Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scot Rail

Default Scot Rail

We read so much in the newspapers about the poor service we receive from Scot Rail. Last Saturday we travelled from Thurso to Inverness on the 8.34a.m. train and the help and sevice we received was First Class. The lady who was conductor helped me on train and put luggage and walker in rack and was there at Inverness to help me off . We need more people like this lady . We came back on X99 and it was a nightmare Train from now on for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoida View Post
    We read so much in the newspapers about the poor service we receive from Scot Rail. Last Saturday we travelled from Thurso to Inverness on the 8.34a.m. train and the help and sevice we received was First Class. The lady who was conductor helped me on train and put luggage and walker in rack and was there at Inverness to help me off . We need more people like this lady . We came back on X99 and it was a nightmare Train from now on for us.
    lucky you . We went from THURSO- Inverness to Glasgow . The first part( THURSO to Inverness ) went smoothly but when we tried to get on the Glasgow train things changed . Firstly we were told the two was in two parts ,the front section was for reserved tickets only and that had a trolley and conductor . The rear section had nothing and you could not go between the two as it was a train with a single carriage towed behind. The conductor made it plain that the rear carriage was on its own and drinking was allowed . The Cattle Truck Carriage was full of students that were so drunk some had urinated on the seats and in there rest to get away from the soaking seat had dropped half a dozen three quarter full cans ,so we now had a sea of waste sloshing around the floor . Their contents with bits a bunger and crisps were now swirling across the floor to their great amusement . It was all change in Perth ,on to the Aberdeen train which was also reserved seats only . On trying to get on the train a mother with a double buggy ( it just got through the doors ) got on ( she said that her children needed changed ) along with 4 folk with the biggest wheelie suitcases in the world . Next came 3 mountain bikers with racksacks and kit ,so the train was ramed . No seats and nowhere to sit , the very large lady next to us asked if the toilet was at this end .. Sorry she was told " it's up the other end " there was no way through anyway. She had to wait until Stirling ,she get off the train ,run up the platform and jump back on ,with even more people trying to get on . When we got to Glasgow the passenger were vomited on to the platform ,all hell broke lose . It was like a train from a third world country . The queens street platform staff counted over 900 passengers on a 546 capacity train ,so you'll have to forgive me for saying " ITS A DAM DISGRACE" it's not a train service , it's a cattle truck railway . Tried to make a complaint to Abellio , but that's a joke . Was told they'll just bin it . It's not the first time the railways been a let down.

Nightmare! Did you film any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoida View Post
    I was on the earlier train that day, with a different conductor and agree the service was first class and the train ran spot on time. Couldn't fault it.
    Doolally

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    lucky you . We went from THURSO- Inverness to Glasgow . The first part( THURSO to Inverness ) went smoothly but when we tried to get on the Glasgow train things changed . Firstly we were told the two was in two parts ,the front section was for reserved tickets only and that had a trolley and conductor . The rear section had nothing and you could not go between the two as it was a train with a single carriage towed behind. The conductor made it plain that the rear carriage was on its own and drinking was allowed . The Cattle Truck Carriage was full of students that were so drunk some had urinated on the seats and in there rest to get away from the soaking seat had dropped half a dozen three quarter full cans ,so we now had a sea of waste sloshing around the floor . Their contents with bits a bunger and crisps were now swirling across the floor to their great amusement . It was all change in Perth ,on to the Aberdeen train which was also reserved seats only . On trying to get on the train a mother with a double buggy ( it just got through the doors ) got on ( she said that her children needed changed ) along with 4 folk with the biggest wheelie suitcases in the world . Next came 3 mountain bikers with racksacks and kit ,so the train was ramed . No seats and nowhere to sit , the very large lady next to us asked if the toilet was at this end .. Sorry she was told " it's up the other end " there was no way through anyway. She had to wait until Stirling ,she get off the train ,run up the platform and jump back on ,with even more people trying to get on . When we got to Glasgow the passenger were vomited on to the platform ,all hell broke lose . It was like a train from a third world country . The queens street platform staff counted over 900 passengers on a 546 capacity train ,so you'll have to forgive me for saying " ITS A DAM DISGRACE" it's not a train service , it's a cattle truck railway . Tried to make a complaint to Abellio , but that's a joke . Was told they'll just bin it . It's not the first time the railways been a let down.
    Sounds like typical passengers on their way to an SNP independence rally in Glasgow. On that subject, as Public transport, particularly the running on the rail franchises is a matter devolved to the Scottish Government, then the experience you have had is really something for the SNP led government to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Sounds like typical passengers on their way to an SNP independence rally in Glasgow. On that subject, as Public transport, particularly the running on the rail franchises is a matter devolved to the Scottish Government, then the experience you have had is really something for the SNP led government to answer for.
    Hahahahaha. Written by someone who, whatever the SNP do, will find a negative spin to put on it. Your comments are baseless nonsense and you know it. I am prepared to bet you cannot provide a single shred of evidence to back up your assertion. However, I urge you to continue trolling. The folk of Caithness, and indeed all of Scotland, see through your lies and so your many posts advance the cause of independence enormously. May I thank you, on behalf of the entire "Yes" movement, for all the sterling work you are doing to bring about independence.

Is the rail franchise not controlled by the Scottish Gubmint then ?

I was also on the train to Glasgow from Inverness and witnessed the same carnage. I was travelling with an elderly relative and we were appalled at the treatment the rail users were subjected to by fellow passengers.

But "orkneycadian" has some "facts" wrong and some "facts" right.

The "students" that were mentioned by "dozy" were going to the Independence rally. But they were not going to support the rally, they told me that they intended to disrupt it.

I was unable to ascertain their actual political allegiance but they most definitely were not SNP members or sympathisers.

I did not take any photographs but these people were taking lots of selfies. I'm sure that they could be found on Facebook, if one was minded to investigate further.

Although our Scottish Parliament does have control over most elements of transport policy I do not believe that any right thinking individual would attribute the actions of these passengers directly to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Hahahahaha. Written by someone who, whatever the SNP do, will find a negative spin to put on it. Your comments are baseless nonsense and you know it. I am prepared to bet you cannot provide a single shred of evidence to back up your assertion. However, I urge you to continue trolling. The folk of Caithness, and indeed all of Scotland, see through your lies and so your many posts advance the cause of independence enormously. May I thank you, on behalf of the entire "Yes" movement, for all the sterling work you are doing to bring about independence.
    Coincidentally, I was thinking along those lines after reading one of his other posts from earlier today. Do you think Orkneycadian could be Boris’s long lost cousin?

I doubt Maggie747's account is true.

If Dozy had witnessed anti indyref supporters he would have had loads to say about them, decrying their behaviour, no doubt blaming it all on Westminster too. So for Dozy to stay quiet about their antics implies they were SNP supporters or certainly NOT anti SNP disruptive hooligans.

If Maggie747 was right and Dozy just missed a trick, then it's good to know that Scotlands youth are not being brainwashed by the SNP and do not want any part of Nicola's flawed vision of the future.

Ps This one is almost worth moving to Politics page

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I doubt Maggie747's account is true.

If Dozy had witnessed anti indyref supporters he would have had loads to say about them, decrying their behaviour, no doubt blaming it all on Westminster too. So for Dozy to stay quiet about their antics implies they were SNP supporters or certainly NOT anti SNP disruptive hooligans.

If Maggie747 was right and Dozy just missed a trick, then it's good to know that Scotlands youth are not being brainwashed by the SNP and do not want any part of Nicola's flawed vision of the future.
    That's right, call into question the honesty of someone who dares to show up the unionist agenda for what it is: reliant upon deliberate misinformation to scare people. If we in Scotland don't make our own decisions then Boris Johnston will make them for us. If that happens there will be a helluva lot more to worry about than the standard of (privatised) rail service we have in Caithness - think privatised NHS for starters.

Corky Smeek, my friend, you need to read a few of Dozy's political posts, then you may understand my scepticism. It would be nice to keep the political tripe on the politics board....I'm sure you know where that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Corky Smeek, my friend, you need to read a few of Dozy's political posts, then you may understand my scepticism. It would be nice to keep the political tripe on the politics board....I'm sure you know where that is!
    Well, I think you need to look elsewhere to see who started politicising this thread and trying to scare people with his/her SNP baddery.

So, to extract all the facts (political or otherwise) from the thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    We went from THURSO- Inverness to Glasgow.
    So Dozy was on the train.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie747 View Post
    I was also on the train to Glasgow from Inverness

The "students" that were mentioned by "dozy" were going to the Independence rally.
    and it co-incided with the Glasgow Independence Rally

The "students" that were mentioned by "dozy" were going to the Independence rally. But they were not going to support the rally, they told me that they intended to disrupt it.
    I don't think I mentioned their allegiance did I?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Sounds like typical passengers on their way to an SNP independence rally in Glasgow.
    No, didn't think I did.

So just the last half of that claim was right then!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Your comments are baseless nonsense and you know it. I am prepared to bet you cannot provide a single shred of evidence to back up your assertion.
    The "students" that were mentioned by "dozy" were going to the Independence rally.
    Thanks Maggie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    Is the rail franchise not controlled by the Scottish Gubmint then ?
    Although our Scottish Parliament does have control over most elements of transport policy I do not believe that any right thinking individual would attribute the actions of these passengers directly to them.
    Well, if we had a proper government, they could make detailed stipulations to the specification that the service has to be run to. But instead, they are too pre-occupied with the only trick they know.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Do you think Orkneycadian could be Boris’s long lost cousin?
    Damn, and I thought the blonde hair was down to my Scandinavian and Viking ancestry.....

I made it all up. Every single word. You've caught me out.
    So here is the truth:
    My name is actually Magnus but I call myself Maggie at weekends.
    I've never been on a train in my life.
    I have no relatives.
    Glasgow? never been there.
    I have never spoken to anyone, ever.
    Hope that clears things up.

For possibly the second time in my life I will vote for Maggie and will live to regret it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Sounds like it was one very horrible train journey due to particular circumstances. The people responsible were those who behaved in such a disgusting way, not anyone else. Most train journeys that I have been on have been good.

Excellent points Fulmar, although I wonder if it’s within the rules to have a single carriage that the conductor can’t get to when the train is moving.
    Last edited by aqua; 09-Nov-19 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Excellent points Fulmar, although I wonder if it’s within the rules to have a single carriage that the conductor can’t get to when the train is moving.
    It may seem strange but it is within the rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast