Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Council elections in Thurso

Default Community Council elections in Thurso

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that 19 people are standing for 13 seats in the elections for Thurso Community Council. Long may the town be a fountain of democracy!

Constrastingly, only 7 people were nominated in Wick, where no election is needed.

There are a good few weel kent faces and names on the Thurso list, including some who post on here. Good luck to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to discover that 19 people are standing for 13 seats in the elections for Thurso Community Council. Long may the town be a fountain of democracy!

Constrastingly, only 7 people were nominated in Wick, where no election is needed.

There are a good few weel kent faces and names on the Thurso list, including some who post on here. Good luck to you all!
    Where can you find the members list?

am one of the people standing for the community council

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    am one of the people standing for the community council
    GOOD LUCK, nice to see some younger folk getting involved instead of George Dunnet turning up to the TCC meeting eyeing up his next customers .

Good luck in the elections!

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    GOOD LUCK, nice to see some younger folk getting involved instead of George Dunnet turning up to the TCC meeting eyeing up his next customers .
    And good luck yourself dozy

Who gets to vote in Community Council elections? I’ve never voted in one and I don’t recall ever being sent a polling card.

Who gets to vote in Community Council elections? I’ve never voted in one and I don’t recall ever being sent a polling card.
    Following the close of the Nominations on Tuesday, 29 October and the withdrawal period for persons seeking election to the Community Council’s and the outcome following nominations

• 16 Community Councils received more nominations than their maximum membership, which means that a postal ballot will now take place. (Ballot papers will be posted out on Friday, 15 November and must be returned by 12noon Wednesday, 4 December 2019.

Thanks Bill. Does everyone on the electoral register receive a ballot paper?

yes everyone in the Thurso area

i would appreciate your support and votes thanks

Thanks Bill. Does everyone on the electoral register receive a ballot paper?
    Yes all registered voters will get a ballot paper for a postal vote in the community council election for Thurso and any other areas where there are more than enough candidates to fill the positions.

It may be new to many voters as community councils do not always attract enough candidates for an an election to be held. This is the case for most of the Highland community councils once again.
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 10-Nov-19 at 17:01.

Thanks! I don’t recall any previous elections for Thurso’s community council. Have there ever been any?

Couple of names on that list make me shudder to think of them being elected.
    Some good ones there too though

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Couple of names on that list make me shudder to think of them being elected.
    Some good ones there too though

Care to share?

I'd like to know more about the candidates & if they are putting themselves up for election they should be open to scrutiny.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Care to share?

I'd like to know more about the candidates & if they are putting themselves up for election they should be open to scrutiny.

Im sure they are all above board and in it for the right reasons.
    W.A.T.P.

Happy Birthday to Mr P Cannop! Good luck in the elections!

There are a good few I would definitely vote for, a few I probably wouldn’t vote for, and a few I don’t know, or know anything about.

Congratulations to everyone who was elected!

Commiserations Mr P Cannop - Very close though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast