Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caithness FM

I was a run south earlier this week, and its good now how the RDS on the radio works as it should. Seamlessly keeps you on MFR as you go all the way from Inverness to Thurso, hopping and skipping frequencies as required. Before, having Caithness FM broadcast their RDS station name after 7 pm seemed to flummox the RDS, which just reverted to staying on a hissy frequency, till you manually retuned it to 97.4

i could never pick anything up on 97.4
    I dont listen to the radio much though, im more of a podcast person
    W.A.T.P.

CFM management have drove a new presenter away by not making her feel welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    She does still present two shows for other radio stations (if we are thinking of the same person). It seems CFM want to keep Caithness as it's always been. No progress allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    Did the same to Tugmistress as well, back when she was doing the Friday night rock show.

Just realised that we've never had Caithness FM on here for about 6 weeks now. Radio has been sat on 102.5 still. I think it was retuned one Sunday evening when Caithness FM interrupted the top 40, and its never gone back since. Wonder how its doing?

Since they moved to 106.5 and started playing over the last hour of the top 40 on a Sunday, I must say I had actually completely forgotten about Caithness FM, and the radio never shifts off 102.5 these days. But I am reminded of them every time MFR plays that terrible advert for Jaki's Chip Shop in Muir of Ord. First of all, I thought it was a spoof, it was so bad, but they are still playing it so I am coming to the conclusion its real. Its worse than some of the adverts we used to hear on Caithness FM and thats saying something. I think its a combination of the cheesy synthesised bagpipes, the Weegie singing it and terrible lyrics. I am sure Jaki makes a mean fish and chips, but please, someone record her a better advert.

Haha must admit that advert gets under my skin.
    So much so that we looked up where Jackie’s chippy was.
    We haven’t ate there but I guess it’s made at least you and I take notice of it, we won’t be the only ones so the ad is doing its job.

God, apparantly its on demand.....

https://en-gb.facebook.com/jaki.chip...6463117532945/

And it would appear that the bagpipes are not synthesised, but played for real by a pair of lasses each with good pairs of lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    God, apparantly its on demand.....

https://en-gb.facebook.com/jaki.chip...6463117532945/

And it would appear that the bagpipes are not synthesised, but played for real by a pair of lasses each with good pairs of lungs.
    I watched, listened and concur completely with your statement. Well said.
    Even the chips looked good! Ahhhhh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12