Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hopefully in the right place!

Default Hopefully in the right place!

Wondering if anyone has bought a plot and built a residential log cabin home on it as a permanent home .?Wick area? It's an option I'd be interested in..Land with services are cheap enough as iv seen a few plots.. Not sure if the local council are keen on these things.. A few Scottish cabin sellers say no planning.. Or planning friendly the cabin homes are..? You reckon the planning dept are best to talk to in the first instance..? Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ndodge4 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has bought a plot and built a residential log cabin home on it as a permanent home .?Wick area? It's an option I'd be interested in..Land with services are cheap enough as iv seen a few plots.. Not sure if the local council are keen on these things.. A few Scottish cabin sellers say no planning.. Or planning friendly the cabin homes are..? You reckon the planning dept are best to talk to in the first instance..? Thanks Steve
    If you search on the highland council planning portal for "log cabin" you'll find a number of applications throughout the region, and their outcomes.

In my experience, there's little point in speaking to the planning department without applying for planning permission in principle first.

You can find guidance on the type of development they will allow via their website, again, in my experience, they can be quite strict.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Thanks. Will have a look now.. Planning in principle on 1 plot.. And full planning on another. Cheers

And don't forget your £140.00 fee to ask a question and be prepared to wait six weeks for an answer.

Haha.. Kevin.. I will. Ask the longest question ever
    r in that case.. Get ma moneys worth.. My place is up for sale tomorrow.. So I will be seeing you soon

Your planning permission/permission in principle should give you details of what they are allowing.

Many areas of the "hinterland" require houses to meet traditional shapes/sizes and construction types - roof pitch/materials etc and wall finishings etc.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Good luck with your PIP. Be aware that in addition to the normal PIP fee (usually £400 - £500) you will be required to pay a developer contribution for Highland Council infrastructure. In my case it was £700 extra which was not made known to me until my PIP was approved. I refused to pay this outrageous additional amount so the application was refused. The Planning dept. didn't have the courtesy to inform me about the refusal personally - I had to find out months later when I logged on to their website.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

Hi kevin.. My place is sold.. 1 day on market.. Me and pups coming up Monday an Tuesday to view a few places.. Will pop in to see you Monday wi the pups ����

Quote Originally Posted by Ndodge4 View Post
    Hi kevin.. My place is sold.. 1 day on market.. Me and pups coming up Monday an Tuesday to view a few places.. Will pop in to see you Monday wi the pups ����

Look forward to seeing you and you pups again Steve, hope the trip North works out well for you.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Cheers Kevin Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200811_171755_com.facebook.katana.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	35329