Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
You can sit there till the coos come home, for all I care, I don't have to justify or back up anything to you. You already know everything anyway, and as you have mentioned, posting on here won't change anyone's mind, especially yours, but that wasn't my intention.

I certainly won't be taking many facts from Tory run websites, but just a few wee pointers. They are using figures that deal with Scotland being part of the UK. They also don't take into account the "non-identifiable spending" like Big Ben, the London Sewer System, Trident and things like that, which we are paying into. It all adds up when someone else is spending your money for you, whether you like it or not. (hence our part of the UK Debt) There are also other things that would be different in an Independent Scotland. (like the extra money needed at present for mitigation of things like the Bedroom Tax)

Regarding it not being about the SNP.....it's not. Don't you get it? The other Parties at Holyrood are run from Westminster, and therefore not allowed to support Independence. Scottish Labour have hinted at changing their views a few times, but are always, swiftly brought to heel from their Westminster bosses.

The Snp, helped by the Scottish Greens, is the only Party big enough to get us through Independence. Once we get that, the SNP may even disappear as we will have other Scottish Parties to run Scotland, or at least be more committed to Scotland, be they Labour, Tory, Lib Dems, Greens, even a Scottish Raving Loony Party if need be.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, Boris is a Monster.

MSM means Mainstream Media, and is widely used online.

I'm off now to have more "Emotional Moments". I'm like that.
Shabbychic I've had similar debates with Goodfellers, so this argument is just going around in circles. Goodfellers and orkneycadian are familiar with the term MSM; they’re just a pair of windup merchants repeating the same negative mantra. I’ve yet to hear them express anything positive about any political movement.

Regarding Scotland’s ‘deficit’. This has been debunked many many times. Scotland cannot have a deficit since its’ borrowing capability is restricted. The deficit arises because Westminster proportions its’ debit to it. The same tactic was used over India prior to its’ independence in 1948.
An analogy; You earn £10 and are forced to give your neighbour eight of those pounds. Being a magnanimous neighbour they give you back four pounds and then spend two pounds buying a lawn mower for you to use, despite the fact that you don’t have a garden or a lawn.