Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 158 of 158

Thread: Separatist hypocrisy

  1. #141

    Default

    Gronnuck...you have to have faith. Dominic Cummings know what he is doing! Take heart from the fact neither of us has packed our bags and heading south. We know it will all continue to be fine.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Interesting reading all the comments on the above article. Not many singing the praises of Krankie, nor the present incarnation of the SNP. Are we witnessing the beginning of its implosion?
    You do realise this is all about timing and temper tantrums?


    This whole issue is about not getting his own way. The Rev Stu wanted to start a second Independence Party in Scotland, to back up the SNP, and Nicola didn't agree with him, but, you are not allowed to disagree with him. He doesn't like it. So, knowing the usual dummy throwing brigade were wanting Nicola to call UDI in her speech on Friday, and knowing this was not going to happen, he prepared this article to coincide with all the disappointment.....and Hey Presto, an orchestrated reaction. This is not an implosion though, much as you would love that, it will disappear once they have all settled back down. (as they always do) If Nicola contacted him tomorrow and said she now backed his plans, an entirely different article would suddenly appear.


    Now, Pete Wishart has caused real anger among the troops, and I don't blame them.

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Interesting reading all the comments on the above article. Not many singing the praises of Krankie, nor the present incarnation of the SNP. Are we witnessing the beginning of its implosion?
    Only just read the comments section. I hadn't thought about Blackford and his troops seduced by Westminster and the pay packet, but it makes sense!

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ubique
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Gronnuck...you have to have faith. Dominic Cummings know what he is doing! Take heart from the fact neither of us has packed our bags and heading south. We know it will all continue to be fine.
    Yes but..., no but..., we've had little encouragement from the tory party over the last ten years. What positive things can we expect from their majority administration now?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

  5. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Gronnuck...you have to have faith. Dominic Cummings know what he is doing! Take heart from the fact neither of us has packed our bags and heading south. We know it will all continue to be fine.
    I think we are all still waiting for any BritNat on this forum to provide any sort of evidence that things "will continue to be fine". Even taking IndyRef2 out of the equation it would be interesting to hear any justification for that quote. What do you know that the rest of us don't?

  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Now, Pete Wishart has caused real anger among the troops, and I don't blame them.
    That then just highlights how out of touch "the troops" are with Scotland. BASC here is being portrayed as a gang of wildlife criminals, when nothing could be further from the truth. I guess "the troops" don't even realise the C stands for Conservation. But then again, they have probably realised that the B stands for British, and on that grounds alone, it must be despised.....

  7. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Gronnuck...you have to have faith. Dominic Cummings know what he is doing! Take heart from the fact neither of us has packed our bags and heading south. We know it will all continue to be fine.
    Yup - In the last 300 or so years, we have been in the UK. Its only more recently that things have been less than ideal. Perhaps co-incidentally its also only (relatively) recently that we joined the EU and have witness the rise of Scottish Nationalism.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    That then just highlights how out of touch "the troops" are with Scotland. BASC here is being portrayed as a gang of wildlife criminals, when nothing could be further from the truth. I guess "the troops" don't even realise the C stands for Conservation. But then again, they have probably realised that the B stands for British, and on that grounds alone, it must be despised.....
    No, it just highlight how out of touch Pete Wishart and BASC is with the mood in Scotland, as he found out today. As far as I'm concerned BASC are a gang of wildlife criminals, with all the wildlife they destroy, just to keep conditions perfect for the birds they rear for the sole purpose of shooting them. The "C" may stand for Conservation, but Conservation of what? A way of life for the gun brigade? The word British has nothing to do with it. It's all about Blood Sports and the fun they have killing things.

  9. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    No, it just highlight how out of touch Pete Wishart and BASC is with the mood in Scotland, as he found out today. As far as I'm concerned BASC are a gang of wildlife criminals, with all the wildlife they destroy, just to keep conditions perfect for the birds they rear for the sole purpose of shooting them. The "C" may stand for Conservation, but Conservation of what? A way of life for the gun brigade? The word British has nothing to do with it. It's all about Blood Sports and the fun they have killing things.
    Aye, the "S" stands for shooting. How can you shoot things to conserve them? Also, rather worrying that John Swinney was there. I'd thought better of both of them.

    I see another correspondent is claiming that the EU is to blame for the rise of Scottish Nationalism. Is there nothing he won't blame the EU for? The 300+ years of colonial rule from Westminster have nothing to do with it, of course.

  10. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    No, it just highlight how out of touch Pete Wishart and BASC is with the mood in Scotland, as he found out today. As far as I'm concerned BASC are a gang of wildlife criminals, with all the wildlife they destroy, just to keep conditions perfect for the birds they rear for the sole purpose of shooting them. The "C" may stand for Conservation, but Conservation of what? A way of life for the gun brigade? The word British has nothing to do with it. It's all about Blood Sports and the fun they have killing things.
    You had better go and complain to the police about what RSPB and SNH are doing in Orkney then under the guise of conservation;

    https://www.nature.scot/professional...ldlife-project

    They are using lethal traps to intentionally trap and kill all stoats on Orkney. No chance of non lethal traps being used to make live captures, with releases in Scotland - Nope, the RSPB and SNH are out to kill. In your book then, they too are just out for the fun of killing stoats?

  11. #151

    Default

    And further to the above, I understand that SNH and the RSPB have "accidentally" killed over 550 rats, in their pursuit of mass stoat murder. I think alongside the 550 rats accidentally murdered, they have so far only intentionally murdered about 22 stoats. Poor peedie things.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    You had better go and complain to the police about what RSPB and SNH are doing in Orkney then under the guise of conservation;

    https://www.nature.scot/professional...ldlife-project

    They are using lethal traps to intentionally trap and kill all stoats on Orkney. No chance of non lethal traps being used to make live captures, with releases in Scotland - Nope, the RSPB and SNH are out to kill. In your book then, they too are just out for the fun of killing stoats?

    And further to the above, I understand that SNH and the RSPB have "accidentally" killed over 550 rats, in their pursuit of mass stoat murder. I think alongside the 550 rats accidentally murdered, they have so far only intentionally murdered about 22 stoats. Poor peedie things.
    That is a totally different thing, and fine well you know it. As my auld granny used to say,"you'd cause a fight in an empty hoose."


    What they are attempting with the stoats, is "Conservation" I don't believe they are trying to save the local wildlife so they can later shoot them for fun, and make a profit for the privilege. Whether I agree with their methods or not is neither here nor there, but, since they have killed so many rats, one wonders just how much damage they have done and blamed it on the stoats?

  13. #153

    Default

    Shabbychic, can I enquire if you come from a more urban upbringing rather than a rural one? Its just that your views seem to be more aligned with urban dwellers rather than those of us that have lived and worked the countryside all our lives.

    You also assume that BASC conservationists only conserve animals to later shoot them. Oh dear......

    Even your beloved SNP "led" Scottish Government, based in the big smoke of the Southern Belt have different views;

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51295296

    Here we see the townies saying that deer must be culled, as, amongst other reasons, they eat the bark off trees, stunting and killing them, and give rise to the use of "ugly and restrictive deer proof fencing" which impedes the ramblers when out on their Sunday trips to the playgrounds around their big cities.

    However, the Association of Deer Management Groups - The landowners and estates whom you might suggest would be all in favour of "blood sports" as you call them are much less in favour.

    So thats a bit of a paradox for you to solve. The ramblers want the deer killed so they can wander the playgrounds, fence free, with much less chance of their urban dogs catching ticks. The estates are happy with leaving the existing deer management arrangements as they are, even though they could argue that the deer ticks can affect grouse chicks.

    Will we see shooters then going out and shooting all the trees that the deer cull has saved?

    I rather doubt it......

  14. #154

  15. #155

    Default

    It was specially converted to only run on hot air....

    As always, it's the plebs who have to change their ways, not the 'elite'.

  16. #156

    Default

    Please don't tell me you want to get into a, "your hypocrites are worse than our hypocrites" discussion! That is not an argument any of us can win. Being a hypocrite seems to be part of the person specification for any aspirant parliamentarians regardless of party.

  17. #157

    Default

    I happen to think that all of them right now are behaving well in incredibly difficult circumstances and also, they are all (I mean in the different governments) now pulling together and trying to do their best. This is what I've longed for but a shame it took this crisis to knock their collective heads together to bring it about. What we face now is above politics and involves all of us as human beings.

  18. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    It was specially converted to only run on hot air....
    Wow! It'll go some then! Should be good for a ton 90 with all that fuel aboard.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •