Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Separatist hypocrisy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, I was a bit out with my time, but has wee Krankie said anything other than the word "mandate" for the last 6 hours?

Not sure why - I have not counted up the constituency results in full yet, partly as all I have found so far is an interactive map to show the SNP share of the vote, and not a nice sorted table! But at first glance is seems that well below half of the Scottish constituencies returned 50% or more of a vote share for the SNP. Still need to add the share of the vote for their seperatist cohorts, the Green Party, but its nothing like the clean sweep they would need to say hand on heart that every single constituency in Scotland voted in favour of a separatist party, and that no constituency will be dragged along against their will. Add to that the fact that nationally, the SNP vote share was just 45%, and the Greens, just 1%, then the total separatist vote was just 46%. If thats taken as the feeling of the Scottish electorate for another Neverendum, then its little different from the 45% Yes result in 2014. Its not even as high as the nearly 50% national share of the vote that the SNP got in 2015. So support is lower in 2019, than it was in 2015, and thats reflected in the lower number of seats won.

So nothing to see here - No mandate - The Scottish electorate have spoken, and yet again, less than half of us have a desire for separatism.

Now, Nicola, there are some people in Govan who would really like to you to get on with sorting out their day to day issues, and the real matters that affect them. Could you maybe start on that and keep your mind focused on it for the next 5 years?
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 13-Dec-19 at 13:32. Reason: Grammar