Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Be afraid Scotland; be very afraid.

Dear Corky/Maggie.

Re the geography lesson,....could you remind me of the SNP position on Catalan independence...a region of Spain, not a seperate country.

PS if you are not one and the same, then I think you have an admirer that writes in the same style, using similar terminology and leaves me negative marks when I spat with you. The funny thing is, I assign a 'voice' to posters on here and when I read Maggie's first post it was in your voice, how weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Dear Corky/Maggie.

Re the geography lesson,....could you remind me of the SNP position on Catalan independence...a region of Spain, not a seperate country.

PS if you are not one and the same, then I think you have an admirer that writes in the same style, using similar terminology and leaves me negative marks when I spat with you. The funny thing is, I assign a 'voice' to posters on here and when I read Maggie's first post it was in your voice, how weird!
    I cannot comment upon your first point since I didn't post anything on geography.

On your second point I can only reiterate what I said earlier. I am not Maggie.

Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Thanks for the lesson Corky....sorry Maggie (must be a real nuisance logging in and out!
    Doesn't this forum have a policy on sock puppet accounts?

This makes me very afraid;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50657846

General election 2019: SNP pledges 'could mean more austerity' - IFS

Interesting article......I think you could change the word 'could' to 'will' mean more austerity

Mr Phillips argued that the document was not a manifesto but instead about "starting the process of leaving the UK in the next year".

Well,well, what a surprise.

I wonder who will get hit with the tax increases, anyone not earning minimum wage would be my guess!

This headline explains it a little further;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...d=tmg_share_fb

Nicola Sturgeon 'humiliated' as IFS says SNP manifesto means more austerity for independent Scotland than under Tories

A quote from the article:-

"The IFS has previously said that the spending pledges of both the Conservatives and Labour ahead of the election were "not credible", and accused both parties of not being honest with voters"

Now now Porky, is that what is called "deflection" in Nasty Party circles ? Apologies, should I be referring to Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    Now now Porky, is that what is called "deflection" in Nasty Party circles ? Apologies, should I be referring to Maggie
    Hunting in packs tonight, I see. Nothing like an ad hominem attack when you have absolutely no credible arguments.

By the way, who is Porky?

Maggie or Porky, whats the ifference ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie747 View Post
    A geography lesson is needed. See if you can keep up.
    The United Kingdom is made up of countries who are united together by a treaty. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. (In no particular order)
    These are 4 distinct countries. So for this simple Geography lesson, lets just say the UK is made up of four Countries.
    A country is made up of regions or areas.
    Within these regions or areas we have cities, towns, villages, hamlets etc.
    Are you following?
    Sometimes people become confused by this and try to compare a region or area with a country. For example; comparing Yorkshire; a region to Scotland a country.
    Another example; comparing a Scottish Island region to Scotland, the whole country. Many people also confuse a city with a country, for example comparing London; a city, to Scotland; a country.

More Geography lessons by request
    And your point is?

If I were a bouncer in 'e Spoons, and you were a customer who was being a pain in the a*se, then I would chuck you out. You would be, dragged out against your will, like it or loath it. That you are not a country, does not stop you being dragged out against your will. No, as a mere mortal, you would, Magnus lad, be sitting on your a*se on the paving slabs outside, regretting the fact that the said wet paving slab was now soaking through your breeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    Blimmin flip. Does that mean I need to add Maggie747 to the ignore list as well as Corky Smeek?

Wow. Really losing it tonight guys. Sounds like it's not just Goodfellers who is hearing "voices".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234