Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Near Me or Dear Me service

Default Near Me or Dear Me service

Has anyone in Caithness had success in getting an NHS Near Me appointment or is the service mainly reserved for those who live in Inverness ?

Yes, one about a year ago at the hospital & 2 at home. Very successful

Never heard of it, what is it?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default Near Me

It is an NHS video conferencing service which has been set up to avoid patients having to travel long distances to consultations when there is not going to be any treatment during the appointment.
    Unfortunately I have found that some NHS staff appear to be reluctant to use the service. This has, in the past resulted in the journey to Raigmore (130 miles), an hour in a waiting room, a fifteen minute consultation and the journey home, a very long day. It's enough to make you ill !

My wife hada "Near Me" Wick which was flawless, with no delay between her speaking and consultant replying.
    Would highly recommend to anyone who does not fancy a 6 hour drive ( plus parking issues) to Raigmore
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/