Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Separatist hypocrisy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Separatist hypocrisy

Whats it with the separatists and their hypocrisy? When they want something, they run to the courts, right up to the Supreme Court until they get their way, and tell us that "no-one is above the law"

But yet, when their Spanish colleagues feel the hand of the law from their Supreme Court on them, Wee Krankie says its a lamentable and dreadful outcome.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...erms-1-5022877

Suddenly, it seems that supreme court rulings are no longer as fantastic as first thought, and you can try to be above the law - But only if you are a separatist.

Now, how best to get Krankie herself in jail..... She can keep her former colleague and alleged sex pest company.....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Whats it with the separatists and their hypocrisy? When they want something, they run to the courts, right up to the Supreme Court until they get their way, and tell us that "no-one is above the law"

But yet, when their Spanish colleagues feel the hand of the law from their Supreme Court on them, Wee Krankie says its a lamentable and dreadful outcome.

Suddenly, it seems that supreme court rulings are no longer as fantastic as first thought, and you can try to be above the law - But only if you are a separatist.

Now, how best to get Krankie herself in jail..... She can keep her former colleague and alleged sex pest company.....
    Such bile, such hatred, such bitterness….
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Awwww. Somebody's feeling a wee bit naughty today. Still, if making daft statements and calling folks silly names makes you feel good, you go for it petal. Get it all out your system. Personally I think all you need is a wee cuddle, and you'll feel all better. Mwah.

Hmmm, how recently was it that the seperatists, and their supporters went to the court of session to try and get a ruling to have Boris jailed if he did not capitulate under the surrender act? Oh yes, just the other week.

Fortunately, the judge put them back in their box, but imagine their glee if the ruling was that Boris should indeed be sent to the Tower. The separatists would have loved that. Wonder how they sleep at night harbouring so much bile, hatred and bitterness....

Default Trouble

Your going to find yourself in trouble as that's NO WAY to talk about women or anyone else ,whatever party they follow.

Does that apply to your views on my favorite PM of all time, MrsT?

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Your going to find yourself in trouble as that's NO WAY to talk about women or anyone else ,whatever party they follow.
    Don't worry, I would speak of wee Krankie the same way if she were a bloke. My post was completely gender neutral! And if she wants to make herself look like a woman who makes herself look like a boy, thats perfectly fine by me.

I know which one I'd rather spend the evening with :-) I like a woman who can make me laugh! (doesn't help much does it as they both make me laugh for different reasons)

The election campaign hasn't even officially started and already the debate has been dragged down into the gutter by two of the usual suspects. Both of you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. You are helping embolden the nutters who have already threatened physical violence against two senior SNP women. Joanna Cherry has been threatened by a Labour Party candidate who created a Twitter meme showing someone spraying bleach on her - BANG and the TERF is gone. And only today a unionist activist, currently campaigning on Skye, has suggested on Twitter that Nicola Sturgeon be drugged, kidnapped and imprisoned. If these are not matters for the police to investigate I don't know what is. For goodness sake can we not campaign in a respectful manner. There is still a long way to go until 12 December.

Seems they have even more money to waste on lawyers, trying, but failing to get their way. Complaining that ITV didn't invite them onto their reality game show tomorrow night. Given that it's a UK wide election, and the separatists are presently getting about 3 or 4% in the opinion polls, then both ITV, and the High Court are quite right to restrict entry to the "serious contenders".

Now, can our courts please get on with the job of dealing with all the murderers, rapists, people traffickers and the likes, and stop pandering to those who didn't get their way in referenda and elections?

So, I guess to prempt Wee Krankie being on TV tomorrow evening at 5 past 10, after the exit poll has been unveiled, wittering on about a mandate, its perhaps worth considering what would constitute a mandate. In this context for the Neverendum that she keeps bleating on about.

To avoid creating double standards, then any mandate for another Neverendum would need to be produced by;

*Each of the 59 constituencies in Scotland would need to have had a greater than 50% share of the vote for separatist parties - So that will be the SNP and the Green Party then -Just to be clear, that means that of all the votes cast in that constituency, more than 50% of them needs to be for the SNP
    *The total votes cast in Scotland for the SNP and the Green Party need to be more than 50% of all the votes cast. It follows that if the above requirement is met, then so will this one be.
    * If both of the above are true, then a mandate for another Neverendum is not out of the question. But should even 1 constituency fail to meet the 50% SNP/Green Party threshold, or if the total SNP/Green party share of the vote in Scotland be less than 50%, then there is no mandate. No constituency can be dragged along into another Neverndum against their will. This is one of the basic principles of the SNP and cannot be reversed now.

Now, lets see how many minutes past 10pm tomorrow night Wee Krankie can get to before she tries to claim the opposite. My money is on her mouth falling open and "mandate drivel" falling out by 13 minutes past 10.

I have for the last five years ignored your posts, but people will continue quoting them.

Firstly, WE are not seperatists...that description belongs fairly and squarely with Unionists chasin Brexit. We are normalists, because it isn't normal for a country which hasn't been militarily beaten into submission to allow another country to dictate its every action, policy and income. We turn to the courts to CLARIFY what the English, in the guise of the UK Parliament, think the Treaty of Union gave them leave to do, without consultation, as if we were a conquered colony.

The Catalans are in a different position to Scotland. The Catalans voted for the Spanish Constitution in a referendum in 1978 and that Constitution specifically states in Article 155 Section 1. If a self-governing community does not fulfil the obligations imposed upon it by the constitution or other laws, or acts in a way that is seriously prejudicial to the general interest of Spain, the government may take all measures necessary to compel the community to meet said obligations, or to protect the above-mentioned general interest. Section 2. With a view to implementing the measures provided for in the foregoing paragraph, the Government may issue instructions to all the authorities of the Self-governing Communities. Now to the thinking person that makes the Spanish Constitution immoral, unethical, in that it refuses minority ethnic groups in a defined area the ability to choose their own path, and self-serving...but not illegal.....and because it isn't illegal, all that the FM/PM of a country can say is that it is a disgace. What would you have liked her to say?

Scotland was never asked if it wanted to be a member of any Union back in the 18th century...and there is no written UK constitution to be cited as a legal basis for the treatment of Scotland as one of the two signatories to the Treaty of Union. In fact, if you think about it, the Union between Scotland and England was like the Union between the UK and the other members of the EU in 1973...because of Trade....but while the EU mostly wanted the UK in the EU for Scottish fishing waters, England wanted Scotland in their thrall so they could dictate who the Scottish monarch was to be, as the main planks of the Union Treaty was a guarantee that the Hanoverian dynasty would succeed Queen Anne to the Scottish crown.....and Scotland, in return, received a guarantee of access to England's colonial market.

What Supreme Court rulings are we contesting? The one in which the UK Government thinks it has the right to deny the citizens of a country which is NOT constitutionaly bound to stay a part of GB forever, which has elected a government with a manifesto commitment to treat for another referendum if circumstances changed (which they have) and whose legally elected Parliament has passed a law which permits that referendum? Why wouldn't we, given that if we didn't we would be taken as tacitly accepting that Scotland is no more than a region of Greater England....and then Westminster could , through precedent, shaft us via any orifice they chose.

Supreme Court rulings are not the end of the line...there is always the European Courts, though it is faiir to say that the Catalonians are in a weaker position than Scotland in them...but there is always the International Court of Justice.

Your last line....a nasty, ignorant, typical unionist smear, simply for the sake of saying something to give offence, is not worth any response.
    Last edited by Oddquine; 13-Dec-19 at 01:55.

Well, I was a bit out with my time, but has wee Krankie said anything other than the word "mandate" for the last 6 hours?

Not sure why - I have not counted up the constituency results in full yet, partly as all I have found so far is an interactive map to show the SNP share of the vote, and not a nice sorted table! But at first glance is seems that well below half of the Scottish constituencies returned 50% or more of a vote share for the SNP. Still need to add the share of the vote for their seperatist cohorts, the Green Party, but its nothing like the clean sweep they would need to say hand on heart that every single constituency in Scotland voted in favour of a separatist party, and that no constituency will be dragged along against their will. Add to that the fact that nationally, the SNP vote share was just 45%, and the Greens, just 1%, then the total separatist vote was just 46%. If thats taken as the feeling of the Scottish electorate for another Neverendum, then its little different from the 45% Yes result in 2014. Its not even as high as the nearly 50% national share of the vote that the SNP got in 2015. So support is lower in 2019, than it was in 2015, and thats reflected in the lower number of seats won.

So nothing to see here - No mandate - The Scottish electorate have spoken, and yet again, less than half of us have a desire for separatism.

Now, Nicola, there are some people in Govan who would really like to you to get on with sorting out their day to day issues, and the real matters that affect them. Could you maybe start on that and keep your mind focused on it for the next 5 years?
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 13-Dec-19 at 13:32. Reason: Grammar

Well, well, that was an interesting night.

As Orkneycadian has just pointed out, the SNP received 45% of votes cast. That's 1.2million votes out of a possible 4.1million.

With those figures I say bring on Indryref2.

We can then finally put the SNP in their place. (Until the SNP find yet another reason to hold Indyref3 of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Well, well, that was an interesting night.

As Orkneycadian has just pointed out, the SNP received 45% of votes cast. That's 1.2million votes out of a possible 4.1million.

With those figures I say bring on Indryref2.

We can then finally put the SNP in their place. (Until the SNP find yet another reason to hold Indyref3 of course).
    Mibbes aye mibbes naw. Bear in mind that EU citizens and 16 and 17 year olds don't get to vote in UK General Elections...but do in Scottish elections and referendums, so 45% without their votes is a good start. Better than the 20 odd percent we started with at the first indyref.

Which was meant to be a 'once in a generation' vote, remember?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Which was meant to be a 'once in a generation' vote, remember?!
    That was simply Salmond's personal opinion, not any kind of official political statement by the SNP at any time And the wider pro-independence movement has never given any indication that that was their thinking. How long is a generation anyway? Since the 2014 vote, my family has added another generation; a political generation is five years..or the length of time between elections, so since 2014, we are now in a third political generation. If we hadn't had the two elections post 2015, we'd have been having one in 2020 anyway...so by the time there is any chance of another indyref, it will be a political generation later.

As has been said innumerable times since 2014, if the status quo had been improved on the lines offered by the VOW, something produced in defiance of the purdah rules, AND the promises made by the Better Together mouthpieces had come to fruition, things may well have been different. The desire for independence will never go away, it is as old as the Treaty of Union, but it may well have been sidelined for another generation...but that wasn't how Westminster and the Unionist Parties wanted to play it....something they made very clear when, the day after the vote, Cameron stuck two fingers up at us and announced EVEL.

So we have had five years of broken promises since 2014, and I can list them if you like, culminating in Brexit, which made a mockery of " EU membership is only guaranteed with a No vote" and which has drastically changed the status quo to the extent that it is now considered necessary to implement a referendum mandate already voted for in accordance with the UK rules, in order to ascertain if the voters of Scotland have changed their minds, as those in a democracy are entitled to do (else it isn't a democracy, but a dictatorship)

[QUOTE=orkneycadian;1188612]Well, I was a bit out with my time, but has wee Krankie said anything other than the word "mandate" for the last 6 hours?

Not sure why - I have not counted up the constituency results in full yet, partly as all I have found so far is an interactive map to show the SNP share of the vote, and not a nice sorted table! But at first glance is seems that well below half of the Scottish constituencies returned 50% more of a vote share for the SNP. Still need to add the share of the vote for their seperatist cohorts, the Green Party, but its nothing like the clean sweep they would need to say hand on heart that every single constituency in Scotland voted in favour of a separatist party, and that no constituency will be dragged along against their will. Add to that the fact that nationally, the SNP vote share was just 45%, and the Greens, just 1%, then the total separatist vote was just 46%. If thats taken as the feeling of the Scottish electorate for another Neverendum, then its little different from the 45% Yes result in 2014. Its not even as high as the nearly 50% national share of the vote that the SNP got in 2015. So support is lower in 2019, than it was in 2015, and thats reflected in the lower number of seats won.

So nothing to see here - No mandate - The Scottish electorate have spoken, and yet again, less than half of us have a desire for separatism.

Now, Nicola, there are some people in Govan who would really like to you to get on with sorting out their day to day issues, and the real matters that affect them. Could you maybe start on that and keep your mind focused on it for the next 5 years?[/QUOT
    You come over as someone in the wrong political relationship ,and wrong point of focus for your anger. You have the right to choose and that includes where we live , my neighbor has moved from England because it wasn't for them anymore . He said " it's easier for me to move than try to change the town or country in was in" . It's not right or polite to call people names ,we would tell a child off for name calling . You state that " some people in govan who would really like she to get on with sorting things out" we she could if her hands and funding were not tied to Westminster . Don't blame others that you yourself have hamstrung by your politics and voting .
    Last edited by dozy; 13-Dec-19 at 13:06.

I like where I live Dozy. In Orkney, which is part of the UK. What gets very tiresome is the very vocal minority, 45% in 2014, 46% yesterday if you count in the Greens, who keep trying to tell us all that I should live in Orkney, now not part of the UK. Then they tell us that a union cannot be withdrawn from if it would mean that one subscriber to that union would be dragged out against their will. But yet, would happily pull Scottish constituencies out of the UK against their will. Sure, there are some Scottish constituencies that voted more than 50% SNP yesterday. Even without the Green votes, we have no doubt on what their wishes are on independence. But that wish is not universal across Scotland, nor is it in the majority.

To coin a phrase from Nicola "Orkney and Shetlands Voice is not being heard in Holyrood", where you can substitute "Orkney and Shetland" with Caithness, any of the other seats that the SNP did not win last night. You can even substitute the constituencies that elected SNP, but with less than 50% share of the vote.

This is where Nicola, and all her supporters, need to get into their thick skulls, that whatever argument she makes regards Scotland and Westminster, works just as well for Scottish regions and Holyrood.

BTW, whats happened to the sock puppet twins? Neither have been logged into this site since the 9th. One at 22:25, the other at 16:32. Most odd........ Almost as odd as them both joining up 11 days apart a few years ago.
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 13-Dec-19 at 13:55. Reason: grammar again....

I like where I live Dozy. In Orkney, which is part of the UK. What gets very tiresome is the very vocal minority, 45% in 2014, 46% yesterday if you count in the Greens, who keep trying to tell us all that I should live in Orkney, now not part of the UK. Then they tell us that a union cannot be withdrawn from if it would mean that one subscriber to that union would be dragged out against their will. But yet, would happily pull Scottish constituencies out of the UK against their will. Sure, there are some Scottish constituencies that voted more than 50% SNP yesterday. Even without the Green votes, we have no doubt on what their wishes are on independence. But that wish is not universal across Scotland, nor is it in the majority.

To coin a phrase from Nicola "Orkney and Shetlands Voice is not being heard in Holyrood", where you can substitute "Orkney and Shetland" with Caithness, any of the other seats that the SNP did not win last night. You can even substitute the constituencies that elected SNP, but with less than 50% share of the vote.

This is where Nicola, and all her supporters, need to get into their thick skulls, that whatever argument she makes regards Scotland and Westminster, works just as well for Scottish regions and Holyrood.

BTW, whats happened to the sock puppet twins? Neither have been logged into this site since the 9th. One at 22:25, the other at 16:32. Most odd........ Almost as odd as them both joining up 11 days apart a few years ago.
    Nice to know ,drop in next time your going through St Margaret for the ferry . I've always got the kettle on ,we can swap stories.

It only took 37% for Brexit and that agenda was written on the back of a Boris condom packet. Therefore it may be better to ask this question to Holyrood " what would you do to make things better for us , don't answer in the whole just about the place where in live". Orkney makes great use of what it has to offer in many ways ,but I do feel that choosing the Lib dem may work more against than for ,sometimes you have to pick someone that has the ear of those in power ,than picking more to spite. . Let's ask the big questions for our political contenders ,on all levels and see what they have to say.
    I personally don't fear independence ,I would rather trust those around me. Than those who see me has a person from a lower partner in a failed contract ,written 300 years past. Any Scottish government has to show " It will listen and take what the local community sees as a priority" . What if all those on the Org agree to put questions to our political masters and see what the results come from it . There's plenty we agree on and for the bits we don't ,compromise is an option . Let's ask the questions of them and not each other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast