Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lib Dem (and media) Hypocrisy

Default Lib Dem (and media) Hypocrisy

I see Jo Swinson is still campaigning to have a second EU referendum. A few months back she spent a long and lonely night thinking of lots and lots of arguments why this should be the case. And then someone from the media said, "Well if you support EUref II then those arguments surely mean you support Indyref II". "Oh no", said Jo, "we won Indyref I but we lost EUref I. That makes all the difference. "Oh that's right, said the media person, no further awkward questions".

The conservatives love the Labour and Lib Dem position on Brexit. Lets Hope Nigel doesn't take many of the 'leavers' votes. Should be a good win for Boris on the 12th December. This will be a one issue election.

Conservatives might do better than expected in Scotland too. Just over a million leave voters only have one party to vote for, add that to the traditional conservative voters, could be interesting.

Hopefully enough votes to put an end to all referendums for the foreseeable future

You are right, some things never change. This article is as relevent today as it was in the run up to the last 'once in a generation' referendum!

Ps, now I know where you get your quotes from. https://nupateer.com/21-out-of-a-hun...-to-mislead-us

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    "Well if you support EUref II then those arguments surely mean you support Indyref II". "Oh no", said Jo, "we won Indyref I but we lost EUref I. That makes all the difference.
    This is the same kind of hypocrisy that Wee Krankie likes to use.

In 2016, Krankie says that Scotland voted to stay in the EU and cannot be dragged out against its will - This despite the fact tat 2 years before, Scotland voted to stay in the UK.

In that 2014 referendum, Orkney and Shetland voted overwhelmingly to stay in the UK. In fact, most areas of Scotland, just not as overwhelmingly as Orkney did with 67.2% "NO". Now, if the vote in the Central Belt had been a little higher, and tipped Yes across the line, would Krankie and her alleged sex pest predecessor have then said "Well, we would like to leave the UK, but we cannot drag Orkney out against its wiil"? Not a hope. We would have been dragged out with a much higher "against our willness" that Scotland and the EU

This question was put to Krankie in the run up to the 2016 Scottish election, through their local candidate. Her response? Scotland is a country, Orkney and Shetland aren't, so that argument doesn't count"

Be afraid Orkney and Shetland, be very afraid.....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    This is the same kind of hypocrisy that Wee Krankie likes to use.

In 2016, Krankie says that Scotland voted to stay in the EU and cannot be dragged out against its will - This despite the fact tat 2 years before, Scotland voted to stay in the UK.

In that 2014 referendum, Orkney and Shetland voted overwhelmingly to stay in the UK. In fact, most areas of Scotland, just not as overwhelmingly as Orkney did with 67.2% "NO". Now, if the vote in the Central Belt had been a little higher, and tipped Yes across the line, would Krankie and her alleged sex pest predecessor have then said "Well, we would like to leave the UK, but we cannot drag Orkney out against its wiil"? Not a hope. We would have been dragged out with a much higher "against our willness" that Scotland and the EU

This question was put to Krankie in the run up to the 2016 Scottish election, through their local candidate. Her response? Scotland is a country, Orkney and Shetland aren't, so that argument doesn't count"

Be afraid Orkney and Shetland, be very afraid.....

Your utterly disgusting and misogynist rhetoric means that until you moderate your tone and return to a civilised level of discourse I shall not legitimise your ranting by responding to any of them in this thread or any other.
    Last edited by Corky Smeek; 10-Nov-19 at 15:21.

Thats good. Should simplify things a little.

I personally looking forward to the trial of the alleged "master misogynist" in this thread come the 21st of November.

A little bird from the legal profession informs me that he may be accused of having his fingers in a few more pies in the coming week. Thank goodness he left the Party before his big day in court.