Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Separatist hypocrisy

Shabbychic....you say

"What I don't like though is talk of compulsory sterilisation programmes. That is the start of the path leading to eugenics and to me, that's a big no no."

I suggest a way of helping to solve the world crisis we are heading towards, yet you see me perhaps advocating 'eugenics' This article is talking about the USA, but might be worth reading.....last line from it below...https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/...ility/climate/

and long-term population reduction to ecologically sustainable levels will solve the global warming crisis and move us to toward a healthier, more stable, post-fossil fuel, post-growth addicted society

This is another interesting read https://populationmatters.org/the-facts/climate-change

Line from document...…
    The study identified family planning and educating girls as among the top 10 workable solutions to combat climate change available today

And another article written last month, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-climate-alarm

The scientists make specific calls for policymakers to quickly implement systemic change to energy, food and economic policy. But they go one step further, into the politically fraught territory of population control...…..

This article tells of 11,000 scientist signing agreeing that population needs to be reduced to save the planet. It's not just my personal opinion, it's the worlds top scientific minds.

So, I'd appreciate it if you didn't paint a picture of me as some kind of monster in your head, I'm suggesting things to maybe help the planet long term.

Last edited by Goodfellers; 31-Dec-19 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    All that you have stated is irrelevant.

I'm suggesting a 'modern' version. NOT reverting to a Victorian style system.

Have you heard of Chelsea pensioners. The ex service chaps in bright red coats? They give up their service pension to live in rent free heated accommodation with three meals a day. I suppose that too is 'outrageous' as it is very similar to what I'm suggesting. Let's start a petition to get this outrageous outdated system abolished!
    Chelsea pensioners? Right. That's they over 65, single, retired army people, who live in regimented conditions. Get you now.

So, the government will build large institutions all over the country, and fill them up with families, the sick and disabled, and single people of all ages. Then they will all hand in their benefits in return for a heated room and 3 meals a day, What about clothes and shoes, toiletries, baby stuff, toys, transport costs if they have to go anywhere and things like that? Will they have to wear uniforms or can they pick stuff out of catalogues? How will it work regarding the small amount they will be allowed to earn , that you mentioned, for their personal items and wee treats like their fags and bevvie and stuff? Will these earnings be restricted to certain amounts? Will this work be in-house or outsourced? What about the sick and disabled? What will they do for their wee treats if they can't work? Just off the top of my head, is this the kind of thing you mean?

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. I can see that working. I think it's back to the drawing board on that one, eh?

Regarding the topics of workhouses and climate change and population control, and all the other world problems being discussed here, this thread is supposed to be about the hypocrisy of those who want Independence. Don't you think those other things should have their own threads? Just a suggestion.

Whatever you say Corky

Or Maggie

or even Odd

Take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Regarding the topics of workhouses and climate change and population control, and all the other world problems being discussed here, this thread is supposed to be about the hypocrisy of those who want Independence. Don't you think those other things should have their own threads? Just a suggestion.
    Perhaps you should have thought about that before posting #64...just a suggestion.

Whatever you say Corky

Or Maggie

or even Odd

Take your pick

Oh for goodness sake....Grow Up. You're acting like a petulant 5 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    No issue with the topics drifting about a bit - Thats the way conversation and debate goes in the real world. But don't worry, as sure as night follows day, some seperatist will soon be hypocritical again, and the thread can meander back onto topic.

Well, whattaya know. You just need to wait a few days, and sure enough, along comes some more seperatist hypocrisy;

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...tion-kzwb72mth

Ian Blackford: SNP was systematically omitted by BBC during general election

Deary me. Maybe Ian Blackford is feeling upstaged that during the Westminster election, for which he is the SNP leader, Wee Krankie kept stealing his limelight, despite the fact she wasn't even standing in the election. Aside from that;

"The party issued a demand to broadcasters last month to “rigorously scrutinise” the Conservatives’ “undemocratic and untenable assertion” that the SNP did not have a mandate for a second referendum."

Correct Mr Blackford. 45% of the votes going to the SNP does not constitute a mandate. Conversely, 55% of the votes support a mandate for no further referendum.
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 04-Jan-20 at 10:42. Reason: More font sizes than a DoAnalSins article....

And another hypocritical separatist comes along.....

https://www.thenational.scot/politic...ms-snp-policy/

Kenny MacAskill should keep SNP policy criticisms to himself

Where do you start with that man and hypocrisy? Cabinet Secretary for Justice? Then lets out a mass murderer after serving just 11 days for each life he took?

Then, the separatist rag says.....

"As a new MP I believe he has a collective responsibility to the party and his fellow MPs to ensure that his opinions and criticisms of SNP policy and in fact anything which, in general, creates mixed messages about SNP policy are kept in check and remain part of party discussion."

Now you see the separatists in full flow. No, Dan Wood of Kirriemuir, Kenny MacAskill has a collective responsibility to his constituents. A concept I believe which is quite alien to the SNP, but one upon which our parliamentary system is supposed to be based on. Of course, with the SNP, that's something that can be conveniently ignored. Have you ever seen the SNP MPs in Westminster do, say or vote on anything in anything other than a contiguous block of one? No, didn't think so - What the High Priestess of Holyrood tells them to do is much more important than whatever their constituents tell them.

Call me a big cynic, but I notice an account that has been dormant since mid 2017 has joined the board. ……..Mid 2017 was when the lovely pair of Corky and Maggie created accounts. Now they have gone quite and Odd starts up. I'm guessing Old hasn't blocked you, and as Corky has, he must have been getting frustrated at not being able to comment....Just my thoughts, I'm sure Odd/Corky/Maggie will set me straight......How many accounts has he got?
    Just having a wee peek at the org....don't come on much now,as I no longer live in Caithness, having given up being a "white settler" in my mother's home county and gone back to my own one...and noticed this. I tend mostly nowadays to stick to reading the Genealogy forum, but do have a look on this one from time to time.

I am assuming that, by Odd, you mean me....and if so, then I haven't a scooby as to who Corky or Maggie are (and having read through the thread, and before you ask, I don't know who shabbychic is either.) And I have blocked orkneycadian...I have since the run-up to the last indyref....whether Corky has, I couldn't say...but I wouldn't blame him/her if he/she had.

To be fair, I wouldn't post at all on this political forum if so many of you didn't talk such utter ignorant Britnat cobblers. But kudos to you...querying the provenance of posters who post with opinions different to yours is a clever way to get attention when you run out of anything remotely political, and to the point, to say.

I could fill a whole thread with posts querying the provenance of posters....for example, are you and orkneycadian the same person as you both appear to hold much the same opinions?

To be fair, I wouldn't post at all on this political forum if so many of you didn't talk such utter ignorant Britnat cobblers. But kudos to you...querying the provenance of posters who post with opinions different to yours is a clever way to get attention when you run out of anything remotely political, and to the point, to say.

But this is you doing exactly that, belittling those who do not agree with you! The idea on here is surely to discuss matters from all points of view without name calling and thinking that you are somehow superior because you have , in your own estimation, the only 'right' point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post

But this is you doing exactly that, belittling those who do not agree with you! The idea on here is surely to discuss matters from all points of view without name calling and thinking that you are somehow superior because you have , in your own estimation, the only 'right' point of view.
    But how else do you respond to a pointless, and verging on the paranoid, post insinuating, for no reason at all, that I am on this forum under multiple personalities in a nice manner which isn't going to offend somebody, even individuals to whom the post was not addressed? I have belittled nobody of the opposite opinion to mine one iota more than they belittle, with regular monotony, everybody with a different opinion to theirs.

Feel free to offend me, I've got skin thicker than a heifer.

When someone user the same expressions, same grammar, same content and exactly the same style I become suspicious. Especially when the accounts log in and out at similar times. you can protest as much as you like, the circumstantial evidence suggests to me that you have at least three accounts. You can do nothing to change my mind.

Contact admin and complain about me if you like, but I believe you are one and the same.

Ps I must say, you have a remarkable memory.

You blocked Orkneycadian before Indyref, so early 2014? I didn't really post anything political before May 18. Amazing, you'll have to tell me your secret to have such a retentive memory
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 08-Jan-20 at 16:22.

I've been a member of the org forums since I moved up to Caithness in January 2006. I'd be interested to be informed which posts you consider illustrate that all the people you think are me use the same expressions, same grammar, same content and exactly the same style. And explain to me how that means that we are all the same person and not just people who are intelligent enough not to waste our time getting our opinions from watching the BBC or reading the likes of the Daily Fail or the Hootsmon, but do our own research and come to our own conclusions, rather than being spoon-fed by the MSM.

If you really think I am posting using multiple identities on this forum, and you aren't just bumping your gums for the sake of saying something...then I would advise you to get in touch with admin, give him a list of those of the org members you think I am operating as.....and have him look into it and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    for example, are you and orkneycadian the same person as you both appear to hold much the same opinions?
    Who was it I was meant to be last time? Oh yes, thats right - Boris Johnson's long lost cousin. Damn, rumbled again! My Goodfellers sock pupperty has been exposed!

Or maybe, could it just about be possible, that not everyone in Scotland subscribes to the seperatist view? And that, from time to time, 2 non seperatists just happen to come together in some place - Be it a pub or a discussion forum. Might it also be possible that those 2 people hold the same view on other things as well, i.e. climate change, the population emergency, etc?

Right, now that I have been exposed as both Boris Johnson's long lost cousin, and Goodfellers, I am off to create another sock puppet alter ego.

not just people who are intelligent enough not to waste our time getting our opinions from watching the BBC or reading the likes of the Daily Fail or the Hootsmon, but do our own research and come to our own conclusions, rather than being spoon-fed by the MSM.
    Perhaps others are also highly intelligent and able to conduct their own research and come to their own conclusions! But it may just so happen that their conclusions differ from those of your good self. You clearly think so highly of yourself and by inference, you denigrate others and it seems that you don't even know that you are dong it. It has to be your opinion or it does not count.

not just people who are intelligent enough not to waste our time getting our opinions from watching the BBC or reading the likes of the Daily Fail or the Hootsmon, but do our own research and come to our own conclusions, rather than being spoon-fed by the MSM.
    Perhaps others are also highly intelligent and able to conduct their own research and come to their own conclusions! But it may just so happen that their conclusions differ from those of your good self. You clearly think so highly of yourself and by inference, you denigrate others and it seems that you don't even know that you are dong it. It has to be your opinion or it does not count.
    I don't think that highly of myself...but I think even less of people who have nothing to say, so proceed to denigrate others by saying, more than once, that people who don't make posts with which he/she agrees are all the same person. This isn't the first time it has happened...it was a regular occurrence prior to and during the last indyref...when all of those extolling the virtues of remaining in the Union, and screaming SNP BAD, then and now, COULD be telling us how we benefit from the Union, with facts and figures to try to make some kind of a case to combat what those of us who think differently say.

If people would just admit they would vote no regardless of any consequences to come, and don't want to hear about Westminster's lies, broken promises, obfuscations, manipulation of figures etc and the MSM regurgitating of Westminster propaganda...then just say you will vote NO in a second referendum and don't want to discuss any other option....and I'll add you to my ignore list. My older cousins and I do not agree over independence for Scotland, so we agree not to discuss politics at all. The ignore option is the equivalent, imo, of agreeing to disagree on a forum (as long as others don't quote the ignored person's posts and they are too nasty to be ignored). But it seems to me that an argument for or against a proposition needs an exchange of facts and figures and the interpretation each party puts on them, to have something to discuss...there is no discussion when the original post is pure bile and nastiness..as it was in this thread.

It seems to me that most of what you are referring to is in the past and the past is done and dusted.
    Then there are 'lies, damned lies and statistics' and all of this was and is very much to the fore so that an ordinary person has to wade their way through and make some sense of it. To suggest that one side was and is all right and the other all wrong is plainly well, wrong.
    I personally think that there is no point just now in re-opening the Independence debate but if others wish to then so be it. I'm surprised however, that in your family that rules out any discussion of politics at all. There is plenty of politics to discuss, I think.
    I have been interested and informed by the discussions on climate change on here and to me, that is far and away the issue and to resolve it in any way necessitates all countries and nations working together and not falling apart.

It seems to me that most of what you are referring to is in the past and the past is done and dusted.
    Then there are 'lies, damned lies and statistics' and all of this was and is very much to the fore so that an ordinary person has to wade their way through and make some sense of it. To suggest that one side was and is all right and the other all wrong is plainly well, wrong.
    I personally think that there is no point just now in re-opening the Independence debate but if others wish to then so be it. I'm surprised however, that in your family that rules out any discussion of politics at all. There is plenty of politics to discuss, I think.
    I have been interested and informed by the discussions on climate change on here and to me, that is far and away the issue and to resolve it in any way necessitates all countries and nations working together and not falling apart.
    The past is never done and dusted, it just gets called history and is ignored by some, remembered by others and lessons are not learned from it by anybody.

I don't see my cousins that much, so we generally have more to talk about than politics when we do meet, but we do talk about aspects of political ideology on Westminster/Holyrood laws on longer visits...just not on the merits/demerits of independence.

I do not think the Independence debate has ever been closed since the signing of the Union Treaty, however much some people would like it to have been. It is just more organised in these days of easier communication. Giiven the UK we voted to stay in in 2014 no longer exists, there is now no status quo on offer for any citizen of the union called the United Kingdom...and it wasn't killed off by Brexit, imo...that was simply the last straw...the first was EVEL announced on September 19th 2014...which illustrates that the "Don't leave us, lead us" cry by Better Together supporters meant no more to Westminster than Alex Salmond's opinion that the vote was "once in a generation " meant to the Scottish Government or pro-independence supporters.

As Brexit is now a done deal, and will go through with whatever kind of a pig's ear the Westminster Government makes of it, there will never be a better time to have another Independence Referendum, because the whole political/economic set-up in the UK is going to change anyway on the whim of Westminster on the back of the Tory Majority elected by England....with only 20 out of 365 Tory MPs elected in the rest of the UK. So, as change is going to happen anyway, with the pension age going to be raised, workers rights decimated, devolution rolled back etc, and with the uK security blanket now so full of moth holes, that it seems illogical not to choose certain change which allows us to make a kirk or a mill of our own country for ourselves, rather than choose certain change imposed on us, whether we like it or not, by a Westminster Government controlled by the votes of English MPs.

I agree with your last sentence, re climate change, btw, but Westminster has never shown itself to be a team player....so good luck with expecting it to "work with all nations" to combat climate change, when it couldn't even work with Scotland over changes to support for the renewables sector.

If there is another indy ref, what do you do if you don't win it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast