Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Separatist hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    You can sit there till the coos come home, for all I care, I don't have to justify or back up anything to you. You already know everything anyway, and as you have mentioned, posting on here won't change anyone's mind, especially yours, but that wasn't my intention.

I certainly won't be taking many facts from Tory run websites, but just a few wee pointers. They are using figures that deal with Scotland being part of the UK. They also don't take into account the "non-identifiable spending" like Big Ben, the London Sewer System, Trident and things like that, which we are paying into. It all adds up when someone else is spending your money for you, whether you like it or not. (hence our part of the UK Debt) There are also other things that would be different in an Independent Scotland. (like the extra money needed at present for mitigation of things like the Bedroom Tax)

Regarding it not being about the SNP.....it's not. Don't you get it? The other Parties at Holyrood are run from Westminster, and therefore not allowed to support Independence. Scottish Labour have hinted at changing their views a few times, but are always, swiftly brought to heel from their Westminster bosses.

The Snp, helped by the Scottish Greens, is the only Party big enough to get us through Independence. Once we get that, the SNP may even disappear as we will have other Scottish Parties to run Scotland, or at least be more committed to Scotland, be they Labour, Tory, Lib Dems, Greens, even a Scottish Raving Loony Party if need be.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, Boris is a Monster.

MSM means Mainstream Media, and is widely used online.

I'm off now to have more "Emotional Moments". I'm like that.
    Shabbychic I've had similar debates with Goodfellers, so this argument is just going around in circles. Goodfellers and orkneycadian are familiar with the term MSM; they’re just a pair of windup merchants repeating the same negative mantra. I’ve yet to hear them express anything positive about any political movement.

Regarding Scotland’s ‘deficit’. This has been debunked many many times. Scotland cannot have a deficit since its’ borrowing capability is restricted. The deficit arises because Westminster proportions its’ debit to it. The same tactic was used over India prior to its’ independence in 1948.
    An analogy; You earn £10 and are forced to give your neighbour eight of those pounds. Being a magnanimous neighbour they give you back four pounds and then spend two pounds buying a lawn mower for you to use, despite the fact that you don’t have a garden or a lawn.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

You can sit there till the coos come home, for all I care, I don't have to justify or back up anything to you. You already know everything anyway, and as you have mentioned, posting on here won't change anyone's mind, especially yours, but that wasn't my intention.

I certainly won't be taking many facts from Tory run websites, but just a few wee pointers. They are using figures that deal with Scotland being part of the UK. They also don't take into account the "non-identifiable spending" like Big Ben, the London Sewer System, Trident and things like that, which we are paying into. It all adds up when someone else is spending your money for you, whether you like it or not. (hence our part of the UK Debt) There are also other things that would be different in an Independent Scotland. (like the extra money needed at present for mitigation of things like the Bedroom Tax)

Regarding it not being about the SNP.....it's not. Don't you get it? The other Parties at Holyrood are run from Westminster, and therefore not allowed to support Independence. Scottish Labour have hinted at changing their views a few times, but are always, swiftly brought to heel from their Westminster bosses.

The Snp, helped by the Scottish Greens, is the only Party big enough to get us through Independence. Once we get that, the SNP may even disappear as we will have other Scottish Parties to run Scotland, or at least be more committed to Scotland, be they Labour, Tory, Lib Dems, Greens, even a Scottish Raving Loony Party if need be.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, Boris is a Monster.

MSM means Mainstream Media, and is widely used online.

I'm off now to have more "Emotional Moments". I'm like that.
    Of course you wont provide me with any facts! I didn't expect you to, you know as well as I do, you can't (apart from pro independance websites)

As for me getting 'my' facts from Tory run sites...Forum Admin on here actually agree Full fact is an independent source (and I'm convinced they are pro independance minded like you). But don't let that get in the way.

Only the snp and greens support independence, the other parties are run by Westminster. You do know that the Westminster parties got a combined total of 1484740 votes, that's more than 210,000 than the snp and greens combined. Can you see why I'm not too worried at the moment?

Thank you for pointing out what msm means. It may be widely used on the internet, but I've only seen it used twice on this forum, as mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    As for me getting 'my' facts from Tory run sites...Forum Admin on here actually agree Full fact is an independent source (and I'm convinced they are pro independance minded like you). But don't let that get in the way.
    Not everyone agrees with that. (please note....not a Pro-Independence website)

Then there is the Charitable Status of Full Fact. The main man is involved in an awfie lot of charities, (as well as director of various companies, 17/18 at present I believe....a very busy man), with not a lot of details of what they actually do, nor actual remunerations of those involved. Charity begins at home methinks.

So no, I don't fully trust that source, but also, as I tried to point out, there are many things they do not take into consideration in their calculations regarding Scotland.

And if you are so friendly with Forum Admin, they must surely have informed you by now that I only have one account on here, or have you been given carte blanche to throw accusations at members as you please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Goodfellers and orkneycadian are familiar with the term MSM; they’re just a pair of windup merchants repeating the same negative mantra. I’ve yet to hear them express anything positive about any political movement.
    Now now Gronnuck, remember the last time you embarrassed yourself making statements like that; - http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...62#post1188462

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    @ 0122 24/11/19, in the thread "Thank You"

@ 2228 4/12/19, in the thread "Thank You"

@ 1127 on 5/12/19

I guess you don't read all the threads then?
    You would think you would have learned;

Much as it pains me to say it, Jo Swinson came across about equal as Nigel is at the moment. The only thing I can differentiate them on is that Nigel isn't slouching in the chair like Jo was.
    So, I think the top prize of the night goes to Jo Swinson. She did very well, even though her views oppose mine.

And if you are so friendly with Forum Admin, they must surely have informed you by now that I only have one account on here, or have you been given carte blanche to throw accusations at members as you please?
    Personally, I find it a bit tricky, but not impossible to stay one step ahead of the forum admin with my various sock puppet accounts. When I am Boris Johnson's long lost cousin, I have to remember to use the mobile on the 4G. That gives this site a different IP address to when I am Orkneycadian on the laptop on the broadband. Just need to remember what device to use depending on which persona I am using.....

Personally, I find it a bit tricky, but not impossible to stay one step ahead of the forum admin with my various sock puppet accounts. When I am Boris Johnson's long lost cousin, I have to remember to use the mobile on the 4G. That gives this site a different IP address to when I am Orkneycadian on the laptop on the broadband. Just need to remember what device to use depending on which persona I am using.....
    Well good for you. You find the situation highly amusing and I don't. People should not be accused of things merely on an egotist's outrage at being spoken back to on a public forum. If someone does not wish to be questioned on the content of their posts, they should not be on a forum to start with. They obviously don't understand the concept.

If said person has proof of something, then by all means bring it up and confront the guilty party, but if their evidence is solely based on a temper tantrum feeding grandiose delusions, with no evidence to back up their claim, then they should keep their mouth shut, and maybe have a go at anger management, and a long, hard look at themself.
    Last edited by Shabbychic; 17-Jan-20 at 09:17. Reason: spelling

Dear me Shabby! You really need to chill.

There has been no 'outrage' or 'temper tantrums' and certainly no 'grandiose delusions'. I find it almost amusing (the four accounts acting as one, that is). We only need Maggie to re-enter the fray to have the full set!

I have stated the 'evidence' is circumstantial. I think I even said it could never be proven.

As Orkneycadian mentioned, your IP address proves nothing. You only need an email address to get an account on here, BT give me six, I've no idea how many gmail or yahoo addresses you can have. I have a network watcher on my pc so I can see everything logged into my wifi. I have a work phone, a personal phone, an ipad and this desktop, they all have a different IP address. Download it and have a look, useful to see if any of your neighbours are using your wifi! https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirele...k_watcher.html

As the circumstantial evidence mounts (it's very difficult to maintain four slightly different styles, over time you revert to type without being aware) with each post, I will continue to believe the accounts are linked.

Now, anyone know of any 'anger management' classes

Ah Goodfellers, you're obviously not a very seasoned sock puppeteer. The IP address that counts is your public one, which unless you have a very fancy set up, will be the same for all the devices in your house. You are looking at the local IP addresses on your network. All probably starting with 192.168.x.x They get translated in your router to your public IP address.

I find it almost amusing (the four accounts acting as one, that is). We only need Maggie to re-enter the fray to have the full set!

I have stated the 'evidence' is circumstantial. I think I even said it could never be proven.

As the circumstantial evidence mounts (it's very difficult to maintain four slightly different styles, over time you revert to type without being aware) with each post, I will continue to believe the accounts are linked.
    As I said, since your evidence is purely circumstantial, (all in the mind) you should keep you mouth shut. You seem to think your fantasies are worthy of note to everyone on this forum, but harassing people, and having wee digs constantly, is just wrong. What gives you the right to keep this going? I have attempted to carry on as normal, but you just keep up the innuendos.

You're probably sitting there right now with a big grin on your face, basking in your thoughts of how wonderful you are. when you are really just a sad little nonentity, who sits behind a wee keyboard trying to feel important. (probably in holey underpants and string vest, Rab C. style) Now, I don't have any actual evidence of this, and in your own words "it could never be proven", but it will give forum members a wee giggle, visualising you, every time they see your name. (just like your implication that I am a sock puppet)

Orkneycadian.....You clearly know more than me! It wont be a problem for me as I only have one account :-)

Shabby.....I love the image you have of me! Not too far from the truth. Here is a picture of me just about to go for a dip off Thurso beach :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	35067

Shabby.....I love the image you have of me! Not too far from the truth. Here is a picture of me just about to go for a dip off Thurso beach :-)

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	35067
    Fantasyland here, eh? There is no way I imagined you looked like this Hunky, Chunk of whatever it is. I was thinking more of Steptoe.......Senior.

Mind you, I was in Tesco last week and overheard one of the assistants saying, "Do you think this Good Feller needs some help?"

Name:	Nice.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	35108

Fantasyland here, eh? There is no way I imagined you looked like this Hunky, Chunk of whatever it is. I was thinking more of Steptoe.......Senior.

Mind you, I was in Tesco last week and overheard one of the assistants saying, "Do you think this Good Feller needs some help?"

Name:	Nice.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	35108

I'll let you into a secret, My handle is more to do with my taste in music...look them up and have a listen, esp their take on 'Streets have no name' it is epic.

You would certainly have a blue grass going dipping in Thurso bay dressed like that

I'll let you into a secret, My handle is more to do with my taste in music...look them up and have a listen, esp their take on 'Streets have no name' it is epic.

Never actually heard of them before. In that sort of musical area I'm probably more Blues,(B.B. King, Tom Waits, Gary Moore, etc.,) than Bluegrass. They certainly look the part of their name though.

Since we are on the subject of music, and it's a lazy Sunday afternoon, see if you can guess what kind of Bands I like. Clue...I started off with the likes of Scottish band Beggars Opera. (Now you know my age range)

That sounds like very early Genisis to me, so guessing they are from early 70's (I know I could google it, but I haven't) So I guessing you were born early to mid fifties (I hope I haven't offended by that).

That sounds like very early Genisis to me, so guessing they are from early 70's (I know I could google it, but I haven't) So I guessing you were born early to mid fifties (I hope I haven't offended by that).
    You almost have it right, and don't worry about offending me with age.

Am rather fond of the Original Genesis with Pete Gabriel, but they lost it for me when he left. They went too commercial and pop for my liking. Could never take to Phil Collins.

That, of course was my quiet listening. To stir my blood I like things a little heavier.

Krankie seems to be popular amongst the Scottish separatists this morning.....

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-betrayer/

The Betrayer

Krankie seems to be popular amongst the Scottish separatists this morning.....

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-betrayer/

The Betrayer
    Well written piece.

Early in the year I did suggest that BJ should have given the SNP the referendum they wanted, but to be held straight away, not at some point in the future. Indy2 needed putting to bed asap so 'normal' Scots can get on with living.

As a 'reasonably happy' chap, reading that increased my wellness a few % points. Thanks for posting :-)

Interesting reading all the comments on the above article. Not many singing the praises of Krankie, nor the present incarnation of the SNP. Are we witnessing the beginning of its implosion?

Interesting read, and yes the SNP leadership appears to have ‘run into the buffers’. Yet we would be fools to believe that Boris Johnston and his conservative party are going to sponsor a new political dawn across Scotland any time soon.
    I can hope that Goodfellers and orkneycadian can offer me some measure of positive hope and reassurance....
    Last edited by Gronnuck; 01-Feb-20 at 14:33.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast