not.

And yet ANOTHER TWO!!! arrived today in the post. Is this some kind of sick joke by the limp lettuces to try and brainwash us all into reading only their junk mail? I've posted a comment to Jamie Stone on his twitter account about this too but he hasn't bothered to reply to it. I'm just about to stick a notice on my letterbox telling the postie i do not want anymore of this trash posted through it

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    And yet ANOTHER TWO!!! arrived today in the post. Is this some kind of sick joke by the limp lettuces to try and brainwash us all into reading only their junk mail? I've posted a comment to Jamie Stone on his twitter account about this too but he hasn't bothered to reply to it. I'm just about to stick a notice on my letterbox telling the postie i do not want anymore of this trash posted through it
    Cut out your details and send leaflet back to LieDems in a plain (unstamped) envelope. They will then have to pay postage & a surcharge
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Today, another piece of junk mail from the Lib Dems arrived. Just watched Politics Live on BBC and any hope that Lib Dems would ever get my vote again has just disappeared, a totally awful interview with the Depute Lib Dem leader. I just hope the Raving Monster Loony Party is standing in Caithness and Sutherland, a better choice than the Lib Dems - https://www.omrlp.com/

In all the garbage I have received from LieDems not once do they explain why they abstained on the vote to stop any future privatisation of the NHS
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

There was an answer in last Friday's Groat from Jamie Stone. It was because it was all tied in with social care- repealing what was in place without any new plan for provision of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    There was an answer in last Friday's Groat from Jamie Stone. It was because it was all tied in with social care- repealing what was in place without any new plan for provision of this.
    The John O' Groats Journal has a circulation of 4,635 https://www.abc.org.uk/product/3473

The Caithness constituency in the last election had more than 47,000 electors, most of whom I assume have now received at least 6 mailings/leaflets from Lie Dems, yet in none of these is there any mention of why they abstained from voting against this Bill
    Something to hide from the 43,000 who don't read the JOG Journal perhaps

I really couldn't say, just reporting what was said in the paper by Jamie Stone (my understanding of it at least). I think it would have been better for them if they had explained it in their leaflets but there it is. I believe that other parties abstained on that vote as well?

I suppose we have to hand it to them this side of 'e watter. They are the only party thats made any effort to attract attention. Not one iota from the other 5 parties / candidates.

Tactical voting worked then. All that leafleting paid off. I for one wouldn't have voted for Stone without considering the tactical vote. Very close though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast