Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
I know it won't do any good, orkneycadian, but could you please stop calling the first minister by this derogatory title which helps nobody at this awful time. Have to say that for me, having never been much of a fan of the FM, she now commands my utmost respect for what she is doing and how she is presenting herself day by day- and I am listening now to what she says.
Take heart, Corky!
Having watched Boris Johnston speak to the press and in the house of commons I despair. He is totally unable to express himself properly without stuttering, mumbling and gesticulating; his mouth is running faster than his meagre brain. The man is a PR disaster. Nicola Sturgeon on the other hand makes her point succinctly, speaks coherently with gravitas as appropriate. Our FM might not be popular with orkneycadian and his/her BritNat pals but she commands a lot of respect not just in Scotland but across England too. In these worrying times I know I would rather take advice and guidance from someone who can express themselves properly than someone who testiculates.